The Official WWE Network Thread

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

The Official WWE Network Thread

Old 03-04-14, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Official WWE Network Thread

Originally Posted by GCS
Something to ask you streamers ... any chance they have ECW (the real ECW - Heyman style not the WWE ECW we got a while back) shows and weekly broadcasts?

Would love to see those show in some sort of chronological order
They have a few shows from 1993 on there at the moment. They appear to be going up in chronological order as well.
Old 03-04-14, 03:59 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by argh923
They have a few shows from 1993 on there at the moment. They appear to be going up in chronological order as well.
Excellent that might just get me to sign up, that and the old NWA (Crockett) days with the 4 Horsemen, Dusty, Road Warriors etc.
Old 03-04-14, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by argh923
I've been checking some of those out. It's still pre "extreme" ECW, so it may look very different with what you think ECW being about. But it's a fascinating transition ECW would make between 1993 and 1995. The ep I just watched had a heel Superfly Snuka brutalizing a baby-faced Tommy Dreamer, not looking like such an innovator of violence in his green suspenders
Old 03-04-14, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm watching Starrcade 87 on my Kindle and on my PC right now so it is definitely there but if you click on WCW PPVs it isn't listed under All. You need to click on the year and select 1987 or click on Starrcade, where they have all the PPV titles you can pick from, and then it will show up.
Old 03-04-14, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by JCWBobC
I'm watching Starrcade 87 on my Kindle and on my PC right now so it is definitely there but if you click on WCW PPVs it isn't listed under All. You need to click on the year and select 1987 or click on Starrcade, where they have all the PPV titles you can pick from, and then it will show up.
I think different things show up on different devices. It's not on the iPhone app.

Hell I can't find any non WWE PPV's on the 360.
Old 03-04-14, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you go into the WWE App on your Iphone you click on the 3 bars in the top left corner-then click on WWE Network. Click on All PPV's-then WCW-then at the top it says All Years and All WCW. Click on All Years and you can select the year you want. If you select 1987 and then click on Done the only PPV the comes up is Starrcade 87. Hope this helps you find it.

If you just click on WCW Starrcade 87 isn't listed at all but if you check by year or by name it is there.
Old 03-04-14, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you go into the WWE App on your Iphone you click on the 3 bars in the top left corner-then click on WWE Network. Click on All PPV's-then WCW-then at the top it says All Years and All WCW. Click on All Years and you can select the year you want. If you select 1987 and then click on Done the only PPV the comes up is Starrcade 87. Hope this helps you find it.

If you just click on WCW Starrcade 87 isn't listed at all but if you check by year or by name it is there.
That did it. Strange.
Old 03-05-14, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What is going on with the WWE Network this morning? The web site won't load on my PC, my Roku's say I'm not a subscriber, and my Iphones/Kindle's say "invalid app account/partner".
Old 03-05-14, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts

The Mania Rewind about Hulk and Andre was pretty good. However, I know they edited some comments of some the wrestlers. Ricky Steamboat spoke of how everyone was buying a ticket to see Hogan and Andre and how they sold the show. I remember a bit of the same interview where added "but we thought we would steal the show," referring to his classic match with Randy Savage.
Old 03-05-14, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I had problems with the PS4 app, as the Network just wouldn't load. Growing pains...

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
The Mania Rewind about Hulk and Andre was pretty good. However, I know they edited some comments of some the wrestlers. Ricky Steamboat spoke of how everyone was buying a ticket to see Hogan and Andre and how they sold the show. I remember a bit of the same interview where added "but we thought we would steal the show," referring to his classic match with Randy Savage.
Why would they have him talking about stealing the show when the episode was supposed to be about Hogan and Andre? Of course it was edited, it's a documentary.

They will probably have an episode devoted to that match as well down the road.
Old 03-05-14, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

They only had two WWE documentaries up until today. Bret/Shawn and Steve Austin which was added last weekend. When I came home from work today they added the Rock documentary. I watched half of it but had to run out. Just logged in to finish it and the entire thing is gone now.
Old 03-06-14, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
They only had two WWE documentaries up until today. Bret/Shawn and Steve Austin which was added last weekend. When I came home from work today they added the Rock documentary. I watched half of it but had to run out. Just logged in to finish it and the entire thing is gone now.
It'll be back on Saturday, as they've been advertising it on the network all week.
Old 03-06-14, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheKing
I had problems with the PS4 app, as the Network just wouldn't load. Growing pains...

Why would they have him talking about stealing the show when the episode was supposed to be about Hogan and Andre? Of course it was edited, it's a documentary.

They will probably have an episode devoted to that match as well down the road.

I understand the need for that need. I was merely stating that I recognized the interview footage from somewhere else.
Old 03-06-14, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

An Old School show for Boston Garden was listed on their programming and now it's gone. Don't know what's going on. It would be nice too know when new programming will appear.
Old 03-06-14, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life
It would be nice too know when new programming will appear.
You can look at the schedule and see a few days in advance, but that's a lengthy process. We can assume that once it's aired on the network, it'll be available for streaming.

But for the shows that they mass-upload - that would absolutely be great to know when it's coming.
Old 03-06-14, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts

n00b question, but is NXT a weekly show on the network now? I was really impressed with Arrival last week and want to watch more.
Old 03-06-14, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes. The next episode airs at 9PM tonight.
Old 03-06-14, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone else find it weird that they have points on the timeline that give away the endings to each match?
Old 03-06-14, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I want Superstars, WCW Thunder, Saturday Night, SNME...
Old 03-06-14, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No one wants to be put through WCW Thunder again.
Old 03-06-14, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
n00b question, but is NXT a weekly show on the network now?
I was really impressed with Arrival last week and want to watch more.
Yes as someone else said NXT will be on Thursday nights from 9:00 pm ET to 10:00 pm ET. There will be a repeat on the Network feed from 12:00 am ET to 1:00 am ET. Although you can skip that and access the new episode anytime before that once the premiere showing ends at 10:00 pm ET.

If you have Hulu and not WWE Network, the weekly episodes will be first shown on Fridays. However Hulu screwed up this week and their viewers were able to watch tonights episode early like this morning. They also had those three-four minute clips of matches/interviews up early as well - I think on Wednesday night, they started to show up. (Edit: Even though I have Hulu - I decided to be a good boy and wait until it premiered on the WWE Network at 9:00 pm ET to watch this weeks episode. Probably do that every week - watch it on the WWE Network - although most cases it won't be the premiere showing as I'll be busy doing other stuff at the time.)

Note: If you just have Hulu and want to watch the Arrival show from last week - its located in the clip area and not the episode area. For some reason they go from the NXT preview episode to this weeks episode there - skipping the Arrival episode. Its the complete episode and not the edited version that the WWE Network aired on Tuesday night which just showed the Ceasro-Zayn/Dallas-Neville matches. Some people thought WWE would send Hulu the edited version.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 03-07-14 at 06:38 AM.
Old 03-07-14, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Anyone else find it weird that they have points on the timeline that give away the endings to each match?
i wish they just said "end of match" instead of "Undertaker pins Red Rooster after a tombstone pile driver"
Old 03-07-14, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
i wish they just said "end of match" instead of "Undertaker pins Red Rooster after a tombstone pile driver"
Because the outcome of that one was totally in doubt?
Old 03-07-14, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

I wanna see some Bobo Brazil coco-butt's-come on WWE Network-deliver the goods.
Old 03-09-14, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I watched some old WCW PPVs last night and I have to say that while the product from 91 to earl 96 was mostly dumb, it was never not entertaining. Uncensored '96, which I think might have been Hogan's last WCW PPV as a face before the NWO, was so outlandish I couldn't help but find it fun.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.