Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Streaming Talk
Reload this Page >

The Fandango at Home (Vudu) Thread - News, Bargains & Codes

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

The Fandango at Home (Vudu) Thread - News, Bargains & Codes

Old 12-28-16, 08:46 PM
  #1526  
Banned by request
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Goodbye and Good Luck
Posts: 17,800
Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Wow, interesting indeed. I got the original sets but they didn't have codes. I did disc to digital and successfully got both theatrical and extended cuts for a $1 each.
Old 12-28-16, 09:27 PM
  #1527  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
IDrinkMolson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: DE
Posts: 5,186
Received 878 Likes on 396 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Trevor
This was interesting. Had some old LOTR codes. They were only for itunes. Noting on the case or the code sheet said anything about UV or any service besides itunes. Tried them in iTunes, all expired. Tried them in vudu and they worked..
This is what I was trying to say here, but no one seem to get it.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/12952749-post1431.html

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Thought I'd throw this in here.
So, one thing led to another and I realized I never redeemed my digital code for Watchmen Ultimate Cut blu-ray. I dug it out, and it was one of those digital copy discs that launched iTunes and and you enter the code there. Well, the only computer with a cd drive was my pc and it needed iTunes updated. So while I waited I figured I'd try the code in VUDU, and it took it! Redeemed for HDX. And, the code insert said it expired in 2010.
I had redeemed the (theatrical) code with the director's cut in iTunes previously but VUDU also took that one!
Don't know if it's a Warner thing or what. I might try to go through some more I have on iTunes only and see if VUDU takes them.
That reminds me, I still haven't gone through any of my iTunes only codes yet.
Old 12-29-16, 12:00 PM
  #1528  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 36,891
Received 684 Likes on 459 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

It's frustrating how wildly inconsistent code redemption is. Just opened up a supposedly iTunes only code sheet for The Jackal. Tried it first at the main UV site and it said already redeemed. Well, that's weird, since I just opened the case, but whatever, as it wasn't supposed to be a UV title anyway. Went to iTunes and it worked fine. On a whim I then tried it again, this time at vudu, and it worked.

Have had similar experiences where a code doesn't work at several UV sites but then works at one not mentioned on the code sheet, Flixter being the best.
Old 12-30-16, 04:44 AM
  #1529  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6,535
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Another 1 day sale...lots of 2016 hit movies. Check it out.

http://www.vudu.com/movies/#featured...16s-Best-Films

I already own most of them....but picked up a couple.
Old 12-30-16, 12:54 PM
  #1530  
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
TheBigDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,472
Received 538 Likes on 384 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

A bunch of 2016 TV Shows are also 50% Off.

http://www.vudu.com/movies/#featured...First-Episodes

I grabbed:

Flash: Season 3 - $22.50
Arrow: Season 5 - $20
Gotham: Season 3 - $20
The People vs OJ Simpson - $12.50
Old 12-31-16, 08:41 AM
  #1531  
Senior Member
 
BackStJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 583
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Thought I'd throw this in here.
So, one thing led to another and I realized I never redeemed my digital code for Watchmen Ultimate Cut blu-ray. I dug it out, and it was one of those digital copy discs that launched iTunes and and you enter the code there. Well, the only computer with a cd drive was my pc and it needed iTunes updated. So while I waited I figured I'd try the code in VUDU, and it took it! Redeemed for HDX. And, the code insert said it expired in 2010.
I had redeemed the (theatrical) code with the director's cut in iTunes previously but VUDU also took that one!
Don't know if it's a Warner thing or what. I might try to go through some more I have on iTunes only and see if VUDU takes them.
Wow...Watchemen worked for me...will have to dig out some others. This would be a lifesaver since I want everything under the Vudu banner.
Old 12-31-16, 10:17 AM
  #1532  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 36,891
Received 684 Likes on 459 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Yep, that old Watchmen Ultimate Cut "iTunes only" and "expired" code worked for me in Vudu last night as well. I still need to go back and try some old codes, but I have a routine now where I try all my codes on pretty much all the services before I give up on them. Very few of the ~300 I entered this week were completely unsuccessful. About the only ones that didn't work at all were old windows media or iTunes codes that were before the advent of UV.
Old 12-31-16, 10:55 AM
  #1533  
TOTY Winner 2018 and Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 50,049
Received 1,012 Likes on 846 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

i still don't understand what this Extras + is with some movies. is that viewable through Vudu on TV or only online? why aren't they all just Vudu Extras with easy access when film is done?
Old 12-31-16, 11:30 AM
  #1534  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 77,908
Received 6,665 Likes on 4,552 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Thanks. I redeemed my old Theatrical copy of Watchmen.
I have an expired iTunes copy of A Clockwork Orange but can't redeem it since Vudu doesn't have an option for that movie on their redemption page as far as I can tell.
Old 12-31-16, 12:36 PM
  #1535  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,729
Received 664 Likes on 461 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by OldBoy
i still don't understand what this Extras + is with some movies. is that viewable through Vudu on TV or only online? why aren't they all just Vudu Extras with easy access when film is done?
Dude, it's only been like a month:
Originally Posted by OldBoy
What is this "Extras +" thing with some Vudu movies? i can't access them from the site when i view a movie like "Vudu Extras". can you only access them via online?
Originally Posted by Jay G.
It's an "enhanced" version of Vudu Extras on select titles:
http://blog.vudu.com/?p=10276
http://blog.vudu.com/?p=10895

Here's a list of titles:
http://www.vudu.com/movies/#featured/6096/Extras-Plus
Yes, they're only viewable via the website, and no, they don't come up on most (any?) apps. Vudu is in the process of converting them to "regular" extras viewable in the apps.

The reason Vudu Extras+ exists is simply it was something new they were trying out, but it doesn't appear to have been that successful.
Old 01-01-17, 10:32 AM
  #1536  
Banned by request
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Goodbye and Good Luck
Posts: 17,800
Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

It's a horrible layout, and I watch 0% through the website. I only use the app through my TV's..

Last edited by E Unit; 01-01-17 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-01-17, 12:19 PM
  #1537  
TOTY Winner 2018 and Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 50,049
Received 1,012 Likes on 846 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Jay G.
The reason Vudu Extras+ exists is simply it was something new they were trying out, but it doesn't appear to have been that successful.
how do you know the Vudu Extras is not successful? i love having them there. makes me not need to own every bluray now. a lot mirror bluray exactly, minus commentaries...
Old 01-01-17, 01:38 PM
  #1538  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,729
Received 664 Likes on 461 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by OldBoy
how do you know the Vudu Extras is not successful?
I didn't say that Vudu Extras aren't successful, I'm saying Extras+ was unsuccessful.

That said, it looks like new titles are being released with this feature (e.g. Suicide Squad and Sausage Party), and they just added Extras+ to the Android and iOS app, so maybe it's not so much unsuccessful as it has had an awkward start:
http://blog.vudu.com/?p=12001
Old 01-02-17, 02:54 AM
  #1539  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6,535
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

I'm not downloading an app for my phone to watch extras. Sorry VUDU. Great service...but no thanks on that.

Maybe my iPad...but even thats a stretch.
Old 01-03-17, 05:10 PM
  #1540  
TOTY Winner 2018 and Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 50,049
Received 1,012 Likes on 846 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Anyone know why Vudu would limit your watchlist? It seems mine max's out at 20. I like to keep them there when I think of ones I want to watch in the future. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-03-17, 06:35 PM
  #1541  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Sunny Hawaii
Posts: 8,204
Received 483 Likes on 328 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Trevor
Yep, that old Watchmen Ultimate Cut "iTunes only" and "expired" code worked for me in Vudu last night as well. I still need to go back and try some old codes, but I have a routine now where I try all my codes on pretty much all the services before I give up on them. Very few of the ~300 I entered this week were completely unsuccessful. About the only ones that didn't work at all were old windows media or iTunes codes that were before the advent of UV.
Interesting. Good thing I keep photos of all of my digital copy slips before trashing them. I'll have to go back through some of the old iTunes only ones and see if I can get a double redemption through UV.
Old 01-03-17, 06:38 PM
  #1542  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 77,908
Received 6,665 Likes on 4,552 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by TheBang
Interesting. Good thing I keep photos of all of my digital copy slips before trashing them. I'll have to go back through some of the old iTunes only ones and see if I can get a double redemption through UV.
FWIW : I tried my old, redeemed iTunes codes for the LOTR Extended trilogy on VUDU. They did not work.
Old 01-04-17, 12:58 PM
  #1543  
TOTY Winner 2018 and Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 50,049
Received 1,012 Likes on 846 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Anyone know why Vudu would limit your watchlist? It seems mine max's out at 20. I like to keep them there when I think of ones I want to watch in the future. Thanks in advance.
anyone notice this and is there something that can be done?
Old 01-04-17, 01:10 PM
  #1544  
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
TheBigDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,472
Received 538 Likes on 384 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by OldBoy
anyone notice this and is there something that can be done?
Maybe ask at the Vudu forum. They might have some info/ideas:

https://forum.vudu.com/forum.php
Old 01-04-17, 01:12 PM
  #1545  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,729
Received 664 Likes on 461 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

I just added a bunch of crap to my wishlist to test, and I'm up to 37 items:
http://www.vudu.com/movies/#my_vudu/my_wishlist

If you can't see more than 20 on your TV's Vudu app, it's because the app for your TV sucks.
Old 01-04-17, 01:24 PM
  #1546  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 77,908
Received 6,665 Likes on 4,552 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Jay G.
I just added a bunch of crap to my wishlist to test, and I'm up to 37 items:
http://www.vudu.com/movies/#my_vudu/my_wishlist

If you can't see more than 20 on your TV's Vudu app, it's because the app for your TV sucks.
Wishlist ≠ Watchlist
Old 01-04-17, 01:30 PM
  #1547  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,729
Received 664 Likes on 461 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Decker
Wishlist ≠ Watchlist
Vudu doesn't have a watchlist. From OldBoy's description of "ones I want to watch in the future," I assumed he was getting Amazon's watchlist confused with Vudu's wishlist.

Unless you can point to the watchlist feature in Vudu.
Old 01-04-17, 01:43 PM
  #1548  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 77,908
Received 6,665 Likes on 4,552 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

I don't have it on the website, but on my Roku app, there is a Resume Watching tab with several movies on it. Usually just 3-4 movies though.
Old 01-04-17, 01:59 PM
  #1549  
TOTY Winner 2018 and Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 50,049
Received 1,012 Likes on 846 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

not my wishlist, i have a ton on that. i'm talking the watchlist section. i usually start a minute or so of a movie and it populates the watchlist. i called and they said the max is 20. i was just wondering. oh well.
Old 01-04-17, 02:38 PM
  #1550  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,729
Received 664 Likes on 461 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by OldBoy
not my wishlist, i have a ton on that. i'm talking the watchlist section. i usually start a minute or so of a movie and it populates the watchlist. i called and they said the max is 20. i was just wondering. oh well.
Yeah, that's really not what that list is intended for. It's more for resuming a title you stopped partway through to go to bed, or switch to a different device, etc. The vast majority of households aren't going to be juggling between more than 3-4 unfinished titles at a time, let alone 20.

Vudu is expecting you do use "My Movies" to look for movies you own that you want to watch.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.