Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Buy.com - Not shipping Items or Responding to Email

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Buy.com - Not shipping Items or Responding to Email

Old 12-08-06, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow - based on the comments in this thread, I think I won't even bother trying to place an order. I used them once or twice in the past with no problems, but that was at least 4 years ago.

Oh well, that $20 off $50 Google deal was tempting, but combine their non-competitive pricing with their apparently lousy service, and I'll pass.
Old 12-09-06, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha! Just like some of the posters, I received another shipping confirmation today for the two hd dvds. It's weird because they sent me a shipping confirmation for The Last Samurai last week. I wonder if I'll get two copies now.
Old 12-09-06, 09:00 AM
Banned

you'll be lucky to get 1.
Old 12-09-06, 01:46 PM

Ok, now I'm pissed. I go onto the Buy.com website, look up my order of the Simpson sets that I made on 11/22 and haven't received, and see they are now on backorder. BUT the Buy.com webpage for the sets show they are in stock and ship in 1 to 2 business days. I even put the sets in my cart and get to the last step before finalizing an order and the website still doesn't tell you the sets are on backorder. Or are they?

What kind of sloppy or possibly fraudulent scam is Buy.com running here? They are either (1) letting people order items which they say are in stock and will ship in 1 to 2 business days when they know the items are actually on backorder or (2) they are not shipping orders to people who got a discount using Google Checkout or (3) their website administration is next to criminally negligent.

I will never, ever, buy another thing from this company.

Update: I emailed them a 3rd time about my order yesterday. This time I got an automated response saying my email would be read and answered in 6 hours. Yea, right. My 3rd email and 2nd phone call complaint with no response from the company.

Last edited by DVDHound; 12-09-06 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-09-06, 02:16 PM

I'm actually hoping that my last set doesn't ship just so I can inititate a charge back and get my CC company to tighten the screws on this mickey mouse operation. I am also glad I recently decided to order some other stuff from familyvideo (that shipped within 1 day) rather than buy, at least I dodged that bullet.
Old 12-09-06, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 597 Likes on 431 Posts
the first 5 orders i placed for a total of 8 hd dvds all arrived fine.

the arder after that for 2 hd dvds only 1 arrived and even tho' tthe other hd dvd is listed as 1 to 2 days. the order itself says "on order".
Old 12-09-06, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had placed an order going thru Google checkout for 3 X-Files boxsets. Only one has shipped so far, and the other two have not, even though the product pages for those two pretty much say will ship in 1 to 2 days. However, my credit card has already been charged for the full amount of the order.

Sent their support an email and they just give the standard line about the website is only updated every 24 hours, so may not accurately reflect their inventory. blah, blah, blah.

Called the 877 number and the guy said he would send a note off to some dept., but the credit charge needed to be taken up with Google, since I used Google checkout. Not a whole lot of help. So now I have an email to Google to credit me back the amount to my card unless the items are going to ship. I doubt that's going to happen since they can't control when Buy.com ships. So I guess I'm going to have to go and take it up with my credit card company.
Old 12-09-06, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I had similar problems last month during the $10 off $30.

Really, really frustrating dealing with their customer support in India. A total disconnect from the company and the expected level of customer service.

Like monkeys, they seem to just follow a manual, with no empowerment to take care of the customer. Also, no way to contact a US-based rep and vent!
Old 12-09-06, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 597 Likes on 431 Posts
i just recieved these two emails together.
bold added by me
Buy.com Customer Support has received your email. Please do not reply to this email because it is an automated acknowledgement email only.

In most cases we will reply to your email within ten hours of receiving it.
Sometimes we will need to do a little research before we can answer your email (for example: shipments, cancellations, returns). If that is the case, please know that we are working on your request even though you might not receive a decision for one or two business days (excluding holidays and weekends).

If the matter is urgent, or you feel your situation will be too difficult to express via email, we can also email you our phone number.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your business.

Sincerely,

Buy.com Customer Care Team

Thank you for contacting Buy.com.

This is in reference to your email regarding order #30503688.

We apologize that the delivery of your order is taking longer than expected. Due to a setback from the manufacturer, item #203143272 on your order is currently on backorder.
We update our web site once every 24 hours. Occasionally, items run out of stock before we can update this information. We are working on providing more frequent updates in the future.

However, we do not have an estimated time of arrival. You will receive an email from us once the product you ordered ships.

We thank you for your patience in the matter.

Sincerely,

Jackson
Buy.com Customer Service
www.buy.com
Old 12-09-06, 09:58 PM

I ordered the Google checkout 10off30 on blank dvd+r. After a month of not receiving anything, I decided to contact them. They responded back on the 2nd day and instructed me to check the tracking. I did, and it showed on FedEx had received the transmission notice, but never picked up the item to deliver. I sent them an email, telling them the tracking info that FedEX never picked up any package from them. I requested a refund, and they never responded back after a week so far. I'm going to report the charge to my credit card. Never again....buying from buy.com.
Old 12-10-06, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by whotony
This is in reference to your email regarding order #30503688.

We apologize that the delivery of your order is taking longer than expected. Due to a setback from the manufacturer, item #203143272 on your order is currently on backorder.
We update our web site once every 24 hours. Occasionally, items run out of stock before we can update this information. We are working on providing more frequent updates in the future.

However, we do not have an estimated time of arrival. You will receive an email from us once the product you ordered ships.

We thank you for your patience in the matter.

Sincerely,

Jackson
Buy.com Customer Service
www.buy.com
So I've emailed them a couple of more times and I get this standard reply as well about "the setback from the manufacturer" and their website only updates every 24 hours. However, the X-Files Season 9 set that I ordered has been showing "In Stock" on the product page for a while now. So I shot the following email back at them to call them on it. I'm thinking they probably won't answer and will just cancel my order for being a PITA.

Hi Jacob (or whichever support rep gets this email request),
The standard line of "We update our web site once every 24 hours" is a blatant lie. Either that, or you are falsely advertising items that you don't really have in stock. I have checked the buy.com website many times over the past couple of days for the product page displaying item #202439592 (X-Files Season 9 DVD) and it has said that the item is In Stock: Usually ships in 1 to 2 business days. If it is in stock for new purchases, how come it is not in stock for my original order from last month?

It is currently 10:30 pm PST on 12/9/06. I have taken a screenshot of the webpage. I will check back tomorrow at 10:30 pm PST on 12/10/06 and see if the reported availability on the webpage has changed or not. At that point, I will also take a screenshot of the webpage and send both of them to you for review. If you would like, I can also do the same thing on Monday. I know that the availability has not changed because I have been checking the site for the past couple of days already. However, just so you don't think I'm making it up, I will provide you the evidence that supports my claim.

Please forward this email to your manager and if possible, provide me a name of someone I can speak to directly about this matter. Thank you for your time.
Old 12-10-06, 01:04 AM

I may be off base here, but I think a lot of it has to do with the GCO. When I called and asked the CSR why the last item in my order still had not been shipped, the first thing out of his mouth was that I used GCO and it takes a minimum of 5 days to process those before they ship. I immediately responded that statement wasn't true because I ordered on 11/19 and two of my items shipped on 11/22. Looking at my online statement, it's billed as google-buy.com, so I assume that we pay google the amount (minus the $$ off promotion) and then they pay buy.com the full price. If this is true, buy.com has no incentive to ship the items, other than losing out on whatever $$ google is kicking back. If one files a complaint with the CC co., the charges will be reversed against google, not buy.com. I have sent a complaint to GCO using the form on the website, and I suggest everyone does the same.
Just for my information, is there anyone here who ordered something from buy.com recently NOT using GCO and is still waiting for stock?
Old 12-10-06, 10:43 AM
Banned

I emailed GCO a complaint. I doubt I'll hear anything back...
Old 12-10-06, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have the same issue. I ordered a 360 wireless headset. I got a shipping notice on nov 30th. When i track it says USPS got a notice for pick up on Dec 1st, and it hasnt changed since. Shot off a e-mail two days ago, and no response . Now i remember why i never order from buy.com anymore
Old 12-10-06, 12:27 PM

I got lucky and received what I ordered. But it took so long to ship; I order it at 9am EST Tuesday with overnight shipping. They say if you order by 3pm PST it will ship the same day. It didn't ship till thursday. And I wasn't give a notification until it arrived at my house. And again I learned yet again why I shouldn't buy from them.
Old 12-10-06, 04:57 PM

My experience seems slightly different to everyone else's. I've done four or five buy.com orders with Google Checkout, and I always get shipping notices a day or two later for everything in the order.

The problem is that the tracking numbers always say something very similar:

"Your item arrived at a shipping partner facility at x:xx on November xx, 2006 in HEBRON, KY 41048. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

And the tracking just stays like that for weeks. Anyone else getting this? Do the items eventually arrive?
Old 12-10-06, 08:43 PM
Banned

That's exactly the message I have.... It's been 2 weeks now and I haven't received a thing.... How long have you been waiting?
Old 12-10-06, 08:54 PM

It took 13 days from when I received the shipped email to when I received a package. It was shipped from KY, but the return address was in CA (I'm in CA). The tracking info on the USPS site never updated until after it was delivered.
Old 12-10-06, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Wallet Boy
My experience seems slightly different to everyone else's. I've done four or five buy.com orders with Google Checkout, and I always get shipping notices a day or two later for everything in the order.

The problem is that the tracking numbers always say something very similar:

"Your item arrived at a shipping partner facility at x:xx on November xx, 2006 in HEBRON, KY 41048. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

And the tracking just stays like that for weeks. Anyone else getting this? Do the items eventually arrive?
That happened to one of my packages for awhile until it finally updated. But it was stuck on that for about a week and a half or even longer.

Last edited by pepsiguy; 12-10-06 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-10-06, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They've been timely on my last 2 recent orders (play and charge kits, and Test Drive Unlimited), but it doesn't look like they've shipped my Xbox 360 wireless controller. I ordered a little $2 toothing ring thing for babies just so I could push my order over $50, and looky look, I received it in the mail a couple days ago. The controller hasn't even been shipped yet. Grr.

Last edited by Lethal Nemesis; 12-10-06 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-11-06, 12:04 AM
Banned

Goggle just emailed me back saying there is nothing they can do and I have to contact buy.com directly. Which is dumb because I told them in the original email I contacted buy.com and they weren't any help. I think I'm basically just screwed.
Old 12-11-06, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not trying to offer any defense of Buy.com but my Google history with them hasn't been bad. Since October 4 I've placed 11 GC orders for DVDs (some Criterions, Bond Vol.1, John Ford box set, Have Gun Will Travel Season 1, etc.) and 2 orders for DVD blank media. The media was delivered the next day using free shipping! They did screw up my very first order which was for CC Viridiana and Pasolini's Accatone. I got someone's Animaniacs and The Bostonians. The return went smoothly after I contacted their CSR # and it was trackable through UPS; they reshipped the correct items rather quickly.

Having read all these complaints, I will be more cautious when dealing with them in the future.
Old 12-11-06, 06:25 PM

I just received my response from google today, and it basically said the same thing... buy.com has to change the order or initiate a refund, google has no part in it. I'm guessing my CC company won't see it that way and google won't be pleased. The rep was nice, said that they've notified buy.com of my problem and I should hear back from them within 3 days (yeah right). Weird thing though, they said in the meantime, I should email buy.com again of my problem (why do that if they've contacted them??). I was checking out the Better Business Bureau site, and I think I'll file a comlpaint there. Looking at the stats, it appears they at least respond to those complaints.
Old 12-11-06, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, sent off my "proof" email to show that what they are telling me about my items being backordered is totally contradictory to what has been shown on their site for the past many days now. As expected, it has gotten all quiet on the western front.

I got a similar email from google checkout about the seller who has to initiate the credit, not google. They're going to "escalate" it to Buy.com, but I don't hold out too much hope that anything will come out of it. Just more passing the buck back and forth, don't know who is exactly right. I'll try contacting Buy.com one more time (calling them rather than email) and see what they have to say about Google's response.
Old 12-11-06, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well i got a response late last night from buy.com , and then my pacakge arrived today. All's well, that ends well, but i will not be ordering from them again

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.