Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

OfficeMax rebate trouble.....

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

OfficeMax rebate trouble.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-01, 05:48 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone recieved the $45 rebate for the Office Max 200 CD-R's that they had in February? I'm still waiting, and no response from the rebate company.

Brett
Old 05-14-01, 06:04 PM

i haven't received my rebate yet - i think i sent it in around FEB 24th or so. i called the 800 number today and it said to wait an two extra weeks because of the "overwhelming response" - we'll see what happens.

Old 05-14-01, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't received mine yet either. Guess I'll wait 2 more weeks then call.
Old 05-14-01, 08:01 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Yeah I too was just wondering about that rebate we ALL seemed to have filled out the day the stores had them, sure do hope they come thru...
Old 05-14-01, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Try http://www.Rebatestatus.com

Supposedly its a company that will check on the status of your rebate?? I think. I've dealt with them once on a Compusa Language program that apparently the rebate meant 6 months instead of six weeks. Dirty Rebates. Never again. But try it out, they'll email you about 48 hours later with a status if they could find it.

Dear **********,

Thank you for sending your CompUSA rebate inquiry. I am showing you have a
valid $20.00 rebate request in our system. Once it has completed
processing, a check will be issued and mailed to you.

Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us by
visiting our website at http://www.rebatestatus.com.

Thank you,
Customer Service
http://www.rebatestatus.com
Old 05-14-01, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I emailed them last week and they told me to check their site this week. Well, I checked their site today and the status of a rebate I sent our last year came up. I emailed them back today but I have not yet received a reply. Will post when I get more info.
Their site:

http://www.forrebates.com
Old 05-14-01, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't heard anything yet either.
Old 05-15-01, 12:19 PM

I'm afraid the company doens't honor the rebate. $45 is alot of money...
Does anyone remember the website to check the rebate status?
Old 05-15-01, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

not to be a pain, but in the future, this kind of subject would be better served in the online store forum.

I hate rebate deals...
Old 05-15-01, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The email response I received today:

Dvdan,

Our fulfillment facility has assured us that all rebates will be entered into their system by the end of business Friday, May 18th. We ask that you check the website several times this week to see if your rebate has been entered. If by the end of business on Friday you still do not see your info in the system or have not received any confirmations then please contact me on Monday and we will give you the Fax number to which you may send copies to be entered. We apologize deeply for the inconvenience that this has caused you. We appreciate your patience and will forward your rebate check to you as soon possible.

Thank You
John Mahoney
Fulfillment Manager
Prime Peripherals
[email protected]

Old 05-15-01, 06:54 PM

http://www.forrebates.com is the web address that was on the rebate form. But when you click on #45, it takes you to http://www.rebateshq.com

Mine isn't showing up yet either and I got the same response as dvdan. I will not accept a $45 loss quietly, so they will definitely be hearing from me -- a lot -- if they don't come through soon.
Old 05-15-01, 07:29 PM

I received this today... I never e-mailed or called btw.

"We are happy to inform you that your rebate submission for
200 Pack CDR (CDR80B200B) Office Max only has been received.

Your rebate tracking number is: XXXXXXXX

You can review the status of your rebate any time at
http://www.rebateshq.com/tracking.jsp
Be sure to copy your tracking number because you will need it
for future reference.

Thank you from,
PRIME PERIPHERALS"

But when I go to that site and enter the number, it comes up with nothing. Strange.

Old 05-16-01, 10:07 AM

I received this email from them as well with a rebate tracking number but when I tried tracking it, it couldn't find the rebate. Strange.
Old 05-16-01, 11:45 AM

Originally posted by Bluesky
I'm afraid the company doens't honor the rebate. $45 is alot of money...
Does anyone remember the website to check the rebate status?
Not to brag, but I'm a rebate pro (addict?). I have submitted dozens, perhaps as many as 100 over the past 5 years. I have never been shafted on a rebate. I may have to call a few times, but I always get my rebate.

Be sure to call or send an email and specifically mention that you have copies of all rebate materials and can provide them if necessary. Say that even if you don't have copies (which you should!)

The only way you're going to get shafted out of a rebate is if you sit and do nothing.
Old 05-16-01, 12:32 PM

I haven't seen anything from this rebate either. Hrmm......
Old 05-18-01, 02:36 PM

Still not in the system on forrebates.com. I sent another email to John Mahoney. I suspect they do not have a toll-free fax number to submit the information again that was "lost". Who else is not showing up at all in the rebate status page?
Old 05-21-01, 12:51 AM
Cool New Member

The rebate tracking number that they gave me is also not showing up in the system, and I have not been getting responses from John Mahoney either. He probably has 784,678,655,444 emails to respond to, but they should have a better system in place for these things.
Old 05-21-01, 10:45 AM

Forgive my laziness, but I sent in my rebate card for this as well, and I *do* have a copy of it (lord knows where though, I never really figured I'd have to dig it out), so could someone be so kind as to inform me of where I have to call/email to complain about this so I can hopefully have a better chance of getting my rebate?

Thanks much!

- Jason
Old 05-21-01, 01:14 PM

I wrote an email to the customer service last week and here is what I received:

Dear XXXXX:

Thank you for your inquiry. For information regarding Prime Peripherals promotion 45, please call 1-877-783-3546. This is a toll free call.

Sincerely,

Derek

Special Services
Fax (972) 745-8803 or
P.O. Box 9022
Coppell, Tx. 75019
Old 05-21-01, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

STATUS NOW AVAILABLE

My $45 rebate has been shown for a few days now on http://www.rebateshq.com but, like many others, when I clicked on it... no info was available.

I just checked it again this afternoon, and it finally brings up the rebate info (received, validated, etc.)
However, just like all other RebatesHQ rebates, it doesn't say when the check will be mailed. My experience is that it's usually mailed 4-6 weeks after it shows up on the site.
Old 05-22-01, 08:37 AM
Cool New Member

Just got an e-mail from them saying my rebate was in the system and they included a tracking number. I was going to give them another week before I started checking on it.
Old 05-22-01, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received my email today also informing me that they have processed my rebate. Looking better!
Old 05-22-01, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Does anyone know the dates the CDs were supposed to be purchased for the rebate? I just checked my rebate and it says it was not purchased on the dates required for the rebate, when I KNOW I did...

I placed my order via Officemax.com on 2/18/01, and received it on 2/20/01. I would assume they would approve that being i purchased it on the required date.

Thanks!!!

[Edited by Ben732 on 05-22-01 at 06:51 AM]
Old 05-23-01, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't answer that, but my rebate request was deemed invalid because it didn't include a copy of the "purchase receipt". When, of course, I included a copy of the order confirmation page AND the shipping receipt, the first being something I printed for myself, and the second being the ONLY order-relevant paperwork included with my shipment. I guess I will resubmit...
Old 05-24-01, 08:35 AM

Originally posted by Ben732
Does anyone know the dates the CDs were supposed to be purchased for the rebate? I just checked my rebate and it says it was not purchased on the dates required for the rebate, when I KNOW I did...

I placed my order via Officemax.com on 2/18/01, and received it on 2/20/01. I would assume they would approve that being i purchased it on the required date.
From the rebate coupon: "Offer good on purchaese at OfficeMax from 2-18-01 through 2-20-01."

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.