Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

OfficeMax rebate trouble.....

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

OfficeMax rebate trouble.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-01, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by kb0wwp
Originally posted by Ben732
Does anyone know the dates the CDs were supposed to be purchased for the rebate? I just checked my rebate and it says it was not purchased on the dates required for the rebate, when I KNOW I did...

I placed my order via Officemax.com on 2/18/01, and received it on 2/20/01. I would assume they would approve that being i purchased it on the required date.
From the rebate coupon: "Offer good on purchaese at OfficeMax from 2-18-01 through 2-20-01."
Thanks!!! That's what I thought. My package didn't include a receipt when I received it, so I called Office Max and they faxed me a receipt to include with the rebate. I'm going to have to call and Raise Hell. I ordered the CDs on the 18th and received them on the 20th, which means either way, I'm entitled to my rebate!

Thanks kb0wwp
Old 05-26-01, 07:39 PM

They invalidated my rebate. This is was I got from the website; if anyone can decipher what exactly they need, I would appreciate it. What the hell is the email address for blank cd-rs?

"We did not receive the CDR80B200B.Email Address for this product. Please send it to: ATTENTION RESUBMISSIONS, PO BOX 9013 Coppell, TX 75019 or Fax a copy to 972-745-8803
Old 05-26-01, 11:20 PM

Y Kan't Tori Read?

To me (from a programmer's point of view) it looks like a poorly worded computer generated message. I'm guessing that "CDR80B200B" is the database table and "Email Address" is the field for your email address.

It's telling you that you did not enter your email address on the coupon (or the individual entering the data missed it.)

Fax them your copy of the rebate coupon with your email address filled in, as well as a copy of the web page.

IMHO, this is a stupid reason to invalidate a rebate. It is possible (although unlikely) for someone to own a computer with a CD-RW drive, yet not use the internet or have an email address.
Old 05-27-01, 08:29 AM

Originally posted by dave955
I can't answer that, but my rebate request was deemed invalid because it didn't include a copy of the "purchase receipt". When, of course, I included a copy of the order confirmation page AND the shipping receipt, the first being something I printed for myself, and the second being the ONLY order-relevant paperwork included with my shipment. I guess I will resubmit...
mine was invalid because it was not purchased within the required dates.. I don't know how they think I bought it on the 21st. I ordered it on the 18th and it shiped on the 20th!!

Has anyone been able to reach them on the phone? I call and its always busy.. I am going to keep emailing them until they respond...
Old 05-28-01, 09:01 PM
Cool New Member

Federal Trade Commission issued a consumer alert titled “Taking the Bait Out of Rebates” cautioning consumers against being "baited" by rebates that never arrive. When purchasing a product that offers a rebate, the FTC encourages consumers to:
· Follow the instructions on the rebate form and enclose all required documentation in the envelope when filing for a rebate.
· Make a copy of all paperwork to be mailed when applying for a rebate. It's the only record a consumer will have of the transaction if anything goes wrong.
· Contact the company if the rebate doesn't arrive within the time promised.
· If the rebate never arrives or arrives late, file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, the state Attorney General or the local Better Business Bureau.
Old 05-29-01, 07:35 PM

Rejection!

I'm wondering what everyone thinks of this situation, or even if anyone is in the same boat.

My boss went in on this deal over the web, but his shipment was back-ordered. When I noticed that we wouldn't be able to ship the rebate form in time, I called to cancel the order. They told me not to worry about it, that lots of people's disks were back-ordered and that it wouldn't be a problem. Just send in the form with the back-order highlighted on the receipt.

Today we received a postcard stating that the rebate was denied because the form wasn't submitted on time.
Old 05-29-01, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, mine seems ok, but my friend's does not.

Of course, no CHECK yet... It seems they consider 5/18/01 (3 months after the 2/20 deadline) to be DAY ONE of the "8-10 weeks" to deliver - making about 1/2 year before you get the money back.
Old 05-30-01, 07:44 AM

I used their tracking system and it says my rebate status is INVALID because I didn't provide a copy of the purchase receipt. It also says a postcard requesting the missing information was mailed on 05/22/2001. It's been a week and I still haven't received it. I don't remember if I sent the delivery receipt, but I've made another copy of it. Does anyone know what I need to do to resubmit the missing information? Thanks alot!
Old 05-30-01, 08:23 AM

Originally posted by mr.bill
mine was invalid because it was not purchased within the required dates.. I don't know how they think I bought it on the 21st. I ordered it on the 18th and it shiped on the 20th!!

Has anyone been able to reach them on the phone? I call and its always busy.. I am going to keep emailing them until they respond...
I have the same exact problem! I ordered mine on the 18th and received them on the 20th. I just got off the phone with office max cust service and they told me their system shows I ordered the product on the 20th so I should be qualified to receive the rebate. She told me to call the 800 number (well it's an 877 number actually) and they should be able to help me. I've been trying to call this morning, but it's been busy as you said. I have a feeling they took their phones off the hook 'cause of all the calls they're receiving.

Has ANYONE been able to get through to these people?!

Okay.. I finally got a ring, and I got a voicemail system. It said to leave a message with my name, spelling my last name, and they'll call me back in 3-4 business days. Then, it says the mailbox is full, to reach a receptionist, press 0. I press 0 and it says, "your party is unavailable"...

If I didn't know any better, I would think this is a scam!

Edited to add:

Perhaps they're located on the west coast, and no one is in yet? Oh well... I haven't even opened my 200 CDs yet, If I can't get this rebate, Officemax better be ready to get these discs back!

[Edited by Ben732 on 05-30-01 at 06:26 AM]
Old 05-30-01, 09:30 AM

I called them yesterday... the checks have been shipped out according to them and should be recieved in the next couple of weeks.. they are located in coppell, texas. You can see that if u made photocopies of your rebate form.
It seems like there is a rebate company in this city that handles several rebates.. for example they are the same people that handled my CompUSA memory rebate for $30. So that is what their CSR said.. the checks have been mailed out..
Old 06-11-01, 06:36 AM

According to my rebate form, the address was Randolph, Ma. I have not had any trouble with any rebate from Coppell, Tx yet.

They list the date of receipt of my rebate information as 5/21, but I sent it on 2/23. That's pretty crappy if they don't start the 8-10 week clock until 5/21.
Old 06-11-01, 08:41 AM

Did anyone who had trouble with their rebate resubmit? If so, how long do you think until we hear something? They told me my item was purchased outside of the rebate period, but I bought it on 2/18 and received it on 2/20, both dates are inside the rebate period. I resubmitted along with another copy of my receipt, dates circled, and a note saying i spoke with officemax cust service and was told I should qualify, etc...

Does anyone think Office Max will take the Cds back at this point? If I don't get this rebate, I don't want the CDs...
Old 06-11-01, 09:34 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
I purchasd mine through the B&M store and then prompty mailed it in... I made xeroxes for me in case something happened.

I was wondering what was going on and then got the e-mail saying my stuff was processed and the check would be here soon... I too have had no trouble with rebateshq.com and they should pull through...
Old 06-11-01, 12:54 PM

I also have a problem with this rebate processing company. My status said that I didn't provide a telephone number, so I faxed it to them on June 1st. I can understand that they need time to update the system, but it's been 11 days. I emailed them a couple days ago complaining that I didn't get any type of correspondance regarding the fax or updating my status. I also told them that I have no intention of forgetting about this rebate because it's a lot of money. I mentioned that their voicemail and answering machine system sucks because they're always full and you can't get in touch with them unless you send an email and *hope* for some sort of reply. I hope something comes about this week.

More and more I'm starting to hate the rebate process.....

sharpie00
Old 06-11-01, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Given everyone bought these on 2/18-2/20, it still seems like FOUR MONTHS is a long time to still be waiting for a rebate...
Old 06-11-01, 02:08 PM

Does anyone have the email address to contact the rebate company? last time I tried to call and got the message, they spurted some hotmail address but i didn't have a pen handy to write it down. When I tried to call back, of course, it was busy..

I'd like to email them about my rebate problems...
Old 06-11-01, 02:45 PM

Go to http://www.rebateshq.com/clients/par...ates/track.jsp, and click Customer Service. Fill out your rebate information there. I did this twice, but only got a response the first time. Well, that's pretty much all we can do here. This really sucks and I'll be more cautious with those rebate discounts.
Old 06-11-01, 04:02 PM

Originally posted by sharpie00
I also have a problem with this rebate processing company. My status said that I didn't provide a telephone number, so I faxed it to them on June 1st. I can understand that they need time to update the system, but it's been 11 days. I emailed them a couple days ago complaining that I didn't get any type of correspondance regarding the fax or updating my status. I also told them that I have no intention of forgetting about this rebate because it's a lot of money. I mentioned that their voicemail and answering machine system sucks because they're always full and you can't get in touch with them unless you send an email and *hope* for some sort of reply. I hope something comes about this week.

More and more I'm starting to hate the rebate process.....

sharpie00
I'll bet if we all filed a complaint, or at least signed a petition that our rebates arrived very late we would stand much stronger than if we all stood by ourselves. Anyhow care to take up this issue who knows how to handle such a ordeal?
Old 06-11-01, 04:08 PM

I am very concerned by the dicsussions going on elsewhere on the net:

http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...hreadid=458074

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...threadid=40312

http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...hreadid=463870

According to the first one, OfficeMax has promised to make good on these rebates. I haven't called yet, so I have no idea if it is legit, but here is the info in case anyone else wants to get OM onto Prime Peripherals case:

"Called Dirk Kettlewell's office at Officemax and he directed me to his administrative assistant named Jennifer Dewey. She said she intends to get everyone's rebate who submitted one and will you will have it in '14' days. Jennifers direct number is 216-471-3331 and she told me that if I do not have my check in 14 days to call her back right away. I think that OfficeMax is trying as hard as they can to get this issue resolved ASAP."

--------------------------
EDIT: I called this number and spoke with a rep for OM. She took my name and address and said Prime Peripherals WAS going to pay the rebates, but there were about 200,000 requests so it was taking a while.

Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease, but sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.

[Edited by keb on 06-11-01 at 02:35 PM]
Old 06-15-01, 02:00 AM
Cool New Member

Latest update from rebateshq.com:

Promotion: 200 Pack CDR (CDR80B200B) Office Max only
Product: CDR80B200B

Rebate: $45.00
Submission Type: MAIL

Status Detail: Your rebate is valid and your reward is scheduled for fulfillment. This process may take 7 to 10 days. Once your reward is fulfilled, please allow 10 to 15 days for mail delivery. Thank you.

After almost four months of long wait, I'm finally about to see my $$$. (keeping my finger crossed)
Old 06-15-01, 10:00 AM

As of today 6/15/01, my rebate status is still invalid due to a copy of the purchase receipt was not provided. I sent out the copy immediately right after I received the postcard, which I believe was 6/1. I sent them 2 emails regarding my re-submission, but never got anything back. I'm very worried about this rebate not being honored. Does anyone have the same problem?
Old 06-15-01, 10:11 AM
Cool New Member

my rebate is at the same place as TheDragon so hopefully in at least 1 month I will have the money back.
Old 06-16-01, 09:19 AM

Hmmm.

Now my status is "Fulfilling Reward"

Status Detail:
"Your rebate is valid and your reward is scheduled for fulfillment. This process may take 7 to 10 days. Once your reward is fulfilled, please allow 10 to 15 days for mail delivery. Thank you."

Interesting. Right after a nasty email mentioning the FTC.
Old 06-18-01, 10:25 PM

Still no change in my status on the rebateshq website, despite my contacting OfficeMax corporate office a week ago for help. My next step will be the AG of Mass. in a few more days.
Old 06-18-01, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm in the same boat as everyone here; it's just taken me a while to get over here to share my experience.

I got the postcard a few weeks ago that said my rebate was invalidated because (i) I did not include a copy of the receipt, (ii) my purchase did not fall within the required dates, and (iii) my rebate request was not postmarked by the required date. Of course, all three reasons for refusal were false. I have resubmitted my paperwork with highlights on the dates and the word "receipt" where applicable (I have one from the OfficeMax website and one from the shipment itself). I suppose the rebate company could continue to stand by (iii) in refusing my request, at which point I will consider my alternatives, such as contacting OfficeMax, Prime Peripherals, and the BBB / state AG.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.