Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon Shipping Charges 10x for 10 items to same address??

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon Shipping Charges 10x for 10 items to same address??

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-11, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Re: Amazon Shipping Charges 10x for 10 items to same address??

Well, all you gotta do now is find somewhere you can get them shipped for less than $130 and you are ahead of the game.
Old 02-22-11, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by foxdvd
2: Condoms....

1: pregnancy test... especially if seller refuses to cut you a deal on shipping when you buy 10 or more..
If you buy a large quantity of condoms, you shouldn't be needing very many pregnancy tests... Unless you piss off the seller and he pokes holes in all of the condoms...
Old 02-28-11, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kintnerboy
I sell on Amazon, and if someone emailed me wanting a discount on a bulk order, I would tell them to go pound salt.

Why would anyone want 10 of anything, except to take advantage of a low-ball price and re-sell them, or run some kind of refund scam at another store? (and don't say they're gifts).

In the case of low-ballers, the shipping charges are all the profit the seller will make. No sympathy here.

And anyone complaining about not getting something for nothing is not a customer I'd want, anyway. Not worth risking negative feedback or a refund trying to please someone who can't be pleased.

I just placed a order for 20lbs of Vanilla Beans, 1lb Saffron, and 10lbs of Fleur De Sel. Why not from Amazon people do buy a number of items at once. Not everyone is re-selling them. I guess you could say I am re-selling them but I used them in food and sell the food. I'm sure people do this, taking things back to other stores.

I have a really hate on for high shipping costs. Not the cost of the items just the cost of shipping. Any seller that charged to much shipping Amazon or not I just do not order from. Years ago we/I would email the seller (Amazon) if the lower it I would buy if not I would not. Its all up to the buyer, the hell with the seller who really cares about them. Really it's all about making money if you have the go to hell toot. Well...

FYI, I add the cost of the shipping to the cost of the item, then add the cost of getting the item (if they ship by US Mail), to get the items full cost.