Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Recent Amazon Price Error: You'll be charged unless you return!! Part 2

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Recent Amazon Price Error: You'll be charged unless you return!! Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-07, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cpgator
And what were you planning are doing with all those DVDs? Do you not feel the least be loserish for ordering so many sets?
Gosh, how did I know that the number 54 would create such a moral outrage that cpgator wouldn't be able to resist coming back to this thread and enlightening us with his divine views? Thanks, cpgator! I know I personally couldn't make it through the day without repeatedly hearing your views on this situation.
Old 02-02-07, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Cpgator is actually the lead of the software team responsible for the original glitch on the website. It's his ass on the line depending on how this turns out. If he can't get back at least 40% of the dollar value, Bedzos is going to make him lick his feet, between the toes. If he does get the money back, Bedzos will allow him to use a toothbrush instead.
Old 02-02-07, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
Cpgator is actually the lead of the software team responsible for the original glitch on the website. It's his ass on the line depending on how this turns out. If he can't get back at least 40% of the dollar value, Bedzos is going to make him lick his feet, between the toes. If he does get the money back, Bedzos will allow him to use a toothbrush instead.
Actually Cpgator is just someone who thinks that placing 55 orders because of a system glitch is not the smartest move in the book. Expressing outrage when Amazon calls you on it - will that is just laughable. Make your jokes if you like, but remember, I am not the one having to close bank accounts and credit cards, and worry about getting charged for a bunch a dvd sets I didn't even really want. That sir, is where the true humor lies.
Old 02-02-07, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by StealthStratos
Gosh, how did I know that the number 54 would create such a moral outrage that cpgator wouldn't be able to resist coming back to this thread and enlightening us with his divine views? Thanks, cpgator! I know I personally couldn't make it through the day without repeatedly hearing your views on this situation.
No problem - all in a days work. And there is absolutely nothing wrong at all with you placing all those orders - you are the true inspiration. You never did say what you were going to do with your winnings of the dvd lottery.
Old 02-02-07, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I feel a little sorry for some of the people who tried to take advantage of this mistake......but 54 orders? That's the epitome of greed in my mind.
Old 02-02-07, 09:16 PM

Make your jokes if you like, but remember, I am not the one having to close bank accounts and credit cards, and worry about getting charged for a bunch a dvd sets I didn't even really want. That sir, is where the true humor lies.
Oh I like, because you obviously have a life so devoid of meaning that you have to constantly turn to this story to get your kicks. Some days it seems like you are compelled to personally respond to every post -- at least the other regulars have a dog in the fight.
Old 02-02-07, 09:31 PM

No problem - all in a days work. And there is absolutely nothing wrong at all with you placing all those orders - you are the true inspiration. You never did say what you were going to do with your winnings of the dvd lottery.
If you go back through the thread history, you'll realize I wasn't the one who claimed to place 54 orders. When I read about the poster who did, I merely raised an eyebrow and quietly moved on, as most other people probably did, rather than feeling the need to verbalize some sort of moral supremacy.
Old 02-02-07, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you go back through the thread history, you'll realize I wasn't the one who claimed to place 54 orders. When I read about the poster who did, I merely raised an eyebrow and quietly moved on, as most other people probably did, rather than feeling the need to verbalize some sort of moral supremacy.
Don't feed the troll.
Old 02-02-07, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh I like, because you obviously have a life so devoid of meaning that you have to constantly turn to this story to get your kicks. Some days it seems like you are compelled to personally respond to every post -- at least the other regulars have a dog in the fight.
My life is devoid because I find this whole situation humorous? Not my fault you are in this situation.

Very big of you, considering you did the same thing, though perhaps not on the same scale. And explain the moral supremacy line. The majority of posters here who got in on this 'deal' are claiming that what Amazon is doing is wrong. What I am doing is claiming that what the posters did was wrong. I suppose you are only okay with opinions if they support your position. Good luck with that.
Old 02-02-07, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Actually Cpgator is just someone who thinks that placing 55 orders because of a system glitch is not the smartest move in the book. Expressing outrage when Amazon calls you on it - will that is just laughable. Make your jokes if you like, but remember, I am not the one having to close bank accounts and credit cards, and worry about getting charged for a bunch a dvd sets I didn't even really want. That sir, is where the true humor lies.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 02-02-07, 11:02 PM

My life is devoid because I find this whole situation humorous? Not my fault you are in this situation.
So humorous that you don't have anything better to do, so yes absolutely meaningless and devoid of value.

What I am doing is claiming that what the posters did was wrong.
In the same way that playing a broken record is music.

Admitting you have a mental problem is the first step towards healing.
Either that, or getting back on the ritalin.
Old 02-03-07, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So humorous that you don't have anything better to do, so yes absolutely meaningless and devoid of value.
Don't feed the troll.
Old 02-03-07, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's the kicker...no one cares what cpgator thinks...even if he refers to himself in the third person...
Old 02-03-07, 05:01 AM

And what were you planning are doing with all those DVDs? Do you not feel the least be loserish for ordering so many sets?
I plan on keeping each item I ordered. I didn't get things I didn't want, like Dawson's Creek, Ellen, and a few other things. I only bought items I will watch. It was never my intention to stock up on stuff to sell later on, otherwise I would have bought multiple copies of everything. So I'm greedy because I got only things I was going to watch, that just happened to be more than others?

To me, placing 1, 5, 10, 20, or 54 orders is all the same. When does it become "too much"? 27 and a half orders? And why should I feel "loserish"? It's not like I just decided to start buying dvds, my collection is well over 1200 without theze orders from Amazon, and a LOT of those are tv sets.
Old 02-03-07, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts
So, it's now the Feb 3, anyone get charged yet?
Old 02-03-07, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by xNightfallx
To me, placing 1, 5, 10, 20, or 54 orders is all the same. When does it become "too much"? 27 and a half orders? And why should I feel "loserish"?
One answer to 2 questions: closing a bank account and opening a new one to kill a debit card that was used. OMFG.

Clearly you knew something was unreasonable.

[Now where's that knocking-head-against-wall smilie? Add a dozen hearty roflmao's too. And that sad headshake and rolling eyes thingie.]
Old 02-03-07, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Originally Posted by movieguru
So, it's now the Feb 3, anyone get charged yet?
Nope, not yet...
Old 02-03-07, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

anyone charged yet.......
Old 02-03-07, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nope, not yet...
Old 02-03-07, 11:15 AM

54 orders for what.. like 4 dollars? Are you using the "It's not my responsiblity to know what the correct price is!" defense?
Old 02-03-07, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Phod
54 orders for what.. like 4 dollars? Are you using the "It's not my responsiblity to know what the correct price is!" defense?
No, it's the counterattack of "Even though I closed out my bank account and had to open a new one because I used a debit card, I only ordered dvds I want to watch, so why are you guys insinuating I did something stupid?"
Old 02-03-07, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Phod
I'm not surprised that there are a bunch of DVDtalkers anxious to jump on any possible system misprice or glitch that comes around. And I'm not surprised that some people did it a little and some did it a lot.

I am surprised that so many morally superior people who didn't partake in the deal still need to chime in and try and stir up trouble by insulting the people who did a full month after it happened.

To all of you, if you're that concerned about the state of the world, why don't you go out into it and start doing some physical good instead of sniping at people on-line? Juts a thought.
Old 02-03-07, 12:47 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Peep
I'm not surprised that there are a bunch of DVDtalkers anxious to jump on any possible system misprice or glitch that comes around. And I'm not surprised that some people did it a little and some did it a lot.

I am surprised that so many morally superior people who didn't partake in the deal still need to chime in and try and stir up trouble by insulting the people who did a full month after it happened.

To all of you, if you're that concerned about the state of the world, why don't you go out into it and start doing some physical good instead of sniping at people on-line? Juts a thought.
Don't feed the troll.
Old 02-03-07, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 02-03-07, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'll throw my lot in with Amazon on this one. Didn't know about the deal. Wouldn't have abused the deal. Have no tolerance for those who do (like the guy who got like 100 transformers on a screwed up Target coupon so he could get a free XBox).

Amazon is clearly in the wrong here. But I still hope they screw the hell out of the vultures. It'll be a good life lesson.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.