Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DDD Wait time

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-01, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had an order shipped From DDD today and this is what it said on free shipping on the email:

You requested International Delivery and your package will arrive in 10-21 business day

All my other past orders always said this with free shipping:

Your package will arrive in 5-10 business days

I wonder whats up with the shipping? Maybe trying to get people to pay for priority?
Old 09-07-01, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just got another shipping email from DDD for The Prisoner Mega-set this time for delivery time it says:

You requested Priority Delivery and your package will arrive in 2-3 business days

It says shipping was free on what the charge was and I choose free for this order. Atleast it shipped early.
Old 09-07-01, 03:04 PM
mint

The one time I ordered from DDD, it took exactly one week from order date to delivery.
Old 09-07-01, 05:30 PM
DeepDiscount.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear DVDTalk Members

I wanteto address your concerns about shipping times, particularly in Southern California.

As you know, we position ourselves as the "Guaranteed Lowest Total Price" seller of DVDs on the Internet. We're able to do this by not charging for standard delivery and by operating a very efficient fulfillment facility centrally located in Itasca, Illinois.

We advertise standard delivery as 5-10 days. We pick up orders throughout the day and ship in-stock items out the next business day without fail. We sort orders before turning them over to the Post Office to optimize delivery to all regions of the country. We regularly monitor transit service by contacting customers via email or phone to confirm delivery times. (In a few days you'll be able to check the ship date of your order online).

Having said all of that, there obviously are some failures based on this thread. We are looking into ways to improve the transit times of shipments to areas of the country furthest from our facility. However, many of the transit delays are outside of our control.

We appreciate all of your feedback and value any suggestions that you may have on how we could improve upon the ways that we serve you.

Thank you all for your input and for your kind words regarding our prices and that fact that we have "live" customer service representatives available to assist you.

Sincerely,

David Barker

P.S. Regarding pre-orders. We release them by area of the country in time for most to arrive on street date or a day or two following.
Old 09-07-01, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nice to see a personal company message. I have Suspiria LE on its way (to SoCal ) and hope it doesn't take too long. The price was definitely right.
Old 09-08-01, 07:08 PM

I live in So. CA (the promised land) and had several orders recently, all of which got to me the fastest that DDD has ever gotten them to me, so it seems they are doing what it takes to get better.
Old 09-10-01, 09:24 AM

I guess I am lucky to live in the Chicago area...Its seems like all my DVDs from them get to me within 2 days....But then I get taxed though.

DeepDiscountDVD,

Any chance for a coupon sooner or later? Or how about a incentive program like....Order 10 DVDs 14.99 and above and receive a credit for 10% off your next order.
Old 09-10-01, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i preordered memento 3 weeks ago and have been waiting for it in the mail and today i get an e-mail that it finally just SHIPPED today...
this place sucks.
Old 09-16-01, 02:00 AM
Cool New Member

16 BUSINESS days!

....that's how long it took to get my first and last order from DDD (that's 16 business days from the date they claim to have shipped it.)

i don't buy the defense that "it's the post office's fault" - you can't run a business by using such inadequate delivery methods (even if shipping is "free") and keep customers. i mean, i guess they could send a guy on a bike out with the dvds and get them to customers in a couple of months and someone would still say "hey, the shipping's free, don't complain!", but it's not worth the headache to me.

stay away from DDD!
Old 09-16-01, 09:50 AM

I have to agree with scoobydoo. I'm still waiting for an order that supposedly shipped out on 8/21. I was told they would reship the package but I've received nothing. As soon as my CC statement comes, I'll be disputing the charge for the portion of the order that hasn't arrived. I'm not paying for something that's supposedly "en route."

They do offer free "standard" shipping but they have the choice to ship either 1st class or Media mail. They choose to use media mail to save money. So next time, I choose to not use DeepDiscountDVD.com to save the hassle.
Old 09-16-01, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

scoobydoo my guess is you never bothered to read DDD site BEFORE ordering. It states 10-15 business days to arrive for free shipping. Also you can upgrade your order so you may want to try READING the site before you buy.

Funk email them again and get a free upgrade for your troubles. They should do it.

Last edited by strife; 09-16-01 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-16-01, 02:22 PM

scoobydoo my guess is you never bothered to read DDD site BEFORE ordering. It states 10-15 business days to arrive for free shipping. Also you can upgrade your order so you may want to try READING the site before you buy.
And if YOU will read this thread you'll see that they just changed their policy from 5-10 days to the current delivery time.

Funk email them again and get a free upgrade for your troubles.
Why? Why should I have to pursue them to get satisfactory service on my next order? If you're happy with them, order from them. You can purchase every title on their website if you want; it makes little difference to me. I'm not happy with the service I received, and obviously I'm not alone.
Old 09-16-01, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It took me 10 days to receive 1 item in my first order. I'm still waiting on the rest of it (going on a week now, not as long as some of you have waited!). They do have the "lowest total price on the net" if you buy a single DVD, but if you buy a few at once, it's cheaper (and faster) at other places. Then there's the fact that it'll probably be cheaper on new releases at BB or CC (at least they have been lately).
Old 09-17-01, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Usually takes between 10-14 days to reach Ohio. And that includes preorders. Free shipping is cool, but there is a price to be paid in arrival time.
Old 09-18-01, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you order several DVDs from DDD, definitely go for the priority shipping ($3.95 for unlimited DVDs) I've always received them in 2-3 days as opposed to the usual long wait.....
Old 09-18-01, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Canceled by order with them for Memento today...... don't feel I should have to wait for who knows how long for a dvd I can pick up anywhere else today. That was probably the last order I will place with them.
Old 09-22-01, 04:12 PM
Cool New Member

Upgrading doesn't always help

I placed an order that had some in-stock DVDs (Space 1999 sets 3 and 4), one on back order (Memento) and one pre-order (Heathers LE Tin). Upgraded the shipping, cause I've already had one media mail package from DDD lost before.

The Space 1999 disks were shipped Priority Mail, as I requested & paid for. The Memento disk was shipped on the 14th - MEDIA MAIL. Still haven't received it. Heathers was shipped on the 18th - MEDIA MAIL, and I received it today - damaged (the tin is bent in on one side). I called DDD and asked why my second 2 disks were shipped media mail, and not Priority as I asked. The answer I got was that if an order has in-stock & backordered/out of stock items on it, the second shipment will go out media mail, no matter what shipping method was requested.

The CSR said they are currently out of stock on the Heathers Tin (gee, what a shock, there are only 15,000 of them out there and I have number 14,738) but they are expecing a new shipment of them on the 25th. I'm not holding my breath, and I don't expect them to be able to replace it.

I understand that it is expensive to do multiple shipments, but at least make it known on the order page that, no matter what shipping method is chosen, any backordered/pre-order item will be shipped media mail. I don't know of any other e-commerce site that changes the shipping method when making multiple shipments. I didn't appreciate finding that out the hard way by getting a damaged limited edition product that might not be replaceable. I would rather pay more for shipping and have it shipped the method I request than get delayed, damaged merchandise. They've left a bad taste in my mouth on this one.
Old 09-24-01, 01:35 AM

This was my first order with ddd and it went well for me. I pre-ordered Cape Fear (which came out this Tuesday) along with two other dvd's that were not preorder. I got my order Friday. That's 4 days including Tues. and I never paid anything for shipping. I had them shipped to Illinois. I had to pay tax.
Old 09-24-01, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been waiting for a couple of DVDs since 9/6.........
Old 09-24-01, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Look, other companies offer free shipping from time to time, 800.com started off that way, and it NEVER took this long. Sorry, I don't care if the movies are a few bucks cheaper, I ain't ever going with the free shipping again. This is ridiculous! Plus, I sent a package to someone in the same area as DDD, the cheapest/slowest possible way, and they got it in three days. So....
Old 09-24-01, 04:07 PM

Update on my situation:
Finally got the last part of my first order. DDD had to send out replacements for The Goonies and Guffman. Goonies came about a week ago. Guffman just came today. So about a month after it streeted, I finally got the disc.

You truly do get what you pay for.
Old 09-24-01, 11:30 PM
Cool New Member

Update on my situation:

As expected, I received an email from DDD today telling me that my order for the replacement Heathers Tin could not be filled because "the manufacturer has discontinued the product". So in ordering it from DDD, and them not shipping it the way I requested, I now have a damaged tin that can not be replaced.

That settles it - I won't be shopping there again. I tried to get what I paid for - upgraded shipping, but they didn't do as requested. I'd rather spend a little more to get my dvds in good condition.

Also, still no Memento. Figures.
Old 09-25-01, 11:04 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Looks like they've lost my business as well. I preordered Dave Matthews Band - The Videos '94-'01 back in August. It was released 8/21, and I never received it. I emailed to ask the status, and they said it was out of stock, but more would be in on a certain date. Never heard anything, so I emailed again. This time they said it was still out of stock, but should be back in stock in early October. I just got an email stating it had been discontinued by the vendor. There's no way that's true. So to save about $3, I've had to wait over a month for them to cancel my order, and now won't be able to find it for a good price. I could have walked into Circuit City on the day of it's release, paid almost $3 more than what DDD supposedly was selling it for, instead of waiting a month to find out I'm going to have to pay more for it elsewhere. I tell ya, if it wasn't for the occasional coupon and Columbia House, online DVD shopping would now be useless.
Old 09-26-01, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
What makes me so angry about my situation with DDD, they didn't even tell me two of the titles I ordered weren't available. So I'm sitting here waiting and waiting. It was only until I wrote to them that I found out. That's extremely poor customer service.
Old 09-26-01, 01:26 PM
Moderator Emeritus

At least they respond to emails fairly quickly:

Unfortunately, the vender is having troubles fulfilling our orders for
this
DVD. As a result, we cancelled all back orders. This item will not be
available on our site until it is in our stock, assuming we actually do
get
it in.
Sounds like their vendor(I guess to them it's vender ) sucks. Big to these hosers.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.