Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

EBAY sellers has ebay giving you the DSR shaft yet?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

EBAY sellers has ebay giving you the DSR shaft yet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-10, 08:29 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: EBAY sellers has ebay giving you the DSR shaft yet?

Originally Posted by RonG617
You still can't leave neg. feedback. The only thing that happens is that they get an invisible unpaid strike. They need to get a few of those to get suspended. But if they play nice for a few months the strike(s) go away. It is a joke.
Fuck that. I'll just relist my item.
Old 04-16-10, 08:50 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Yep. The little shit is buying other items and still has not paid me. Just wonderful. I relisted. Fucking ebay
Old 04-18-10, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Yep. The little shit is buying other items and still has not paid me. Just wonderful. I relisted. Fucking ebay
Yes but what happens if he wins and pays you for the lower item. I love the way eBay is setup. Keep in mind I have no plans on doing this to anyone I know of. I have done this with account setup for testing eBay rules.

We have done this test.

Same person wins the same item from the same seller.
Same person never pays the same seller
Seller files a unpaid on the buyer
Buyer keeps buying, never paying
All the time this is going on the item is won cheaper each time (This was part of the setup)
To the point the item in now over $25 cheaper then 1st won (Item is a collectible)

End:
The buyer pays the lower end price or the last on won. eBay is still trying to give the person time to pay the seller for the 1st one. This was going on for close to a months at a time. The buyer paid for the last item. This knock out all the others out of the water.

Seller lost all listing fee's, won fess all money nothing back from eBay. The seller paid the buyer. Did not matter in the end what was going on. Ebay seen it as 'The Buyer Paid"

We really do have over a 100 accounts setup to test eBay rules. At 1st this was done being we where paid for the data. Then it just became fun. All testing is done by us, all bidding is done by us, all selling, winning, etc is done by us. In over 2 year of doing this not one person other then us place the bids, listing, etc. We have tested every eBay rule in every way.

I have seen many people on many boards bitching. In right they do. The sellers and buyers all have beefs. That is not the point, the point is eBay is a platform for selling. They hide behind this, yet they collect money for this. As a seller are you bond by their rules, as a buyer you are bond by their rule. At any time, eBay can kick anyone off at anytime for anything.
Old 04-19-10, 10:43 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm down to posting a few odds and ends on Ebay these days after really using it as a second job for years. I took a look at one my recent auctions for a dvd box set I got pretty cheap($35). It ended up selling for $51 which should be a $16 profit. But it was $.75 to list, $4.59 final value fee, $1.87 paypal fee. I was only allowed to charge $3.00 shipping so even shipping media mail with delivery confirmation I lost $1.79 on the shipping, add another $.50 for bubble wrap, tape, etc. That adds up to $9.50 in fees and supplies and I am a power seller with five stars across the board. Most of my auctions are smaller items like books and dvds and I usually make about a dollar or two, but when factor in people who don't pay, lost packages, etc. I am barely above even these days. As a regular seller I am done with Ebay.
Old 04-19-10, 10:48 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

If I'm not making $50 an hour profit, ebay is useless to me. I sell one or two higher priced items per year on Amazon, but i think I'm forever done with selling on ebay.

I'd rather just give the stuff away or trade if I'm only making $20 or less per item.
Old 04-19-10, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
If I'm not making $50 an hour profit, ebay is useless to me.
Trevor, when you figure out how to make $50 an hour on ebay, don't forget to share the details with your buddies here at DVD Talk.
Old 04-19-10, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Tahoe
Trevor, when you figure out how to make $50 an hour on ebay, don't forget to share the details with your buddies here at DVD Talk.
Buy cheap sell high & sell alot of it. Just make sure not to pay your bill and then moved to a new account I'm bad I know it.