Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

When was this change made on Best Buy Reward Zone?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

When was this change made on Best Buy Reward Zone?

Old 01-19-15, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 126 Posts
Re: When was this change made on Best Buy Reward Zone?

I noticed this change when buying a new fridge in Dec 2013. I had been 100% certain to purchase it from Best Buy, but the change made me shop around. Turns out, HH Gregg's card had a very similar program, except that they offered the percentage off upfront instead of as points towards a future discount, and it still combined with their financing offer. The fridge I wanted was the same price at both stores, but I saved a couple hundred bucks by purchasing from them instead of Best Buy. I find it just about always pays to search around instead of just defaulting to buying from a place due to 'loyalty' from prior experiences, especially with larger ticket items.
Old 01-21-15, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Re: When was this change made on Best Buy Reward Zone?

Best Buy has always offered points which are then added to your Best Buy account in the future for a certain dollar amount off your next purchase, redeemable via RZ Certificates. I've never had an instant dollar amount taken off any purchase in the many years I've had a Best Buy account.

In any case, Best Buy's program seems to be winding down and crawling/slithering away.