Deleted unrelated wiki from a different thread
Print Wikipost

Movies Anywhere - News, Rumors & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-17, 04:26 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: Movies Anywhere - News, Rumors & Discussion

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Cool Google Chrome add-on to get a text file list of your VUDU and/or MA movies.
In Vudu you can filter your list first too if you want, then run the plug-in.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...kdopc?hl=en-US

I've noticed playing around with all of these, some are duplicated in the lists now, MA and DMA anyway because some were redeemed in iTunes and again DMA or elsewhere.
This was really helpful to me. I actually didn't have any duplicate (other than different movies with the same name).

I was able to use this to verify that almost all of my eligible movies ported over. I did find about 50 or so movies from eligible studios that do have UV but didn't have MA, mostly older movies (oddly, some movie series are partially eligible and partially not, like the Thin Man series). I'm hoping that most/all of these become eligible for Movies Anywhere over time. Also, movies that are no longer available to buy don't seem to be MA-eligible (eg, Air Force One, etc)

I did find one oddity. Omen 3 is listed on Vudu as being Movies Anywhere eligible. It does not show up on Movies Anywhere if you search for it... but it did show up at other providers.
Old 10-18-17, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
I got signed up, but I don't want any of the freebie movies in my account except for the Lego Movie, can you delete them? I would like to know how, and I sent a question to support asking about it. Ghostbusters 2016 must be removed from my account.
I thought Ghostbusters 2016 was your favorite film??
Old 10-18-17, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 308 Posts

Well I was able to remove Ghostbusters, Jason Bourne, Big Hero 6, and Ice Age from my Itunes acccount, but they are still showing up on my vudu and movies anywhere account. I sent emails to customer support asking to get rid of them.
Old 10-18-17, 07:21 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 402 Likes on 251 Posts

uh, why?
Old 10-18-17, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,697 Likes on 2,657 Posts

Because they're not Road House, Next of Kin and Point Break. That's why.
Old 10-18-17, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,040 Likes on 857 Posts

Bluelitespecial has some longstanding issues with Ghostbusters that have contributed to at least one thread here being shut down. I'm guessing he's going to be an unusual case for MA customer service.
Old 10-18-17, 08:46 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 940 Likes on 788 Posts

I really can’t believe he would actually call and take time and get movies removed that he never has to watch, ever. Seems absurd...
Old 10-18-17, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If a female answers, he hangs up and keeps calling back until a man answers.
Old 10-18-17, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,697 Likes on 2,657 Posts

And he just deleted his reply.

What a piece of work. Petty and nonsensical reasons.
Old 10-18-17, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Damn, I missed it! I was wondering why OldBoy mentioned a call, while the post I read just mentioned an email. Can you paraphrase what he said before deleting?
Old 10-18-17, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 308 Posts

I don’t want Ghostbusters for the many reasons I have stated. I won’t watch Jason Bourne because I hate Matt Damon and think he’s a virtue signaling tool. Then I don’t want Big Hero 6 because I think Disney destroyed Star Wars and are man hating globalists. I only deleted that comment because I didn’t want to get off topic about the service.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 10-18-17 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-18-17, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts

I don’t want Ghostbusters for the many reasons I have stated. I won’t watch Jason Borne because I hate Matt Damon and think he’s a virtue signaling tool. Then I don’t want Big Hero 6 because I think Disney destroyed Star Wars and are man hating globalists. I only deleted that comment because I didn’t want to get off topic about the service.
The onion adds new (((layers))).
Old 10-18-17, 10:42 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 940 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikael79
Damn, I missed it! I was wondering why OldBoy mentioned a call, while the post I read just mentioned an email. Can you paraphrase what he said before deleting?
Something to the affect that he was talking to Vudu CS to try and have those specific movies, for reasons I have yet to fathom, having hard time, yada yada yada. I think...
Old 10-18-17, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 339 Likes on 258 Posts

I got signed up, but I don't want any of the freebie movies in my account except for the Lego Movie
Can't you sell them? Oh, wait...
Old 10-18-17, 11:14 PM

Received 518 Likes on 373 Posts

For those that are having trouble with some Vudu movies porting over to MA. I finally got it fixed by disconnecting, waiting an hour, and then reconnecting Vudu.

I had some movies that I had purchased over the weekend at FandangoNow, which transferred to Vudu (since they were UV), but didn't transfer from Vudu to MA. I'd tried disconnect/reconnect a few times before. But this time I wait an hour before reconnecting, and it finally worked.
Old 10-19-17, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
For those that are having trouble with some Vudu movies porting over to MA. I finally got it fixed by disconnecting, waiting an hour, and then reconnecting Vudu.

I had some movies that I had purchased over the weekend at FandangoNow, which transferred to Vudu (since they were UV), but didn't transfer from Vudu to MA. I'd tried disconnect/reconnect a few times before. But this time I wait an hour before reconnecting, and it finally worked.
Yep, I've done the same thing lately with my Fandango purchases. Waiting for the movies to come into VUDU, disconnect, then sat there for a couple of minutes, reconnected and then it takes a couple of hours to sync up.
Old 10-19-17, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,287 Likes on 4,300 Posts

There's no limit to the amount of times you can disconnect and reconnect the accounts, right?
Old 10-19-17, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Decker
There's no limit to the amount of times you can disconnect and reconnect the accounts, right?
To my understanding, no as long as it is the same account, meaning if I connect to my vudu account that's registered to [email protected] (for example) and disconnect and reconnect that account, that's alright. If I go to a new one, I think it was 6 months of wait time which I have no intention of doing. But I have seen zilch in the way of # of times you can do it.
Old 10-19-17, 10:51 AM

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
For those that are having trouble with some Vudu movies porting over to MA. I finally got it fixed by disconnecting, waiting an hour, and then reconnecting Vudu...
Excellent, this worked for me - thank you. I feel whole again.
Old 10-19-17, 01:34 PM

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I noticed this morning that all of my WB eligible titles and most of my Universal eligible titles are now showing up as 4K under Google Play. I have never used Google Play (I am a Vudu person), but will be downloading the Roku App tonight to watch
Old 10-19-17, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Hulkabrgr
I noticed this morning that all of my WB eligible titles and most of my Universal eligible titles are now showing up as 4K under Google Play. I have never used Google Play (I am a Vudu person), but will be downloading the Roku App tonight to watch
Dumb ass question, lol...how do you know if you have the 4k version or not in Google Play? I see my movies but it looks like you can only play them, and not any info about what "quality" they are.

....wait...

I think I might have found it:

https://play.google.com/store/movies...0_4kuhd_movies

About a dozen or so show up as playable, but I'm still not sure if I own that "quality". Hrmmm...

Also, this link shows a little more, again I'm still questioning "quality"
https://play.google.com/store/movies...:S:ANO1ljKcdOk
Old 10-19-17, 02:48 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Well I was able to remove Ghostbusters, Jason Bourne, Big Hero 6, and Ice Age from my Itunes acccount, but they are still showing up on my vudu and movies anywhere account. I sent emails to customer support asking to get rid of them.
I don’t want Ghostbusters for the many reasons I have stated. I won’t watch Jason Bourne because I hate Matt Damon and think he’s a virtue signaling tool. Then I don’t want Big Hero 6 because I think Disney destroyed Star Wars and are man hating globalists. I only deleted that comment because I didn’t want to get off topic about the service.
Old 10-20-17, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

One of the things I appreciated from myUV was it showed which retailer you obtained your copy of a title as well as the video quality. It seems like that is all over the map on MA.

By reviewing all the providers, etc, I have determined my collection worked this way. All SD copies I had in iTunes have shown up as HD in all other providers. Any SD copies I had from any other provider show up as SD everywhere. Not much mix and match.

I did get 2 Sony UV titles that are UHD in myUV and show that way on Sony but nowhere else.

It would be great if somehow all titles were simply available at the highest resolution available for the title no matter the provider or service. I do understand that may not fully work for title "purchased:" in SD from a provider, yet this mismatching of resolution of many titles is annoying.
Old 10-20-17, 10:26 AM

Quality is my pet peeve as well. I messed around with the Google Play app on my LG 4k last night and even though I have 4k on some titles from Vudu, none showed up as such on Google Play. Everything was stock HD. And as mentioned, MyUV tells you straight up what you had, where you got it from, etc, etc, etc. Movies Anywhere is some kinda guessing game, and this is probably why I suck at Trivial Pursuit.
Old 10-20-17, 11:33 AM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

After a dozen attempts with help from MA customer support, I still can get nothing to port to or from my iTunes.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.