Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

eBay and Feedback

Old 03-06-19, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: eBay and Feedback

Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
If the package gets inspected and you get dinged with postage due, definitely file a complaint for that (I had to do that once). Shipping at a slower class of mail than indicated in the auction is against eBay's terms, but so long as the package successfully arrives, there's not too much you can do (since it was free shipping). You could ask for a partial refund for the inconvenience, but there's probably not a way to force a monetary compensation. What you should do, however, is leave negative feedback. If he exceeded his stated handling time (and at 8 days, he probably did), mention that, and also mention shipping at the slower class of mail.

There's actually a https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/ebay-stores/managing-ebay-store/account-holiday?id=4090]vacation setting that you can use (instead of adjusting your handling time), so that people will know orders will not be processed until your return date.
With the vacation setting, no one can purchase your items until you get back. I used to use this option, but then I realized I could just bulk change the handling time and not lose that many sales while I'm away. When I had the vaction setting on, I would get tons of messages from potential buyers asking me when my items would be available for purchase. some of my items were unique nd can't be purchased elsewhere, but many are carried by other sellers, so I'd rather not lose those sales if I didn't have to. It was much easier to just leave it running with the slower handling time.
Old 03-07-19, 10:56 AM

Going on 24+ hours and tracking still indicates that the label was simply created. I know it's not a matter of the seller being away from his account since he was pretty active while I was submitting my best offers for the shirt. He's also been selling since 2010 according to his profile so he's definitely not new to this. One of his most recent feedback ratings was from two weeks ago and it was negative (his only negative), and it looks like somebody else had an issue with not getting their item within the delivery window.
Old 03-07-19, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by rjh_54 View Post
Going on 24+ hours and tracking still indicates that the label was simply created. I know it's not a matter of the seller being away from his account since he was pretty active while I was submitting my best offers for the shirt. He's also been selling since 2010 according to his profile so he's definitely not new to this. One of his most recent feedback ratings was from two weeks ago and it was negative (his only negative), and it looks like somebody else had an issue with not getting their item within the delivery window.
'm

How busy a seller is it? Does he have hundreds of items for sale or just a few? I would wonder if he just can't locate where he put the item you bought and just generated a shipping label to comply with Ebay's seller expected shipping times. If this is the case that would explain why he generated a Media Mail shipping label because that would be the cheapest cost to eat. He may just be waiting for you to contact him, then he could say, "Oh it must be lost. I'll just issue you a refund for what you paid". I've had a few sellers that I've suspected of doing this to me. I would send him a message and see what he says If you don't say anything, he may not know there is an issue.
Old 03-07-19, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by movieguru View Post
How busy a seller is it? Does he have hundreds of items for sale or just a few? I would wonder if he just can't locate where he put the item you bought and just generated a shipping label to comply with Ebay's seller expected shipping times. If this is the case that would explain why he generated a Media Mail shipping label because that would be the cheapest cost to eat. He may just be waiting for you to contact him, then he could say, "Oh it must be lost. I'll just issue you a refund for what you paid". I've had a few sellers that I've suspected of doing this to me. I would send him a message and see what he says If you don't say anything, he may not know there is an issue.
He only has a few items up for sale, so I went ahead and messaged him. He was "only able to get it out yesterday because of some personal reasons" (despite tracking still showing the label was simply created). He also claims that my offer price was too low for him to be making profit on the shirt (a whopping $3 off of his asking price). So yeah, this guy knows what he's doing.