Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Streaming Talk
Reload this Page >

The Fandango at Home (Vudu) Thread - News, Bargains & Codes

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

The Fandango at Home (Vudu) Thread - News, Bargains & Codes

Old 12-23-16, 04:55 AM
  #1501  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6,535
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

The code didn't work for me

I also noticed VUDU was down for an hour or so...was going through withdrawal Had to switch to Netflix for a bit.
Old 12-23-16, 10:07 AM
  #1502  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,699
Received 657 Likes on 455 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by OldBoy
if I rent from Vudu, is that sharable as well to another user for the 30 days?
No, only UV compatible purchases are shareable from Vudu.
Old 12-23-16, 09:15 PM
  #1503  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
hanshotfirst1138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Livonia MI
Posts: 9,678
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Trevor
That's got to be a joke. Millions of customers and you offer it to the first thousand? No company is that stupid.
A company owned by Walmart is.
Old 12-24-16, 10:17 AM
  #1504  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 49,671
Received 957 Likes on 799 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

hey, can someone tell me why some movies are not UV compatible? a new movie, Deepwater Horizon by Lionsgate is not as i wanted to share. why is this? because production company doesn't allow it? i know Disney movies are not, but why others? thanks.
Old 12-24-16, 10:34 AM
  #1505  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,669
Received 6,407 Likes on 4,384 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by OldBoy
hey, can someone tell me why some movies are not UV compatible? a new movie, Deepwater Horizon by Lionsgate is not as i wanted to share. why is this? because production company doesn't allow it? i know Disney movies are not, but why others? thanks.
That is because that movie has not been released on Blu Ray yet. Right now, it's just a digital exclusive. Once the Blu Ray comes out (1/10/17), your copy should transfer to UV. It's the same as the reason that movie isn't rentable yet.

Last edited by Decker; 12-24-16 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-24-16, 10:36 AM
  #1506  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 343
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Trevor
And what exactly is the best way to enter Disney codes? I vaguely something about trying them at Vudu first before entering them at Disney.
My understanding is that you always want to enter Disney codes on your account on Disney Movies Anywhere, as that way, you'll get points for inputting it in (which, IIUC, you won't if you input them through other sites)
Old 12-24-16, 10:40 AM
  #1507  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,669
Received 6,407 Likes on 4,384 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

I didn't mind that I missed out on the $6 giveaway, those are hit and miss.
What bothers me is that I spent $8 at VUDU on L.A. Story with the understanding that it came with an email code for a $5 coupon to see La La Land which I was going to see anyways. They did mail me a code, but as it turns out it was only redeemable on a site where you purchase the tickets online, with a service fee. For my family, that service fee more than negated the $5 coupon. In other words, it would have been cheaper to NOT use the coupon and bought my tickets at the box office. That's some bullshit right there. I called to complain but of course nobody ever picked up the phone.
Old 12-24-16, 11:05 AM
  #1508  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,699
Received 657 Likes on 455 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Decker
What bothers me is that I spent $8 at VUDU on L.A. Story with the understanding that it came with an email code for a $5 coupon to see La La Land which I was going to see anyways. They did mail me a code, but as it turns out it was only redeemable on a site where you purchase the tickets online, with a service fee. For my family, that service fee more than negated the $5 coupon. In other words, it would have been cheaper to NOT use the coupon and bought my tickets at the box office. That's some bullshit right there. I called to complain but of course nobody ever picked up the phone.
I guess you could've bought only your ticket via the site, and bought the other tickets at the box office. This wasn't a reserved seat theater, was it?
Old 12-24-16, 11:08 AM
  #1509  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,669
Received 6,407 Likes on 4,384 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Yes it was. And even if it wasn't, a $5 credit is measly enough that you shouldn't have to even pay a $2 service fee to redeem it. I've sent them an email message. Hopefully they aren't too swamped with requests for free credits to read my complaint.
Old 12-24-16, 11:09 AM
  #1510  
TGM
DVD Talk Legend
 
TGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,976
Received 403 Likes on 252 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

I posted this in the traders thread, figured i'd post it here too

now is the time to fill in your missing digital Disney movies. Buy on Google Play, connected accounts with port to Vudu.

50% off at Google Play (works on movies, bundles, etc.):

https://play.google.com/store?code=G...2S1UJENMUYE4XQ

Plus $3 off $7+ on Google Play when paying with PayPal:

https://coupons.paypal.com/offers/mm...03674227145656

got the original Tron in HDX for $5.99.
Old 12-24-16, 11:33 AM
  #1511  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 49,671
Received 957 Likes on 799 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Decker
I didn't mind that I missed out on the $6 giveaway, those are hit and miss.
What bothers me is that I spent $8 at VUDU on L.A. Story with the understanding that it came with an email code for a $5 coupon to see La La Land which I was going to see anyways. They did mail me a code, but as it turns out it was only redeemable on a site where you purchase the tickets online, with a service fee. For my family, that service fee more than negated the $5 coupon. In other words, it would have been cheaper to NOT use the coupon and bought my tickets at the box office. That's some bullshit right there. I called to complain but of course nobody ever picked up the phone.
yeah, i was peeved about that too.
Old 12-24-16, 11:59 AM
  #1512  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,699
Received 657 Likes on 455 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Decker
Yes it was. And even if it wasn't, a $5 credit is measly enough that you shouldn't have to even pay a $2 service fee to redeem it....
Well, don't get suckered into one of those deals again.

It's all a matter of perspective. I purchase movie tickets almost exclusively online now, so I don't really view the extra fee as something a promo would have to compensate for. Also, you bought an $8 movie, how much of a movie credit do you expect?

Finally, it looks like there's an app for the movie ticketing service, so even with reserved seats you could've done something like ordering your personal ticket via the app at the same time as getting the other tickets from the box office.
http://www.watchvudu.com/lalaland/
https://www.atomtickets.com/la-la-land

Yes, it's a hassle, but I've found movie theater credits to always be a hassle, which is why I typically don't bother with them.
Old 12-24-16, 12:23 PM
  #1513  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 81,069
Received 1,376 Likes on 937 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

how does that paypal coupon show up and work. i'm doing the half off thing, but when i go to pay with paypal, i'm not seeing discount. does it credit it on the site or something?

edit: oh, i think that can't be combined with half off offer. oh well.
Old 12-24-16, 12:32 PM
  #1514  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,669
Received 6,407 Likes on 4,384 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Deftones
how does that paypal coupon show up and work. i'm doing the half off thing, but when i go to pay with paypal, i'm not seeing discount. does it credit it on the site or something?

edit: oh, i think that can't be combined with half off offer. oh well.
Nope it works once you've saved it to your PayPal account and pay with PayPal. It takes a leap of faith though. You make the purchase and it shows in your PayPal activity. I just bought The BFG and though it said it was $9.99, I was only billed $6.99. It shows up on my VUDU now
Old 12-24-16, 01:01 PM
  #1515  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 81,069
Received 1,376 Likes on 937 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

ah shit. oh well. i bought finding dory. $10 is still great price.
Old 12-24-16, 01:28 PM
  #1516  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,669
Received 6,407 Likes on 4,384 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Deftones
ah shit. oh well. i bought finding dory. $10 is still great price.
It sure was for the Blu Ray + DVD + Digital HD at Target on Black Friday.
Old 12-24-16, 04:12 PM
  #1517  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 49,671
Received 957 Likes on 799 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Decker
That is because that movie has not been released on Blu Ray yet. Right now, it's just a digital exclusive. Once the Blu Ray comes out (1/10/17), your copy should transfer to UV. It's the same as the reason that movie isn't rentable yet.
Ah, perfect. Makes sense. Thanks Deck.
Old 12-25-16, 03:54 AM
  #1518  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6,535
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Breaking Bad is $45 for the entire series.

Had to pick it up..for 6 seasons...thats a good price.
Old 12-25-16, 09:30 AM
  #1519  
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
TheBigDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,448
Received 528 Likes on 376 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Vudu has 60 movies on sale today for $2.99 (HDX).

http://www.vudu.com/movies/#featured.../299-HDX-Deals

There's some great titles like:

Starship Troopers
The Fifth Element
Good Will Hunting
The Hurt Locker
Bridget Jones' Diary
The Boondock Saints
Inside Man
Sinister
Taxi Driver
Hoosiers
The Evil Dead

I grabbed The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivet from director Jean-Pierre Jeunet (Amélie, The City of Lost Children).
Old 12-26-16, 07:55 PM
  #1520  
Senior Member
 
BackStJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 582
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Kedrix
BTW, wanted to mention that I did view some of Incredible Hulk on streaming this weekend. WOW. Seriously, it's obvious that a lot of restoration went into bringing this to digital. They did a really good job and I would venture to say its better than my dvd set (though I'm not ditching it until I get a proper region free Blu-ray set). Ridiculously worth the $4.99 per season.
Thanks for the info...I bit.
Old 12-28-16, 08:42 AM
  #1521  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Kedrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 4,446
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Vudu has 60 movies on sale today for $2.99 (HDX).


I grabbed The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivet from director Jean-Pierre Jeunet (Amélie, The City of Lost Children).
I grabbed the same one. I immensely enjoyed it and my toddler hardly moved at all for the duration but did not go to sleep which means he enjoyed it. My wife thought it was boring unfortunately, oh well

BTW, there are a ton of $4.99 sales right now at VUDU. My recommendation would be to go to http://vudu.uvfor.me/ and filter by 4.99 & up, price drop and HDX to find the titles. Right now I'm eyeing 1408 (Director's Cut), Felony and L.A. Story.

However, I've spent a ton on digital this December so I might hold back.
Old 12-28-16, 11:30 AM
  #1522  
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
TheBigDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,448
Received 528 Likes on 376 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Right now I'm eyeing 1408 (Director's Cut), Felony and L.A. Story.
Head's up on 1408. It's in the wrong aspect ratio. It's 1.85:1 at Vudu and the correct OAR is 2.35:1

Here's a link to the Incorrect Aspect Ratio thread at the official Vudu forum:

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...io-quot-Thread
Old 12-28-16, 11:53 AM
  #1523  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Kedrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 4,446
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Head's up on 1408. It's in the wrong aspect ratio. It's 1.85:1 at Vudu and the correct OAR is 2.35:1

Here's a link to the Incorrect Aspect Ratio thread at the official Vudu forum:

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...io-quot-Thread
Dang nab it, thank you...I hadn't bought it yet. I was looking for one to eliminate anyhow and just nab the 2. Felony and LA Story it is .
Old 12-28-16, 03:57 PM
  #1524  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 36,891
Received 683 Likes on 458 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

One trick I've learned today is that HBO code redemptions can get you at least three different services.

It allows you to choose once between iTunes and GooglePlay, and then another choice between Vudu, Flixter, and one other (cinemaware?). I typically go with vudu and itunes, but on a whim I tried the GooglePlay option after already redeeming the the first two, and it works every time so far.
Old 12-28-16, 08:28 PM
  #1525  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 36,891
Received 683 Likes on 458 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

This was interesting. Had some old LOTR codes. They were only for itunes. Noting on the case or the code sheet said anything about UV or any service besides itunes. Tried them in iTunes, all expired. Tried them in vudu and they worked..

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.