Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Podcast Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-22, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
Re: Podcast Master Thread

Originally Posted by Dan
I've been listening to Reply All off and on for a few months now.
I'm up to episode 79, Boy in Photo. Just straight up amazing.
I'm glad you're still liking it. It's my favorite podcast.
Old 01-26-23, 10:36 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,184 Likes on 836 Posts

So I'm all the way up to episode 158 of Reply All now (The Case of the Missing Hit). Easily one of the best episodes they did, yet again. It's such a damn shame I'm coming so close to the end... but PJ's new new show (titled Weekly) sounds like it'll be excellent.
Old 01-27-23, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dan
So I'm all the way up to episode 158 of Reply All now (The Case of the Missing Hit). Easily one of the best episodes they did, yet again. It's such a damn shame I'm coming so close to the end... but PJ's new new show (titled Weekly) sounds like it'll be excellent.
That was a great episode. I’m glad you’re really liking it.
The following users liked this post:
Dan (01-27-23)
Old 05-18-23, 01:36 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

PJ Vogt’s new show, Search Engine, now has its first preview episode up. The show officially launches in July, ideally with new episodes every week.

So far, so good.
Old 05-18-23, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dan
PJ Vogt’s new show, Search Engine, now has its first preview episode up. The show officially launches in July, ideally with new episodes every week.

So far, so good.
Did you finish Reply All? I haven't made it all the way to the end. I kinda stopped listening after the news about PJ.
Old 05-18-23, 11:46 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by lwhy?
Did you finish Reply All? I haven't made it all the way to the end. I kinda stopped listening after the news about PJ.
I did. It's worth going through them as there's a couple jems, but...
Honestly... the show takes a bit of a dive from that point on. I really wish they would retroactively publish the last two Bon Appetit episodes, regardless of the stuff that blew up. It was an interesting story in its own right and needed a conclusion, even if they felt it was flawed.

Regarding the PJ stuff.. I don't know how to feel about it all. The details of everything that went down are a bit confusing. This probably isn't the forum to get into it, though. Regardless, I thought Crypto Island was an excellent little series, and I think Search Engine is sounding like it'll be the spiritual successor to Reply All, albeit without Alex.
Old 08-21-23, 08:28 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Search Engine is turning out to be pretty good for the most part. The latest -- a two-parter on Fentanyl -- is pretty heavy stuff.

The Studies Show is a very new podcast I've been listening to as well. Generally, the hosts are still working out the kinks, but basically the gist is that they talk about existing studies and how they're interpreted, often incorrectly, by other people. However, that's not always the case, and sometimes they don't come to as fine a point on a topic as I'd like, but I still find it entirely interesting to listen to.

Mindscape. Still listening to this off and on. I don't catch every episode, but I'll listen when I have the time. Sean Carroll is an excellent host to all sorts of guests, mostly talking science and philosophy.
Old 03-25-24, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts

If you're a fan of of the Justice League Animated series, Hosts James Enstall and Susan Eisenberg who voiced Wonder Woman are doing a podcast. I've been enjoying it

Susan Eisenberg (aka: Wonder Woman) and James Enstall (aka: Geek To Me Radio) team-up to revisit the original 'Justice League' and 'Justice League Unlimited' cartoons and bring you behind the scenes takes on these beloved animated series! Each episode of the podcast features a special guest from the show from directors, actors, composers, writers, producers and more!!
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...g/id1709910091