Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DDD Wait time

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-01, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like DDD especially on AandE, BFS and Acorn media. These titles are usually at less then half. However I am bothered by
the fact that they put the DEEP DISCOUNTDVD on the outside packaging. To me this is encouraging thieves to take this package
who know they can resell this to almost any used CD or DVD store.
Other companies use just a numerical adress with little hint of the contents. Anybody else think this could be a potential problem.
Best
Greg
Old 09-27-01, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by axolotls return
I've been waiting for a couple of DVDs since 9/6.........
Same here. I received shipping confirmation from them, and have yet to get the 3 DVD's I ordered. I sent them an email about it 2 days ago and got a reply basically stating, 'it must be late, but it's only a little late, wait some more.'
Old 09-28-01, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am peeved because I pre-ordered the Suspiria LE and the Opera DVD (reg ed). The Suspiria hasn't shown up and DDD said it is now OOP and they couldn't re-ship it even if they wanted to.
Old 09-29-01, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If my order is not in today's mail I'm calling them. It's been way too late. I've always had quick delivery from them in the past, so needless to say this is a bit infuriating.
Old 09-30-01, 08:48 AM

The free shipping recently improved regarding delivery times, at least for me.

My order of Citizen Kane and French Connection only took 4 days! That's pretty impressive, especially since Media Mail shipments from DVDEmpire usually take the same time. However, DVDEmpire is not very far from here compared to DDD.

And my shipments used to take much longer to Nebraska when I was still living there, although it was closer to DDD than Jersey. Even Priority Mail (which was actually shipped UPS Ground most times) took 3 days there.

DDD rocks. Will be ordering from them much more in the next weeks.
Old 10-01-01, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I ordered The Terminator last week when i saw that the B&M price was a bit higher than I thought it was going to be. They emailed me first thing Friday saying it was in the mail, and today it arrived here.

For a guy who is used to Amazon mailing them out AFTER the street date, it was really nice to get one a day BEFORE. Pretty good result on my first order - I think I'll probably get the new Monty P & Holy Grail through them.

(I'm sure it didn't hurt that it ain't far from Illinois to Wisconsin - but I'll take it)
Old 10-01-01, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I would like to thank Deep Discount for giving me 10% off my current order in return for a shipping problem I had with them earlier.
Old 10-02-01, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They seem to be taking care of my problem. Their CS response time is probably the best there is in this day and age.
Old 10-02-01, 06:08 AM
Suspended

In defense of these stores get the real deal from one himself.

In defense of these stores that you guys keep complaining about taking a while. I run a store myself (look at my name) and we are completely at the mercy of our distribution chain. They never fail to not deliver products when they are supposed to be released and they also tell us things like the product has shipped when it hasn't sometimes. They are usually a couple days behind on the shipping reports so many times we don't truthfully know what is going on.

I don't know any of the stores personally however I can almost guarantee you that along with dealing with the post office and it's own quirks and bumps we have to deal with the distributor always screwing up somewhere.

I do know that the DVDS cost us so much compared to the extremely little profit we are making on these items. Orders tend to have 50 cent , maybe $2 markup at the most and I for one started my business so I could make a living and as well have something enjoyable to do with my time.

I like coming to read everything on the forums however I feel there is an apparent attitude that if one single thing goes wrong your going to blacklist that business, and never use them again.

E commerce is definitely advanced and there are a lot of smart people around who have started companies and who are making money at something they enjoy doing. We all have to deal with every day to day issues with shipping, stock and so forth and we are bottlenecked by these systems every day.

So I guess the moral to this story is try to have some more patience, we are human as well and believe me we work hard, to give great service so just have a little more patience when dealing with us. - smile -

Mike BigCD
Old 10-02-01, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by axolotls return They seem to be taking care of my problem. Their CS response time is probably the best there is in this day and age.
They're taking care of mine too. I'm glad, they're a great site, IMHO, and I'd hate to see them start to go bad. Even though there was a problem with this order, I'll continue to order from them.

Since both our orders shipped the same day I wonder if there was some problem they knew about where shipped orders 'disappeared' or if it was just coincidental for us.
Old 10-02-01, 04:16 PM

Originally posted by Greg Krewet
However I am bothered by
the fact that they put the DEEP DISCOUNTDVD on the outside packaging.
I was thinking about ordering from DDD, but where exactly do they put their name on the package? I hope its not anything really annoying.
Old 10-02-01, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm pretty sure they mean the shipping carton says "Deep Discount DVD" on it.

I didn't notice anything on the sleeves of the movies i've ordered from them.

I think the issue is, people are worried that the packages might get stolen from their doorstep / mailroom.
Old 10-04-01, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Heathers

I order two copies of Heathers:SE from them for $11.99@ with free shipping. I recieved my shipment exactly a week after the release date. While it wasn't speedy as it could have been, for free shipping it ended up being a good deal (esp. since one copy is going to be a Christmas present! )

"Heather, why do you have to be such a MEGA-BITCH?!"
Old 10-04-01, 11:15 AM

Another shipment arrived today. It was shipped out on Saturday(!). Can't complain anymore.

If they only shipped pre-orders early enough to receive them before street, I'd even start pre-ordering there.
Old 10-04-01, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Mike Myers
Another shipment arrived today. It was shipped out on Saturday(!). Can't complain anymore.

If they only shipped pre-orders early enough to receive them before street, I'd even start pre-ordering there.
my last pre-order from there (Prisoner, Set 5) beat the street by 2 weeks.

(unfortunately, Godfather won't be arriving quite as early)

regardless, I'll be ordering from them again.
Old 10-04-01, 09:07 PM

Waiting for Godot?

While I absolutely love DeepDiscount for their prices, i abhor their shipment practices in terms of "snail mailing" it, but I guess that's what you get for "free shipping". Nevertheless, I have vowed that unless it's ridiculously cheap, I am not going to pre-order from them anymore - I will only order what's in stock. I ordered Pride & Prejudice in August, it was due out on 9/25, and I received it on 10/3. I don't want to have to wait 8 days AFTER a movie is released to get it.
Old 10-05-01, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
I also got a very nice e-mail from a DDD rep who saw my post here. But I don't want a 10% discount on a future order. I would like to see this mail delay problem resolved. I've read from a few people that it has improved somewhat. But will it last? Taking over two weeks to get a new title just a few states away is outrageous. It shouldn't take more than four. So I'm going to wait to see if anyone experiences problems before I make anymore purchases with them.
Old 10-05-01, 01:31 PM

I don't get you guys. Media Mail is known to be slow as hell! It doesn't matter who shipd it. You guys are blaming DDD, when you should blaming USPS. You guys cry about getting your new releases late, well when you pay for or in this case don't pay for the crapiest way a package can be shipped, what do you expect? Instead of complaining about slow free shipping, try not being so cheap and pay the extra $ for priority mail or simply shop somewhere else where they ship everything priority mail. So please stop complaining that DDD is the problem, they aren't the problem, it's the USPS and you guys for being so cheap.
Old 10-05-01, 02:22 PM

it's the USPS and you guys for being so cheap
I take issue with that. I am not cheap, by any means whatsoever, and I said I loved their prices but am not crazy about their shipping methods. Yes, USPS is slow via media mail but DDD doesn't have to use it either. And if they're going to use it, then they shouldn't pretend they're the best deal around, which they're not, cause they're not always so cheap. In fact, while some of their prices are fabulous, I've gotten better deals on newer releases elsewhere several times.

Now if only they would have a coupon.....

Old 10-05-01, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Excuse me dvde, but this is a forum to talk about online store experiences. Good, bad and indifferent. I'm sure everyone is aware that if they pay a little more, they can get faster service. If you read all of the posts here, you would have seen where I have shipped items via USPS to the Chicago area all the time. The cheapest way (even less that than DDD paid to ship my DVD's). The people I have sent those items to received them within four days. So the problem is NOT with USPS. Don't know if DDD sits on these orders or what. But there is a problem somewhere within their system.

Last edited by Daytripper; 10-05-01 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-05-01, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by dvde
I don't get you guys. Media Mail is known to be slow as hell! It doesn't matter who shipd it. You guys are blaming DDD, when you should blaming USPS. You guys cry about getting your new releases late, well when you pay for or in this case don't pay for the crapiest way a package can be shipped, what do you expect? Instead of complaining about slow free shipping, try not being so cheap and pay the extra $ for priority mail or simply shop somewhere else where they ship everything priority mail. So please stop complaining that DDD is the problem, they aren't the problem, it's the USPS and you guys for being so cheap.
I generally receive media mail shipments from all over the country in one week or less. My last order with DDD is at 5 weeks and still counting.

I have paid for them to ship priority mail in the past. Unfortunately they held onto the order (even though all items were in stock) for a week before shipping it, so it was pretty much a waste of $$$ there.

Blame the USPS if you'd like, but I have had more issues with DDD orders than Amazon orders when they both use the exact same USPS mailing system. Go figure.
Old 10-05-01, 08:02 PM

I apologize for my assumption, but I was under the idea that you guys were getting ship notices and orders are taking that long to get to you after they have shipped. My bad.
Old 10-05-01, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by dvde
I apologize for my assumption, but I was under the idea that you guys were getting ship notices and orders are taking that long to get to you after they have shipped. My bad.
It's a mixed bag of problems with their shipping, and your assumption was definitely part of it. About 70% of my orders with them come through fantastically, but when the other 30% don't, it totally nose dives.
Old 10-06-01, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My two pre orders with them have now both arrived before the street date.
I just got my Godfather set. My CC was charged on 10/3. That makes it a 3 day ship time.

Well done DDD!
Old 10-09-01, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've had a problem with DDD too

Not only is the shipping delayed.... I have been given 4 seperate "You're package has been mailed on such and such date" all with different ship dates.

Also, I have sent at least 7 emails to the Customer service department for assistance, and though my emails are answered timely, they have contained inaccurate information regarding my queries and for the most part have ignored my question and keep reiterating how long I should wait.

I haven't been offered anything with respect to satisfaction. They seem to treat me like the problem.

I patient and can wait for the package, but I think its very poor business practice to give out incorrect information, and that includes charging my credit card before the package is shipped (pick a ship date they gave me 4, all after the card was charged).

And I have yet to get a name of someone I can speak with directly. Dave Barker from DeepDiscountDVD, if you are still around, why not pick up the ball on this one.

[email protected] or [email protected]

Ask anyone of your staff, I repond to email within minutes.

VERY VERY disappointed
Jim

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.