Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

FandangoNow -- News and Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-19, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
FandangoNow -- News and Issues

I didn't see a specific thread for FandangoNow, so I thought I would post my issue in a new thread.

A few weeks ago, I earned a $5 reward code for seeing 4 theatrical movies using Fandango.com and the code was applied to my account for a future purchase or rental. I use AMC A-list, so it's basically free reward money.

Today, I got a ticket for Zombieland Double Tap and they gave a special gift code to get the 1st movie (either HD or 4K) for only $4.99. Regular price is $9.99 for either one. So I also applied that code to my account.

So I got Zombieland since I don't own it already and $4.99 is dirt cheap for a 4K UHD digital version.

Here's the issue I ran into. FandangoNow applied the $5 reward code to the purchase and not the special gift code specifically for Zombieland. So yea I got the movie for the price I wanted, but now the Zombieland code is useless and I'm out that $5 that I was wanting to save for something else. And apparently FandangoNow doesn't let you apply 2 codes otherwise, Zombieland would have been free.

What do you think? You think I fucked this up by not using the codes right? Or do I have a case to contact their CS and see if they can give me back my $5 reward?
Old 06-03-20, 10:36 AM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
FandangoNow login troubles?

Yesterday and Today, I'm unable to log into my fandangonow page. I've reset the password several times, and it still gives me a login failure. Browser doesn't seem to matter.

There is a notice at the login screen that raises my eyebrows though "TIP: the email and password you use on Fandango works on FandangoNOW, too!". So I tried the new password on fandango.com and it works. I can log out and log in no problems on that site.Perhaps they are merging accounts and corrupted my account on FandangoNow?
Old 06-03-20, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
Re: FandangoNow login troubles?

I don't use FN very often, but I just tried it on my Roku and had no issues.
Old 06-03-20, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Fandango and FandangoNow actually do share passwords now.

I suggested contacting FN's live chat customer service to resolve this. They were very helpful to me recently with some Movies Anywhere troubles.

Old 06-03-20, 12:34 PM
Political Exile

Originally Posted by DJariya
Fandango and FandangoNow actually do share passwords now.

I suggested contacting FN's live chat customer service to resolve this. They were very helpful to me recently with some Movies Anywhere troubles.
Yeah, I did their chat, and they just told me to clear my cache which didn't help. Considering I tried it on a different browser altogether, I knew it was a futile effort. She's escalated it to their "corporate office" for investigation.
Old 06-03-20, 08:58 PM
Political Exile

Next level support not too helpful

​​​​​​
----
Dear Perry,

Thank you for your previous contact and your interest in FandangoNOW.

Please create a new account. Once this has been done please email us back so that we are able to transfer your purchased content onto the new account, if applicable.

We do apologize for any inconvenience.

We hope this information helps and thank you for making FandangoNOW your choice for online movie streaming!

Best regards,

Damond
FandangoNOW Customer Support
Old 06-03-20, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 868 Likes on 391 Posts

Did you try the fandangonow app on a phone?
Try a browser on your phone?
If using VPN, disconnect.

I seem to remember them (or maybe it was someone else) having problems with special characters in your password. Certain ones didn't work, but it didn't tell you that when you created a new password.
Personally, I would try to wait it out before creating a new account. Something might be locked out in the background for 24 hours or something.
Old 06-03-20, 10:25 PM
Political Exile

Yeah, it's still working on my phone. I'm not going to create a new account until I have to, hopefully it's a temporary problem.
Old 12-27-20, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: FandangoNow -- News and Issues

You can buy the SAW Unrated Version 8 Film Collect for $14.00 on Fandango Now. Unfortunately, it's not with Movies Anywhere.

Last edited by darkhawk; 12-27-20 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-13-21, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
Re: FandangoNow -- News and Issues

Looks like VUDU will be taking over FandangoNOW. I started a thread for that discussion here: https://forum.dvdtalk.com/streaming-talk/653363-fandangonow-moving-vudu.html
​​​​​