Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon sent by LaserShip (WHAT the hell is it?)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon sent by LaserShip (WHAT the hell is it?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-10, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Amazon sent by LaserShip (WHAT the hell is it?)

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Thursday night, 8:20 PM EST. Still no God Damn package. Can you fucking believe this???
You should call Amazon and demand they ship a replacement copy by 2-day shipping immediately.
Old 09-16-10, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

I did. On Wed night. They said they were shipping out another BD right away. But I didn't get an e-mail until today (Thursday) that it went out. And would receive tomorrow. This is the worst online purchase I've ever had.
Old 09-23-10, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the same issue that Daytripper had. Prestige has marked a package as delivered and it hasn't been. Amazon customer service was very unhelpful. 4 years of prime and you would think a business would want to keep a longtime customer happy. Won't renew prime since Amazon doesn't seem interested in my business. These cost-cutting measures employed by Amazon will catch up to them at some point.

Last edited by Jtheo; 09-23-10 at 06:01 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-10-10, 08:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jtheo
I am having the same issue that Daytripper had. Prestige has marked a package as delivered and it hasn't been. Amazon customer service was very unhelpful. 4 years of prime and you would think a business would want to keep a longtime customer happy. Won't renew prime since Amazon doesn't seem interested in my business. These cost-cutting measures employed by Amazon will catch up to them at some point.
Yep. Mine expired last week. Now I have to try to spend $25 at a time and put up with slow shipping if I want to cut costs this holiday season. That, and I might need a bigger mailbox. I miss my UPS 2-day.
Old 10-11-10, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I made 3 orders over the weekend using my Prime trial through Amazon Mom. All Blu-rays. The first two orders were made less than an hour apart and went into shipping soon phase immediately. The 3rd order was made several hours later and took a little longer to go to Shipping soon.

All three orders were shipped through UPS. The first two shipped from Philadelphia, while the third (which was actually the same item as the second order as I bought one for a friend) shipped from Phoenix (I'm in California).

According to Amazon I'll get the 3rd order today and the first two on Tuesday. Now that I look closer, the first two orders have the same tracking number, so they must have combined the shipments.

It's a shame that some people have to deal with crappy shipping, but I've been fortunate. Hopefully my luck will still be there in 2 weeks for my WWE SmackDown Vs. Raw 2011 pre-order with Release Day Shipping...
Old 10-21-10, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I seem to be having the same problem that Daytripper is having. My copy of Psycho was supposed to arrive on Tuesday, and now it's Thursday. The tracking system isn't showing that it was delivered, so I've no idea what's going on. I tried emailing Lasershit and their site is worthless. It said it couldn't find that order, even though it had already pulled up the tracking information for me. WTF? If it's not there when I get home, I'm contacting Amazon. Rubbish...
Old 10-21-10, 11:00 AM

Received 1,914 Likes on 1,128 Posts

Wow, that's all a bummer. I've always received my two-day shipping within two days. Hopefully we're not all in for a downslide of service.
Old 10-21-10, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've also never had the misfortune of having LaserShip deliver my AmazonPrime shipments. UPS may ding up some boxes when they throw them on my porch, but at least they're always on time.
Old 10-21-10, 11:36 PM
Banned

Do Amazon and Best Buy share the same fulfillment centers?
Old 10-22-10, 12:39 AM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My prime orders have started to come via Prestige and I've been getting them anywhere between 2-5 days, I've contacted Amazon and they reply "Please wait until (insert date) and contact us again"
Old 10-22-10, 01:10 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

So, I've had a package from Prestige in my city for 3 days now (6 days after Amazon shipped it) - I got 2 packages from Prestige today and it turns out to be packages that were shipped out from Amazon 3 days ago, but the package thats been in my city for 3 days still have not arrived.
Old 10-26-10, 04:18 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

so 10 days since my Prestige order has been in my city, still no package, but I've got 5 other packages from them. Amazon, for the first time in 5 years, gave me bad customer service, the woman told me since one of the items was a special edition (the special edition was the cheapest DVD/Blu-Ray of the order) that I had to wait extra time length before they will re-ship or refund my money. The special edition statement was probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Another package from Prestige, that was supposed to be delivered 2 days ago is now also missing, which has 7 blu-rays in it....

awesome!
Old 10-26-10, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So, I waited a few extra days for Psycho on Blu-ray to come. I was patient, cause I'm in no rush, and they gave me a $5 promo for my troubles. I was patient until today. Still no change in the tracking history, apparently Lasership never received it from Amazon, so it's just in limbo. After raising some very polite hell with Amazon, they're overnighting me another copy. Friggin' Lasershiz. Though for what it's worth, this is the only problem I've had with them so far...
Old 10-26-10, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Shipping problems have a lot to do with where you live and the quality of the local employees. Luckily in the last month I've received 3 shipments via Lasership all within 2 days of shipping without issue, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 10-27-10, 07:40 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Glad I never bothered with Prime. Hard to believe Amazon would make you pay extra for sub-standard shipping, seems like a weird way to get shit on. -kd5-
Old 10-28-10, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I started this thread & LaserShip just fucked me over again. The old fart dropped off my BTTF blu ray box set at the door (in a large apartment complex) & it was stolen before I ever knew he'd left it. Thank God Amazon is reshipping it by next day air. Hopefully it'll be FedEx. Got a hefty price for the digital copies which'll cover over 2/3 of the price of the box set & nearly died when I found out I wouldn't get it today. Luckily Amazon has great customer service (just wish they'd stop using LaserShip).

High bidder retracted his bid of $33 saying I changed the description of the item (funny thing is the auction has never been revised). Looks like I'll be getting $8.50 less than I thought I was for the digital copies. Reported the bastard to ebay (like they'll do anything).

Last edited by Mr.Briggs; 10-28-10 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-29-10, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
Well, I started this thread & LaserShip just fucked me over again. The old fart dropped off my BTTF blu ray box set at the door (in a large apartment complex) & it was stolen before I ever knew he'd left it. Thank God Amazon is reshipping it by next day air. Hopefully it'll be FedEx. Got a hefty price for the digital copies which'll cover over 2/3 of the price of the box set & nearly died when I found out I wouldn't get it today. Luckily Amazon has great customer service (just wish they'd stop using LaserShip).

High bidder retracted his bid of $33 saying I changed the description of the item (funny thing is the auction has never been revised). Looks like I'll be getting $8.50 less than I thought I was for the digital copies. Reported the bastard to ebay (like they'll do anything).
He's paying $33 for just digital copies of the BTTF trilogy? Psycho...
Old 10-30-10, 12:28 AM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, today Prestige had 2 packages listed as "out for delivery" for me, I got 1 thrown at my door (the first time the driver never knocked or had me sign for the package) which I thought was weird, I pick up the package and it has a huge rip in it, with a huge dent in my box set.....the other package was nowhere to be found (they have lost 2 packages in the last 2 weeks, Amazon refunded me, but its bullshit still) I called the local Prestige office and they assured me the other package would be delivered Monday and is not lost, the driver just forgot to drop it off, now I track the package and they are both listed as Delivered and signed for by me....

Every time I contact Amazon about it, they send me the same bullshit stock reply, I know they will refund or replace items that are lost, but the fact this is an ongoing process, as I'm getting punished for being a Prime member, fuck prestige.
Old 10-30-10, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bse
Well, today Prestige had 2 packages listed as "out for delivery" for me, I got 1 thrown at my door (the first time the driver never knocked or had me sign for the package) which I thought was weird, I pick up the package and it has a huge rip in it, with a huge dent in my box set.....the other package was nowhere to be found (they have lost 2 packages in the last 2 weeks, Amazon refunded me, but its bullshit still) I called the local Prestige office and they assured me the other package would be delivered Monday and is not lost, the driver just forgot to drop it off, now I track the package and they are both listed as Delivered and signed for by me....

Every time I contact Amazon about it, they send me the same bullshit stock reply, I know they will refund or replace items that are lost, but the fact this is an ongoing process, as I'm getting punished for being a Prime member, fuck prestige.
How professional of them!
Old 10-30-10, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
So, I waited a few extra days for Psycho on Blu-ray to come. I was patient, cause I'm in no rush, and they gave me a $5 promo for my troubles. I was patient until today. Still no change in the tracking history, apparently Lasership never received it from Amazon, so it's just in limbo. After raising some very polite hell with Amazon, they're overnighting me another copy. Friggin' Lasershiz. Though for what it's worth, this is the only problem I've had with them so far...
So my original copy of Psycho from lasership finally showed up...in my mailbox, sent from USPS. But it also has lasership postage on it. WTF. Contacting Amazon and sending this sucker back, sigh...
Old 10-30-10, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Although amazon didn't do anything but send out replacement disc after replacement disc when I was getting burned with Velocity Express in my area awhile back, after a few disastrous months amazon stopped using them in my area. I can only guess that was because of all the complaints and losses. Hopefully, that will happen soon with you guys struggling with Lasership.

I had canceled my prime when that was going on, as it was just useless to have I could get things faster and more reliably with standard shipping. Once I got word that deliveries were going through with UPS again, I signed back up and haven't had a problem since.
Old 11-01-10, 11:11 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well Prestige has lost their 3rd package in 2 weeks, the package they said they forgot to deliver Friday but will bring Monday, never showed...Amazon refunded me, but it sucks because it was a marketplace seller who sold via Amazon, so I got the item for dirt cheap w/ free shipping, now the cheapest one is $10 more.

My new releases that are supposed to arrive tomorrow got sent Prestige, so we will see if they arrive, ever.
Old 11-04-10, 09:37 AM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Amazon has also switched from UPS to Prestige with me. The amazon tracking website claims there was a failed delivery attempt by Prestige yesterday, but there was no sticky paper on my door like what UPS always uses. I called and emailed amazon and told them I'd like them to switch back to UPS.

One great thing about UPS is they come at the exact same time every day, so I always order so it comes on a day when I'll be available at that time. This is my second time with Prestige, and the alleged attempted delivery yesterday was not the same time as the previous delivery.
Old 11-04-10, 01:42 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by grundle
Amazon has also switched from UPS to Prestige with me. The amazon tracking website claims there was a failed delivery attempt by Prestige yesterday, but there was no sticky paper on my door like what UPS always uses. I called and emailed amazon and told them I'd like them to switch back to UPS.

One great thing about UPS is they come at the exact same time every day, so I always order so it comes on a day when I'll be available at that time. This is my second time with Prestige, and the alleged attempted delivery yesterday was not the same time as the previous delivery.
Prestige just delivered my package - and it was at the exact time as their previous delivery. So that's good.

However, the delivery person said they didn't make any attempted delivery yesterday, because they had "too many packages." But that's not what what their online tracking says.
Old 11-04-10, 11:09 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

I pre-ordered Centurion and The Bridge on the River Kwai a month ago, the release date was Tuesday, my package is MIA. I've canceled my pre-orders for next week and will spend the extra money and shop at Best Buy this week.

There are literally dozens of posts like this at amazon http://www.amazon.com/tag/amazon%20c...x3GI4CTRZEIPUN

It has to stop at some point, I mean its terrible business this is even still happening.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.