Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Express.com Gone?!?!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Express.com Gone?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-01, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just tried to check on an order at express.com and I am getting an internal error. Their web page cannot be reached. Anyone else running into this problem or is it just my computer. If others are having problems, this may be the end of express.com.

Ty
Old 04-03-01, 01:57 AM

Originally posted by tyear8299
Just tried to check on an order at express.com and I am getting an internal error. Their web page cannot be reached. Anyone else running into this problem or is it just my computer. If others are having problems, this may be the end of express.com.

Ty

Nope. Still there for now. Brought it up fine and navigated around a little.

Paul
Old 04-03-01, 07:00 AM

express gone?

I think you might be right. I tried to reach their site last night without luck. Tried again this morning, same thing, error connecting.

My last shipment from them was March 22. This was for an item ordered Feb 22.

Parker
Old 04-03-01, 10:58 AM

SOunds like you two are having browser problems!
Old 04-03-01, 12:11 PM

i can't get on either...and my browser works fine...weird
Old 04-03-01, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm getting "Unknown host specified: www2.express.com, (Authoritative host not found)" errors trying to access it through my company's firewall.

It seems to be definitely down right now. I suppose we'll have to wait a few days to see if it's actually "gone". For all we know, it may just be down for maintenance or something. However, given their recent financial woes...
Old 04-03-01, 12:48 PM

Weird! I click on the link in DVDTalk, type in the URL, use a desktop shortcut, and a link in My Favorites with no problems.
Old 04-03-01, 02:20 PM

Paulel, what browser are you using...its just that i cant get on to express.com even from dvdtalk's link...i am having no problems with any other site except for express, and i am getting worried about my order...anyone else able to get to their page?
Old 04-03-01, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They're still there for me... just checked.
Old 04-03-01, 03:56 PM

its up now...that was strange...
Old 04-03-01, 04:49 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Looks like they're going through a system upgrade.
Old 04-03-01, 07:30 PM

Originally posted by BillaRockStar
Paulel, what browser are you using...its just that i cant get on to express.com even from dvdtalk's link...i am having no problems with any other site except for express, and i am getting worried about my order...anyone else able to get to their page?
IE5.5 over a cable modem.
Old 04-03-01, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

no problems for me
Old 04-04-01, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well... be careful ordering from them. I read in another thread that they are filing for Chapter 11.
Old 04-04-01, 08:52 AM

For the last 9 months everyone has been dooming express. Please let them go out and their own, and don't give them any help. When you attempt to go to their site and you get a Thank -you for your business but we are no longer in operation message, then you can announce it. Until then, quit spreading false rumors.

PS: Companies that file Chapter 11 stay in business by the way.
Old 04-04-01, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok... then I apologize for offending you. It was not my intentions to be "spreading false rumors".
Old 04-06-01, 11:59 AM

Originally posted by apowers

They may stay in business, but they don't ship DVD's. I preordered "Remember the Titans" from them and still haven't recieved it. I finally cancelled yesterday, after talking to a CSR. She said because of the chapter 11 their suppliers were not shipping them the product. It could be a line of B.S. or a false rumor SHE heard, but I have yet to own "Remember the Titans"
Old 04-06-01, 10:24 PM

Express is shipping a few items, but no supplier is shipping them anything unless it's prepaid. Kind of puts a crimp in the ol cash flow situation. Also some companies that are in Chapter 11 stay in business but not if supplier's refuse to ship them product.

Not getting paid for merchandise kind of annoys them.
Old 04-07-01, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

FWIW - I ordered a T-Shirt from them on 3/26 and received it 4 days later. (USPS)
Old 04-07-01, 12:32 AM
Banned

It worked fine for me!! maybe you have browser problems!?
Old 04-07-01, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
For the last 9 months everyone has been dooming express. Please let them go out and their own, and don't give them any help. When you attempt to go to their site and you get a Thank -you for your business but we are no longer in operation message, then you can announce it. Until then, quit spreading false rumors.

because for the last 9 months they have had an increasing problem getting discs. This has ended with them not shipping any new release discs for awhile. now they are in chapter 11. no supplier is going to ship them anything unless they pay them cash in advance. So If I was giving members advice then I would say stay away from them for anything but in stock Dvd's.

I also would just stay away for any Dvd's since if one is lost in the mail what are the odds they will replace it- slim to none.

The advantage of this site apowers is that we are all free to express our opinions about websites. If you disagree great ignore us.

However we will continue to say what we want. You can feel free to call them false rumors if you want. they have proved true so far haven't they
Old 04-07-01, 06:46 PM

Yes we are all allowed to have opinions, and that should include me as well. Express is NOT out of business, nor do they have any plans of going out of business. If your "rumors were so correct, why didn't they gp out of business 8 months ago when you guys started crying that they were. People were crying not to long ago that Amazon was going out of business as well and guess what, more that a year later and they are still here. This reminds me of the GOP and George Bush. If you talk down the economy for 8 months, how can you expect anyone to have confidence in the economy, and guess what, "W" is getting his recession. So keep down talking Express, and another e-tailer will bite the dust, and then another until they are all gone. Then Blockbuster will win in their attempt to have sell through DVD's held up until after the rental market has subsided and we will not be able to own anymore DVD's we will have to rent them. You guys go ahead and keep biting the hand that feeds you, and the other hand is going to come around and knock you on your A$$. (B&M stores will not be able to fight Blockbuster on their own. Not to mention when the e-tailers are gone Bestbuy and the others will raise their prices.)

PS: Freedom of speech and opinions works both ways, In case you had not realized that yet. Feel free to ignore mine as I do yours most of them time. Having a high number of posts does not make you an expert, it just says that you have a lot of free time on your hand.
Old 04-07-01, 08:00 PM

Pretty redundant.

What do you call a store that is pretty much empty, please check their instock items.

That has laid off substantial numbers of employees, please check F***edcompany.com.

Whose Major shareholder has written off their entire holdings of Express, please refer to Yahoo.com, financial news.

What do you call that store?

Old 04-07-01, 08:31 PM

this express groupie/apologist doesn't make any sense...at any point, regardless of Amazon "rumours," I could go to amazon, order a disc, and it comes...EXPRESS ARE THE BAD GUYS, they have a site that told us all to keep preordering, no problem, I preordered "Bring it On," "Lawrence of Arabia" and guess what....they NEVER CAME. I'm going to tell everybody and their sister that EXPRESS IS DEAD AND USELESS and misleads people everyday by taking preorders despite the fact they haven't had a single new disc added to their stock in 2 months...your Amazon parallel is senseless, do a search, several people got F***** because they preordered THE ROCK CC from Express, sure enough, it never came, and they had to reorder after the street date at a substantially higher price....if they ordered it from Amazon, rumor or no, it would've come....Express is a joke, and a bad one, because they're the ones who misled people with their website, we're the ones who are telling people DON'T GO NEAR THEM, and don't tell me I'm full of it, because I personally had 2preorders that EVERY OTHER STORE IN THE UNIVERSE THAT IS SOLVENT has in stock, and which I ultimately bought elsewhere...
Old 04-08-01, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yes we are all allowed to have opinions, and that should include me as well. Express is NOT out of business, nor do they have any plans of going out of business. If your "rumors were so correct, why didn't they gp out of business 8 months ago when you guys started crying that they were. People were crying not to long ago that Amazon was going out of business as well and guess what, more that a year later and they are still here. This reminds me of the GOP and George Bush. If you talk down the economy for 8 months, how can you expect anyone to have confidence in the economy, and guess what, "W" is getting his recession. So keep down talking Express, and another e-tailer will bite the dust, and then another until they are all gone. Then Blockbuster will win in their attempt to have sell through DVD's held up until after the rental market has subsided and we will not be able to own anymore DVD's we will have to rent them. You guys go ahead and keep biting the hand that feeds you, and the other hand is going to come around and knock you on your A$$. (B&M stores will not be able to fight Blockbuster on their own. Not to mention when the e-tailers are gone Bestbuy and the others will raise their prices.)

PS: Freedom of speech and opinions works both ways, In case you had not realized that yet. Feel free to ignore mine as I do yours most of them time. Having a high number of posts does not make you an expert, it just says that you have a lot of free time on your hand.
where did i say that you were not entitled to your opinion. You were the one telling people to stop posting these rumors. I was just stating that if you did not like them feel free to ignore them. I believe that facts about a company's inability to ship discs is very important for people buying Dvd's to know about. I guess you do not.

I am sorry that it bothers you that i spend some of my free time posting on this website and as a result have a higher post count than you. I do the best I can to help people when I am able to with my posting. I also have fun with friends who are also members of Dvdtalk in the Other Forum.

How can we help express.com?

Buy Dvd's that they will not ship. They only have the product that is already sitting in their warehouse. they do not get any new releases and have not for quite some time. What should we do. ignore the problems and tell people they are a great company and feel free to buy Dvd's that are preorders from this site.

Dvdtalk is not a site to help companies it is a site to help consumers get the best price on Dvd's as well as talk about them.

Apowers- have some fun and do not take things so seriously. You seem to feel that it is our fault that these companies are going out of business. The talk a number of months back was that express.com was not shipping discs on time or at all. This is still a problem.

[Edited by gcribbs on 04-08-01 at 12:44 PM]

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.