Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

eBay and Feedback

Old 02-02-19, 06:35 PM

Re: eBay and Feedback

Just open a claim with eBay. They'll refund you quick. Mention how the sellers feedback is taking a nosedive and they are scamming people.
Old 02-02-19, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
So I could use an opinion on a recent transaction I had on Ebay.

I bought a 1980s replica Optimus Prime Transformers toy in December (29th) from an Ebay seller in China.
Thatís the problem.

You need to be very wary of buying anything from China. Chances are itís going to be a counterfeit item or a scam of some kind, even if the seller has good feedback.
Old 02-02-19, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Give it a little time. Feedback can be weird. One nervous buyer leaves a negative and it snowballs from there.

Those chinese packages ages are weird to. Sometimes they ship in delayed containers and it takes a long time.

Youll be covered by eBay if the seller does not deliver via tracking number.
Old 02-09-19, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Update: Never received the item and the tracking number that was given was apparently fake.

Ebay reviewed my case after I submitted my claim on the 8th and they are giving me a refund. Thank goodness.

Meanwhile, the seller now has 70+ fraud cases in the past month. Unbelievable how a once reliable seller took the money and ran.
Old 02-09-19, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not surprised. Small businesses get in desperate positions and do that. Iíve personally seen it happen a lot.
Old 02-09-19, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

eBay will eat a refund if it canít be covered by the sellers PayPal balance. It will generate a deduction on the sellers account balance. And the seller will never pay that balance.

Ebay didnít used to do that for buyers. Iíve been screwed out of money before. In the old days, if PayPal couldnít take the balance from the seller they would tell the buyer too bad. Their protections are a joke.
Old 02-11-19, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
eBay will eat a refund if it canít be covered by the sellers PayPal balance. It will generate a deduction on the sellers account balance. And the seller will never pay that balance.

Ebay didnít used to do that for buyers. Iíve been screwed out of money before. In the old days, if PayPal couldnít take the balance from the seller they would tell the buyer too bad. Their protections are a joke.
PayPal has comparable protections for purchases as eBay (for outside eBay transactions). I remember the old days you describe where they might only give you a partial refund if they can't recover enough funds from the fraudster's account. That has not been the case anymore for about 17 years or so now. As a buyer you have strong protections and will get all of your money back guaranteed.
Old 02-11-19, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post

Thatís the problem.

You need to be very wary of buying anything from China. Chances are itís going to be a counterfeit item or a scam of some kind, even if the seller has good feedback.
Pro tip for the users willing to purchase items from Chinese sellers on eBay:

Use Alibaba. Virtually all of the Chinese sellers on eBay sell the same goods cheaper on Alibaba. Alibaba is basically a Chinese eBay made for foreign customers that speak English.

https://www.alibaba.com/

Old 02-11-19, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

One time I ordered a few fabric watch belts from a ebayer in China. When I received them they weren't as described. Very horrible quality. I gave the seller 4 negatives. The seller refunded me the money. Ebay then suspended my account for 15 days. The reason was because seller refunded me without doing it through ebay case? Or the swarm of negatives I gave his/her record. He/she had tons of negatives from other upset buyers.

I don't buy from China on eBay no more. Not worth the hassle.