Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon sent by LaserShip (WHAT the hell is it?)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon sent by LaserShip (WHAT the hell is it?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-10, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Re: Amazon sent by LaserShip (WHAT the hell is it?)

LOL OK thanks. Sounds like quite the treasure hunt!
Old 06-10-10, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

FWIW, that Ontrac delivery was a day early, as usual. As long as it is an item that the local distribution center has in stock, I get it the next day (despite picking 2 day shipping). I, for one, have nothing to complain about Ontrac so far.
Old 06-11-10, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I almost signed on to prime. I guess it's a good thing I didn't becauese I don't like the idea of these other carriers.
Old 07-30-10, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm supposed to have a BD delivered by Prestige today (I have Prime) and they didn't show. Tracking shows that it was in a town just south of me yesterday morning and I still don't have it even today. I'm not happy since this probably would be the only night I can watch it for a while.
Old 08-12-10, 07:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why doesn't Amazon take a hint a stop fucking their loyal customers over with these 3rd rate parcel couriers!?!? I just got an email saying my last order shipped via Prestige. I guess I'm not renewing my Prime membership. Might need somewhere else to xmas shop. What's my alternative? Get a PO box, so they have to use USPS?
Old 08-12-10, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Viper187
What's my alternative? Get a PO box, so they have to use USPS?
I'm not even sure that would help you. They might just have the courier deliver it to the PO, which of course would have a smaller window of opportunity than delivering to your home. Also, Priority Mail isn't a true guaranteed service, and it can take 3 days anyway, so it wouldn't fall into the 2-day Prime window.

Amazon obviously didn't plan properly and had to find a way to go on the cheap for all their Prime members. It was so nice when it was always UPS. I've been off Prime for a year now because of this stuff. Tried them again recently with a free 1-year student membership, and the first two packages were through a courier who scanned the packages as delivered before they delivered them. I cancelled that evening. Not worth the aggravation.
Old 08-12-10, 08:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
I'm not even sure that would help you. They might just have the courier deliver it to the PO, which of course would have a smaller window of opportunity than delivering to your home. Also, Priority Mail isn't a true guaranteed service, and it can take 3 days anyway, so it wouldn't fall into the 2-day Prime window.

Amazon obviously didn't plan properly and had to find a way to go on the cheap for all their Prime members. It was so nice when it was always UPS. I've been off Prime for a year now because of this stuff. Tried them again recently with a free 1-year student membership, and the first two packages were through a courier who scanned the packages as delivered before they delivered them. I cancelled that evening. Not worth the aggravation.
Were you ordering anything without Prime? Are Prime members the only ones getting boned by this?
Old 08-12-10, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk God

man, i am fortunate. Ontrac for me has been phenomenal as a courier. hopefully that doesn't change anytime soon.
Old 08-12-10, 10:59 AM

Amazon apparently stopped using Lasership in my area. Any 2-day stuff was being delivered by them for awhile, then it just completely stopped and it's back to UPS... Oddly, I did get one thing via USPS this week, which rarely happens.
Old 08-12-10, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Were you ordering anything without Prime? Are Prime members the only ones getting boned by this?
Yeah since I went off Prime I've had the occasional order for something I couldn't get locally and if I paid the 2.98 shipping fee it would come USPS in a few days. Hell I'd be willing to accept that service level for Prime.
Old 08-14-10, 09:10 AM
Banned

I think everyone should refuse the shipments that these 3rd rate assholes actually deliver, and keep reordering until Amazon ships your order with a reputable courier. Assuming they don't get shipping refunds on undelivered packages, maybe we can hurt their bottom line enough to make a point with whoever is running this circus.
Old 08-16-10, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk God

I think everyone should refuse the shipments that these 3rd rate assholes actually deliver, and keep reordering until Amazon ships your order with a reputable courier. Assuming they don't get shipping refunds on undelivered packages, maybe we can hurt their bottom line enough to make a point with whoever is running this circus.
the only thing that is going to accomplish is getting them to up the price of Prime because they are using more expensive carriers.
Old 08-16-10, 11:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Deftones
the only thing that is going to accomplish is getting them to up the price of Prime because they are using more expensive carriers.
It's worth it if it gets rid of these lame ass carriers. They should allow you to choose your carrier in the shipping options like damn near every other site on the net.
Old 08-23-10, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hope Amazon doesn't continue to use Lasership. Had an Amazon package at our door from Lasership that was meant for a different address. The address was in our townhouse complex, but on a totally different street. WTF? Also, got an email that said there was an attempt to deliver a couple packages, but they couldn't leave them unattended? The items were pretty cheap, and this has never happened before. Ugh...
Old 08-23-10, 11:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
I hope Amazon doesn't continue to use Lasership. Had an Amazon package at our door from Lasership that was meant for a different address. The address was in our townhouse complex, but on a totally different street. WTF? Also, got an email that said there was an attempt to deliver a couple packages, but they couldn't leave them unattended? The items were pretty cheap, and this has never happened before. Ugh...
These carriers can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. Don't sign for anything even if they do show up. Amazon's policy is to only require a signature for items over $700.

Also, I've heard that [email protected] is a direct email to the Executive Customer Relations there. Those still getting boned should try it. I've decided to fake a PO Box to at least get USPS shipping. I just added "PO Box" to the beginning of my street address. Kind of a waste of Prime, but it's working so far. It's pissing me off my orders don't go out the same day though. I think Prime members should get fast processing whether we go 2-day or not.
Old 08-24-10, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Ordered a bunch of stuff lately - shipping to my address in the SW Chicago burbs and elsewhere - and all have been UPS.
Old 09-03-10, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's my alternative? Get a PO box, so they have to use USPS?

I use a PO Box for all my amazon orders and usually never have any problems. They usually get there a day or two before it says it will no matter what shipping method I use. Sometimes it shows up as Fed Ex Smart Post at first until it gets to a Post Office than it will show up as being shipped by USPS. Now I placed a order on the 24th and was supposed to get it the 1st and I still havent got it yet. This has been only issues I have had with them.
Old 09-14-10, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

I have Amazon Prime, and I order from Amazon a lot. But more and more, I am NOT getting my orders within two days. And yes, these are items that qualify for two day deliveries. Such as today, I was expecting the "Seven" Blu Ray. Which I pre-ordered months ago. I got an e-mail it left a facility 15 miles from me at 11:00 AM today. Looked online and it said the courier was LaserShip. First time I noticed this. Well, I called them at 7:00 PM and got some surly CSR who said "Your package is in route". And I said "What exactly does that mean?". She said "Your package is in route". I then told her, it left your facility 8 hours again, and you're not that far from me. And it says on the Amazon sight the package would arrive today". She said "It will be delivered by 8:00". It's 10:00 PM, no package.
Old 09-14-10, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Daytripper
I have Amazon Prime, and I order from Amazon a lot. But more and more, I am NOT getting my orders within two days. And yes, these are items that qualify for two day deliveries. Such as today, I was expecting the "Seven" Blu Ray. Which I pre-ordered months ago. I got an e-mail it left a facility 15 miles from me at 11:00 AM today. Looked online and it said the courier was LaserShip. First time I noticed this. Well, I called them at 7:00 PM and got some surly CSR who said "Your package is in route". And I said "What exactly does that mean?". She said "Your package is in route". I then told her, it left your facility 8 hours again, and you're not that far from me. And it says on the Amazon sight the package would arrive today". She said "It will be delivered by 8:00". It's 10:00 PM, no package.
Yep there you go. This is why I cancelled the free 1-year Prime I had after to packages. It's simply not worth the aggravation.
Old 09-15-10, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Daytripper

4:30 PM update, the following day. Still no package. I call Lasership and the CSR said the driver delivered this today and gave to a woman at my address. There is no woman at my address, just me. And I've been home all day. Perfect.
Old 09-15-10, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I received 2 separate packages today thru Prime ,one was delivered by Fed Ex and one by UPS.
I guess they are using different carriers, probably due to where the product ships from?
Old 09-15-10, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Guess what? Still no package from Amazon! Laser(motherfucking)Ship never called me back and I spoke to someone in India about this at Amazon's customer center. Yeah, that was a treat. Who the hell knows when or if I'll ever get this DVD.
Old 09-16-10, 03:40 PM
Banned

WTF? I added "PO Box" to the beginning of my shipping address to avoid the assholes and force USPS. It was working fine with movies, but I try to order an Xbox game and it says it can't ship to a PO Box? NOT the console, the a freakin game DVD! WHAT. THE. SHIT!? So now I have to take my chances with carriers once more and see who I get.
Old 09-16-10, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thursday night, 8:20 PM EST. Still no God Damn package. Can you fucking believe this???
Old 09-16-10, 08:49 PM

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

We don't have Lasership in Canada (I don't think) but Amazon.ca has been shipping a lot more packages (at least to me) by UPS. One of my packages was supposedly delivered a week ago, and the driver must be some kind of moron and left it with someone in another apartment. I've called UPS and am waiting to hear back from Amazon but I'm completely screwed, aren't I?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.