Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Express.com Gone?!?!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Express.com Gone?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-01, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by apowers
.....So keep down talking Express, and another e-tailer will bite the dust, and then another until they are all gone. Then Blockbuster will win in their attempt to have sell through DVD's held up until after the rental market has subsided and we will not be able to own anymore DVD's we will have to rent them....
Is this guy for real? Trust Me, Some one will always be there to sell you your DVD's. Why? Cause you are there to buy them. It's the american way..

(fade out with stars and stripes flying and God bless America playing softly in the background)
Old 04-12-01, 03:24 PM

Where is the outrage with these guys?
I ordered LOA in January. Suddenly they are doing a server upgrade & tell me on the phone that although no one can see any order, it is still being processed. I said if my order is still being shipped, then SOMEONE is seeing the order. Wasted breath, I get this reply today:

Dear EXPRESS.COM Customer,

EXPRESS.COM recently upgraded our computer system. Unfortunately, we were not able to convert orders placed prior to February 28, 2001 to the new system. We regret any inconvenience this might cause you.

Please note you are never charged for any items that do not ship. If you wish, you may place a new order at your convenience.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

http://www.express.com

Ha! I was getting LOA for $6 because it was a preorder & I was using a $25 gift certificate. How am I going to get that price now?? I am waiting on their answer to how I get my $25 gift certificate back, that's the only way I will consider doing business with them again.
Old 04-12-01, 06:33 PM

Server upgrade, my a$$...

Originally posted by ClayDVD
Suddenly they are doing a server upgrade...
I got one of these emails, too. I had the Killing Fields on order with a $5 coupon applied. The total charge was less than $13. I knew it would never come, so I pre-ordered it at CDNow over a month ago with the Discover 15% + 15% coupon.

First, I am sorry you got screwed. Good luck.

Second, do you believe any serious retailer would lose orders during a system upgrade? It's just an excuse to get rid of orders that were unprofitable.

I say, someone put them out out of their misery.

Express.com

Old 04-13-01, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=100119

It looks like they eliminated almost all the staff.

Do Not Order From Them!!!!!!

see the above link about this.
Old 04-13-01, 05:46 AM

I eagerly anticipate the next response from the guy (grandmother of express.com founder?) telling us we're bad, bad people for cautioning customers away from a place that doesn't fill orders, gladly takes preorders on items it'll never send, "loses" orders, and if you go to newsaskew.com, you'll see further confirmation that it'll be a cold day in hell before anyone who ordered "A Better Place" from them will see it from them...definitely keep a close eye on the viewaskew/newsaskew sites if you want it with the autograph, etc., they're talking that they might sell it directly through viewaskew....I don't "hate" Express.com, but I feel we're really playing the role of Consumer Reports here...I got burned on 2 orders, why make others get burned...
Old 04-13-01, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i was burned by them too - i preordered some stuff with a 50 dollar GC, and due to the server upgrade, they deleted my preorders AND MY GC! I would never ever order from this company. I hope they go out of business. Good riddance to terrible customer support!
Old 04-13-01, 09:52 AM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by DrJag
i was burned by them too - i preordered some stuff with a 50 dollar GC, and due to the server upgrade, they deleted my preorders AND MY GC! I would never ever order from this company. I hope they go out of business. Good riddance to terrible customer support!
I understand your frustation but why do you hope they go out of business? Think about the employees who get fired. Just don't ever order from them again is your best revenge.
Old 04-13-01, 02:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by exm

I understand your frustation but why do you hope they go out of business? Think about the employees who get fired. Just don't ever order from them again is your best revenge.
[/B]
They already fired most of their employees. Now it's probably just a few grunts and the top management. http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=100119
Old 04-13-01, 08:26 PM

Papaska (who must be republican) wrote:

Is this guy for real? Trust Me, Some one will always be there to sell you your DVD's. Why? Cause you are there to buy them. It's the american way..

(fade out with stars and stripes flying and God bless America playing softly in the background)

Yes, I am for real, and yes Blockbuster has already petitioned the studios to hold up the sell through DVD's so that they can cash in on the rental market. While it is true that there will always be "someone there to sell them to us" (the American Way) they will be priced at $79.95 (which is also the American way) until the rental market subsides. Please make sure that you understand a free market economy and how businesses truly work before you start criticizing. I can remember not to long ago that all of the Big Hits on VHS started out at a high price when they first hit the market, and were not available at $24.95 until quite a few months later. Trust me, the fewer places that sell DVD's the higher the prices and the harder it will be to fight off Blockbuster(They carry alot of clout in the industry).

Born in the USA by Bruce Springstenn can now be heard in the background!!!!
Old 04-17-01, 05:11 AM
Banned

Hi

So what's up with Express ? right now I can't even get into "My Account" to check for the order which was placed 2 weeks ago !!! this is going to be the 3rd order screwed up by them.

I have just created an account with dvdempire.com just waiting for a reply from express about my last 2 pre-order/backorder how is the service with dvdempire ? are most of the dvds in stock ? no delays ?

Old 04-17-01, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Dexter
Hi

So what's up with Express ? right now I can't even get into "My Account" to check for the order which was placed 2 weeks ago !!! this is going to be the 3rd order screwed up by them.

I have just created an account with dvdempire.com just waiting for a reply from express about my last 2 pre-order/backorder how is the service with dvdempire ? are most of the dvds in stock ? no delays ?

DVD Empire is probably the best online retailer for DVDs right now. They have stock and ship quickly. Haven't had any problems with them at all.