Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

I hate amazon.com customer reviews

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

I hate amazon.com customer reviews

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-10, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: I hate amazon.com customer reviews

Amazon sucks. It used to be a cool place to buy media, but once they started with the reviews, it's steadily gone downhill.

Have you noticed these "forums" at the bottom of most pages where people just post whatever random shit pops into their heads? Stuff about tattoos, dating, politics.....all this on a freaking retail site.

Come on Amazon, clean up your act!
Old 09-17-10, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,764 Likes on 1,906 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Amazon sucks. It used to be a cool place to buy media, but once they started with the reviews, it's steadily gone downhill.

Have you noticed these "forums" at the bottom of most pages where people just post whatever random shit pops into their heads? Stuff about tattoos, dating, politics.....all this on a freaking retail site.

Come on Amazon, clean up your act!
Yeah, the "forum" thing is absolutely fucking retarded. I just want to buy books, I don't want to hear some maniac ranting about Nancy Pelosi.

In fact, I think all of these comments sections should be done away with on sites like Amazon or newspapers. It seems like these popular sites attract the lowest common denominators, freaks, losers, and trolls. And it really reflects poorly on the host websites. I can imagine an Onion article that begins "Yesterday afternoon someone finally posted an insightful comment to a Yahoo! news article yesterday."
Old 09-17-10, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The forums for their deal of the day sometimes has worth while information if it pertains to the sales of the day. But that's about all I check out...though I do find their Doctor Who fans on there and the Dr Who forum decent.