Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVDsoon...are they any good?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVDsoon...are they any good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-04, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you get a confirmation screen after you place an order? I ordered a couple of movies (no rush to get them obviously ) but after the order went through it went back to the log-in screen. The order also hasn't shown up in my account yet, but that does sometimes take a while to appear.
Old 08-10-04, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recently received this from DvdSoon in response to my inquiry on a pending order:

-----
Dear Sir:

This title is still on order with our distributor, but we recently discovered that some studios are late in their delivery of many orders.

This unfortunate turn of events caused some delay here at DVDSoon.com, as your pending order.

We hope to receive it shortly. As soon as we receive this title from our distributor, it will be shipped to you ASAP.

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Customer Service
DVDSoon.com
-----
Old 08-25-04, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dvd soon - isn't.

Last month, I decided to get the remaining StarGate SG1 dvds I didn't already have .. seasons 2-6. I checked around and dvdsoon.com was the cheapest, and listed the 5 seasons as in stock. On 7/23, I ordered the dvds with free shipping.

A week later, they still hadn't shipped and I called in to check the status. I was told there was some delay with MGM. The rep said that MGM was delaying all orders to all retailers, and they were just stuck until they got their "huge order" they were expecting. I said "ok, thanks" ...

I called back on 8/10, asking what was going on. I was told that they were expecting a "huge order" and it was still on backorder. I asked why their site hadn't been updated to reflect the merchandise being out of stock. "Oh, we don't need to do that. We have over thirty thousand products listed, and we can't possibly have them all." Uh, ok. I asked why they would charge a credit card without having the product on hand. "Well how do you expect us to pay MGM?" ... I said I think this has gone on long enough and I should get something for my time and suggested an upgrade of shipping. A supervisor had to come on, and she gave me the same "blame MGM" crud, then said they have an order confirmed from MGM tue on 8/13 and would overnight it.

I called back on 8/17, still nothing listed as shipped. I was given the same line. This time, I had called Amazon, best buy, and over a dozen other re/e-tailers, and every one of them said they had no problem with MGM orders, they all had all 6 seasons available in stock, and would be happy to take my order. I repeated this information to the rep from dvdsoon, who said that they must all be mistaken, as MGM frequently delays shipments to "everyone". However, they were told a shipment would arrive on 8/18 ...

8/19, I called back in, and this time a supervisor said "Well if you don't want it from us, you're free to buy it from somewhere else. Our refund policy is clear, though. If you cancel the order, you get a store credit." Excuse me? They've had my money for a month, I still don't have the dvds, and they don't know when - or if - they will get the dvds.

Of course, there is no one else available to speak with, and the supervisor is supposedly the highest person in the chain. So I'm still waiting, still no dvds, still nothing.

8/23 - It's been one month since I placed the order. I still have received nothing.

8/25 - I called in and said I wanted to speak with a supervisor. The guy (who would not give his name) said he would not pass me along until he understood the problem. I said I had a problem with my order, and I either want the 5 boxes to arrive tomorrow or a complete refund on my card immediately. Then suddenly his supervisor is at lunch and won't be back for 2 hours.

I said that's rather inconvenient, but he could go get his supervisor's boss. Supposedly, there isn't one. I said "Ok, two hours? I'll hold." Then he says "Ok, I can put a refund on your card, but it will take a couple days." ... I said I wasn't going to wait a couple days, and there's already a file with the BBB. His response was "According to our records, you said if you don't get your dvds then you're going to come here and blow us up, so the supervisor isn't going to talk to you." ... Excuse me? *death threats*?

I asked him "Do you honestly think I would say something as ridiculous as that? You're in another country. If I actually said that, would I still be calling in on a daily basis trying to get what I paid for?" ...

So it's now been over a month since I ordered, still listed as backorder. I have cancelled the order, and I intend to do my best to make sure no one I know ever orders from them again.

Learn from my mistake. Don't EVER order from dvdunsoon.com