Print Wikipost

Movies Anywhere - News, Rumors & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-17, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
Re: Movies Anywhere - News, Rumors & Discussion

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
The Roku MA app plays everything in HD even if the title was only SD on other sites, but it doesn't support UHD yet.
That is what I thought and I tried a title that shows SD on every other provider for me (original UV freebie). It for sure was SD. Either that or the HD transfer is completely terrible. And it isn't a title that is only SD as all providers offer me the option to upgrade to HD. My conclusion is it may depend on the movie itself. "Never Been Kissed" is the movie I tried.
Old 10-16-17, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RonG617
I can't get my Disney Anywhere to migrate. Had 0 issues with everything else, just that. Anyone trying Happywatching.com?
I did an order with HappyWatching over the weekend for three titles (Baby Driver, Fences and Hidden Figures). Got the codes instantly, and all of them worked easily. And the two that were supposed to pass over to Movies Anywhere did as well (Hidden Figures and Baby Driver, Fences did not because its a Paramount title). All out the door for $11 and some changes. Worked out well for me.
Old 10-16-17, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 868 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
I still hope UV library being 0 doesn’t affect Vudu sharing...
Looks like myuv.com is working now (at least my library showed up now).
Old 10-16-17, 10:11 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Looks like myuv.com is working now (at least my library showed up now).
yeah, mine seems to be back as well. thanks.
Old 10-16-17, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

What's this thing about "sign up with Vudu first and get Ice Age and Ghostbusters free"? And then there's a second retailer (Disney, I assume) for Big Hero 6, Jason Bourne, and The Lego Movie. Does it really matter which order I connect accounts?
Old 10-16-17, 10:30 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
What's this thing about "sign up with Vudu first and get Ice Age and Ghostbusters free"? And then there's a second retailer (Disney, I assume) for Big Hero 6, Jason Bourne, and The Lego Movie. Does it really matter which order I connect accounts?
The order shouldn't matter, but the retailers are: Vudu, iTunes, Amazon Video and Google Play.
Old 10-16-17, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It says it matters, but I didn't link Vudu first and I still got the Vudu movies for free.
Old 10-16-17, 10:34 AM

Yeah, I really don't think the order matters. I did Vudu first, Amazon second and then Google third. And it's probably only because it was listed first lol.
Old 10-16-17, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

I got Jason Bourne and Ghostbusters for free, and I wasn't aware of this offer, but they just showed up in my library and I was wondering where they came from, so thanks for letting me know. I already owned the other 3 movies.

Last edited by Obi-Wanma; 10-16-17 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-16-17, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,197 Likes on 4,224 Posts

I already had all five of those movies on the cloud.

I set up a profile to stream in my pediatric office. I have to keep it at PG - I'd like G, but so many of the non-Disney animated films are PG like Boss Baby, Captain Underpants, Minions, Ice Age. No big deal but it serves as a reminder of what got included as PG in the days before PG-13 was a thing. I don't want to accidentally start streaming The Sting or Sixteen Candles in front of a bunch of little kids.
Old 10-16-17, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Decker
I already had all five of those movies on the cloud.

I set up a profile to stream in my pediatric office. I have to keep it at PG - I'd like G, but so many of the non-Disney animated films are PG like Boss Baby, Captain Underpants, Minions, Ice Age. No big deal but it serves as a reminder of what got included as PG in the days before PG-13 was a thing. I don't want to accidentally start streaming The Sting or Sixteen Candles in front of a bunch of little kids.
Don't forget Spaceballs or Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (among many older Planet of the Apes movies).
Old 10-16-17, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Thanks for the responses! Just connected Vudu, Amazon, Google, and iTunes, and stuff migrated right away. I was out all weekend and thought I should've signed up before that to give everything time to migrate over, but I guess it's pretty fast now that the initial rush is over.

Originally Posted by Defiant
The order shouldn't matter, but the retailers are: Vudu, iTunes, Amazon Video and Google Play.
Right, Disney isn't a retailer, but DMA also needs to be connected. Looks like the Lego-Big Hero-Bourne combo was from Amazon, and I got all five freebies. I already had Big Hero 6 from DMA, and though I had Lego Movie, it was on Microsoft so it didn't carry over, but now I have it in MA anyway.

Pretty funny to take a trip down memory lane with the digital copies I redeemed years ago even if it seemed redundant with the physical discs I had, and even if I wasn't sure I'd ever watch the movies (The Box? Splice? Jumper?). And I was recently thinking about D2Ding the Friday the 13th remake and now I have it, but it's not the Killer Cut version.
Old 10-16-17, 11:55 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

How many can stream from one MA account at once? Might be cool for a heavy itunes buyer, vudu collector, Amazon purchaser, etc to have combined accounts and share.

I'm like 80% UV/Vudu in my digital, so merging these is adding just a handful each from the others.
Old 10-16-17, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
How many can stream from one MA account at once?

I believe there's a max of four streams at one time (or a max of two streams if you're watching the same movie).
Old 10-16-17, 12:19 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

With the exception of 3 movies, I've had nothing but smooth sailing since the launch Thursday (that initial sign up was a nightmare).

I've redeemed probably 15 old UV codes I've been hanging onto for a while now
Old 10-16-17, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I can't get Hugo to connect from iTunes, but then I see it's a Paramount Picture. Hopefully they'll get onboard soon.
Old 10-16-17, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 868 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
No big deal but it serves as a reminder of what got included as PG in the days before PG-13 was a thing. I don't want to accidentally start streaming The Sting or Sixteen Candles in front of a bunch of little kids.
When my nephews (on wife's side) were younger they used to spend almost every Thanksgiving weekend with us. And their parent's rule was only PG or lower movies.
Well, they're going through my collection and pull out Jaws and say can we watch this? It's rated PG! ME: absolutely (I didn't care, weren't my kids) and my wife goes NOOOOooo way are they watching that.
lol
Old 10-16-17, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I haven't gone through title by title, but my only complaint so far is that sorting by purchase date in the Vudu app is pretty messed up, especially considering I connected iTunes last, and that has the oldest movies from the digital-copy days (I haven't purchased movies there in the streaming-service age) so those show at the top.
Old 10-16-17, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
When my nephews (on wife's side) were younger they used to spend almost every Thanksgiving weekend with us. And their parent's rule was only PG or lower movies.
Well, they're going through my collection and pull out Jaws and say can we watch this? It's rated PG! ME: absolutely (I didn't care, weren't my kids) and my wife goes NOOOOooo way are they watching that.
lol
Yeah, this probably belongs in another topic but I've had this discussion with my wife numerous times since we have a 2 1/2 year old. I grew up with a mother who loves horror movies and schools were a lot more laxed than they are now. Point in fact, I saw plenty R rated movies by the time I was ten. We are talking Exorcist, Rambo, Alien(s), etc. Heck I saw Aliens at school in a 4th grade class. Figure that out.

My wife on the other hand was originally no R movies before he is 17....and I'm thinking...really? She's softened on that, especially when she realized the implications of what she has said. (That means nothing for us either until he goes to bed or we have a free night). So our 2 1/2 year old watches PG, and some PG-13 (I have to know the movie). I'm just biding my time until he turns 8, 9. Then I'll scar him for life .
Old 10-16-17, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by JoeyOhhhh
With the exception of 3 movies, I've had nothing but smooth sailing since the launch Thursday (that initial sign up was a nightmare).

I've redeemed probably 15 old UV codes I've been hanging onto for a while now
me too. no issues whatsoever. still don't understand it all, but whatever...
Old 10-16-17, 10:21 PM

Amazon has a page for eligible Movies Anywhere Titles here.
Old 10-17-17, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Defiant
Amazon has a page for eligible Movies Anywhere Titles here.
As does Vudu here.
Old 10-17-17, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 422 Likes on 305 Posts

Can some explain to me what makes this different? I thought VUDU already connected all your digital movies into one place.
Old 10-17-17, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Can some explain to me what makes this different? I thought VUDU already connected all your digital movies into one place.
no. you couldn't get Amazon or iTunes movies into Vudu. they are direct competitors. this makes it so they are like best friends kissing and hugging on the last day of school...
Old 10-17-17, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 422 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
no. you couldn't get Amazon or iTunes movies into Vudu. they are direct competitors. this makes it so they are like best friends kissing and hugging on the last day of school...
Okay, thanks I primarily use VUDU for digital copies, and it connects with Ultraviolet, and flixster. I do have a few movies on iTunes so if this connects everything all in one place I might try it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.