Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

The Official WWE Network Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-14, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Official WWE Network Thread

still was having issues last night with the roku...

sucks because i still havent finished watching beyond the ring...

also, i thought that if you watched a show on one device, you can pickup right from where you left off on another device.. is this not the case?
Old 02-27-14, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by raven56706
still was having issues last night with the roku...

sucks because i still havent finished watching beyond the ring...

also, i thought that if you watched a show on one device, you can pickup right from where you left off on another device.. is this not the case?
That's a Netflix feature. You can't even do that on a single device for WWE Network as of yet. WWE doesn't even have a queue system in place as of yet.

Right now, your account is used only to verify you have access to the Network, nothing more advanced than that.
Old 02-27-14, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Was surprised to see the app pop up on the Apple TV screen which makes it so much easier to use than airplaying from my MacBook Pro...LOVING the service so far. Starting my journey with old WCW.
Old 02-27-14, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Quack
Was surprised to see the app pop up on the Apple TV screen which makes it so much easier to use than airplaying from my MacBook Pro...LOVING the service so far. Starting my journey with old WCW.
Thanks for the heads up. After seeing your post, I signed up for the service through my iTunes account on my Apple TV. I started with Wrestlemania 3 and had no issue with buffering and streaming at all. I only wish it was on HD but I know is a fool's dream for the older stuff.

I'm loving it so far...
Old 02-27-14, 05:14 PM
Premium Member

Received 694 Likes on 464 Posts

I signed up for the trial and it's pretty good so far, but I'm not sure how long the nostalgia factor will last. Hoping they do add some more 80s stuff as they go.

Was fun watching ECW Heatwave '98 again, I was ringside with some buddies at that one on Dayton.

No issues with the streaming here on PS3 or on AppleTV.
Old 02-27-14, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Stream died in the middle of Arrival (and not just for me, judging from a wrestling forum I've been browsing). They've gotta get that shit ironed out by Wrestlemania. If their goal was to get me to switch to TNA for tonight ... mission accomplished
Old 02-27-14, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stream was only down for about two minutes.
Old 02-27-14, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They'd have to play g o a t s e on repeat before I switched to TNA.
Old 02-27-14, 08:41 PM

did your system crash during the NXT PPV?
Old 02-27-14, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts

Just signed up, signed on (via Roku) and gave it a whirl. Nice!!

I'll cancel next Thurs before my 7 days are up and subscribe for real when WM30 is near (no use wasting month #1 on a non-PPV month)
Old 02-28-14, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by lacubs
did your system crash during the NXT PPV?
Mine did toward the end of the show. Picture froze,which still seems to be the main problem.
Old 02-28-14, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JohnSlider
Stream was only down for about two minutes.
Then you were one of the lucky ones. The majority of users missed the entire main event, and couldn't get back into it, myself included.
Old 02-28-14, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pwinsider.com

A ton of readers sent word that Roku has released a fix for the VOD problems with the WWE Network. On their Twitter, Roku announced, "#WWENetwork update: we just pushed a fix to the channel. Don't see it? Force an update by clicking Settings -> System update -> check now."

Chris "No Relation" Johnson sent the following....PS4 launched an update to the network tonight as well adding the search function to the App.

Sideshow Shan sent word that the 2014 Royal Rumble is now available in the WWE Network's VOD PPV area.

In asking about the Elimination Chamber, I was told by a source that it will debut on 3/24 due to a contractual obligation with PPV replays. Going forward, the other PPVs will be available the next day via VOD.

The same source indicated that a lot of content will be added once the free trial is over. The idea is that they want the free trial people to sample enough to get them to pay but not give them everything at once.

There are also plans to add every episode of Saturday Night's Main Event and the WCW Clash of Champions as well.
Old 02-28-14, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GuessWho

I'll cancel next Thurs before my 7 days are up and subscribe for real when WM30 is near (no use wasting month #1 on a non-PPV month)
Just make sure that the rumors that the one-week free trial being from Monday-Sunday (despite when you signed up) isn't true.
Old 02-28-14, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mikael79
Just make sure that the rumors that the one-week free trial being from Monday-Sunday (despite when you signed up) isn't true.
Thanks for inspiring me to doublecheck...

My billing info page says the following:

You are currently within your 7-day Free Trial of WWE Network.

Your 7-day Free Trial ends on Friday, March 07, 2014, and your paid subscription will begin on Friday, March 07, 2014. The credit/debit card or PayPal account you have on file will be charged $9.99 plus applicable taxes on this date.
I think I'm all set for the weekend and a sample of the Raw preview/recap shows.

Last edited by GuessWho; 02-28-14 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-28-14, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GuessWho

At least sign up a few days before as there will most likely be another crush of new users on that day and their commerce system probably won't be able to handle it again.
Old 02-28-14, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

3 ... 2 ... 1 ... DUCKFACE!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rw_omJpzjks" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-01-14, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The only problem I'm having is -I have a Pavilion g6(laptop) computer and if it goes unattended,the screen will go black. This doesn't happen if I listen too certain internet radio stations. Screen remains the same.

So,as soon as I get a 25 ft long HDMI cable and watch it on my HD tv,it's going too be a pain to go back to the computer and just move the mouse alittle so the screen doesn't remain black.

I've read where it might be an overheating problem. Why they put the vents on the bottom and not on the side is beyond me?
Old 03-01-14, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life
The only problem I'm having is -I have a Pavilion g6(laptop) computer and if it goes unattended,the screen will go black. This doesn't happen if I listen too certain internet radio stations. Screen remains the same.

So,as soon as I get a 25 ft long HDMI cable and watch it on my HD tv,it's going too be a pain to go back to the computer and just move the mouse alittle so the screen doesn't remain black.
And it's not just the power settings? Default settings will do that (black out screen after inactivity). I've found websites vary with how easily they induce blackout/sleep responses.
Old 03-01-14, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

it's going too be a pain to go back to the computer and just move the mouse alittle
mice are wireless now
Old 03-01-14, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life

I've read where it might be an overheating problem. Why they put the vents on the bottom and not on the side is beyond me?
It's not power settings? You should be able to fix it. Some apps override it, maybe WWE Network doesn't yet?
Old 03-01-14, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by loneranger
It's not power settings? You should be able to fix it. Some apps override it, maybe WWE Network doesn't yet?
I was wondering why I would listen to one radio station and the screen would go black while listening to another-it stayed the same.
Old 03-01-14, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, all you have to do is try WWE Network with all power saving options disabled and see if your problem persists. If it doesn't, you have your answer.
Old 03-01-14, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone have trouble cancelling? Between feeling like I was given the runaround and people not understanding English it felt like a chore. I was then told that I signed up for the 6 month commitment. When I know I clicked on the trial banner. They gave me a reference # now I have to wait to see if I get my refund.
Old 03-01-14, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Network is running perfect for me now. Rumor is they are going to add a lot of content when the free trial period ends. They promised 50 documentaries at launch but probably don't have 6 yet.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.