Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

OfficeMax rebate trouble.....

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

OfficeMax rebate trouble.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-01, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still waiting....

Well, it's been 1 week since my last posting regarding this rebate and nothing has happened. No email, no phone calls, nada.

I hate Prime Peripherals and that rebate processing company.

Never again.....

sharpie00
Old 06-19-01, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by rockinphotog
Hmmm.

Now my status is "Fulfilling Reward"

Status Detail:
"Your rebate is valid and your reward is scheduled for fulfillment. This process may take 7 to 10 days. Once your reward is fulfilled, please allow 10 to 15 days for mail delivery. Thank you."

Interesting. Right after a nasty email mentioning the FTC.
Notice that your "reward" is only scheduled for fulfillment, i.e. the process of fulfillment has not yet begun. Once they do begin to process it, it will take at least ten days. Add to that 15 days for mail delivery. This means that, at best, we will not see our rebates for at least another month.
Old 06-19-01, 11:55 AM

Received 812 Likes on 528 Posts
I haven't written any letters, made no phone calls, and look what mine says... (minus my name and the check number):

I've had 5 rebates handled by these guys in the last year, and all but this one went off without a hitch... too bad this took a little longer, but I ain't complaining...

Bought it from the B&M on 2/19 and mailed the stuff in within a week... I did my part and they're doing theirs... albeit alot slower...
Old 06-19-01, 05:31 PM

Bought it from the B&M on 2/19 and mailed the stuff in within a week... I did my part and they're doing theirs... albeit alot slower... [/B]

Well, I suppose that's debateable. I sent mine on 2/21 and the rebate slip says 8-10 weeks for delivery. Tomorrow is 17 weeks for me. If they don't meet the time line they set, they ought to pay you interest for the delinquency. But then I put the odds of that happening right up there with Visa paying me interest when I send my payment in early ... yeah right, that's gonna happen! ;-)
Old 06-20-01, 02:09 AM
Cool New Member

Even though the status of this rebate seems to be changing once in a while, it makes you wonder if it's just another delaying tactic that they are using.

PP and RebatesHQ both sucks, IMHO.
Old 06-21-01, 09:37 AM

I came up with this idea from the mounds of mail I receive at work with my name often misspelled. Entering in "Jeffrey Bub" I came up with the Visioneer rebate. Entering in "Jeffrey Bud" I got the Prime Peripherals "Fulfilling Reward" status page. If you can think of other spellings of your name try it. At least I haven't been rejected.
Old 06-22-01, 12:52 AM
Cool New Member

Now when I go to their site today, it's asking for a username and passwd. What's up with that? When were we ever given a username/passwd. Anyone else is experiencing the same thing?
Old 06-26-01, 04:35 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

hummmm

I saw this post here along time ago and checked into my rebate about a month ago at

http://www.rebateshq.com/clients/par...ates/track.jsp

Mine basically said all the same info as most everyone else

"Your rebate is valid and your reward is scheduled for fulfillment"

but went again today (since still no check after months) and now it says

Check was printed on: 06/18/2001

so hopefully it's a good sign, unless the check never comes or worse that it comes and it ends up bouncing (like cyberrebates)...

Think I am done with the rebate offers online or B&M - just overall too much hassle.

Bill
Old 06-29-01, 04:05 AM

Location: Stuck in traffic on the 5 fwy somewhere in Los Angeles
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Still waiting, my lifetime ban on shopping at Officemax is in full effect. Officemax would have to pay me to step inside one of their stores like that would ever happen.

They (OfficeMax) are as guilty as the rebate company that is holding onto our cash IMO.
Old 06-29-01, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Amazing. I actually received a $45 rebate check today on this offer. Be careful, it is a single post card like check that could be confused as junk mail if just glancing at it.
Old 07-05-01, 01:46 PM

What rebate?!

I am still waiting with no word from OfficeMax, PP or the rebate company.

Am I the only one without a rebate?
Old 07-07-01, 01:37 AM

For those of you who have received your rebate check, what is the your rebate status listed on the RebatesHQ page? Mine says "Fulfilling Reward" and tells me that my check was printed on "06/24/2001", but I haven't received anything yet.

I'm a bit worried because some other items that were supposed to come in the mail haven't yet, namely several DVDs. I'm just hoping that the rebate check didn't get sent to the wrong address, stolen, etc. along with those DVDs.
Old 07-07-01, 08:02 AM
Cool New Member

I have already gotten my check and deposited it in the bank, but the website at parago still says fufilling reward.

Gee, it only took them 21 weeks to fufill my rebate, how fast!

Of course, it might not be parago's fault, Prime Peripherals might have dropped the ball.

Brett
Old 07-09-01, 06:40 PM

Update

I called the 800 number (1-888-221-4692) at rebateshq.com and tracked my rebate via the phone. The automated system indicated that the paperwork was received and my rebate was in process. The website still does not list my rebate at all. I guess I will have to wait another 4 weeks.
Old 07-10-01, 08:42 AM

For those who had to resubmit their paperworks(such as receipt), has anyone received their rebate yet. It's been over a month since my resubmission, I checked the status (via internet and the phone number) with the same old message (rebate is invalid blah blah...) wrote 4 emails, and never heard anything yet. I hate Prime Peripherals and Office Max.

I'm prepared for the worst, $45 for a lesson...
Old 07-11-01, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My status = your status, sorry to say. No news, no update, etc.
Old 07-11-01, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Bluesky
For those who had to resubmit their paperworks(such as receipt), has anyone received their rebate yet. It's been over a month since my resubmission, I checked the status (via internet and the phone number) with the same old message (rebate is invalid blah blah...) wrote 4 emails, and never heard anything yet. I hate Prime Peripherals and Office Max.

I'm prepared for the worst, $45 for a lesson...
I'm in the same boat my friend. I received a post card stating my rebate was invalid because my purchase was made outside the rebate period. I made a photocopy of the receipt (which was faxed to me from officemax) and mailed it in with their postcard as stated on the card. The website still says "postcard mailed on 5/22 requesting more information." I even circled the date of purchase on the receipt and wrote a note saying the Officemax Cust Service Rep I spoke to said the product was purchased, shipped and recieved within the rebate period (Period was 2/18 to 2/21) and I purchased the item on 2/18 and received it on 2/21.)

I'd love to email them, can you email them via RebatesHQ.com or is there another email address? I WANT MY $45!
Old 07-11-01, 08:25 AM
Cool New Member

I hate Prime Peripherals and Office Max!!! I've sent in the papers in February. My rebate status says that a check has been printed on 6/24/01 but I still haven't received it. I just called them to find out what's going on and they told me that it takes 15 business days to send the check. After the 15 days I will have to wait another 10 days to actually receive it. I can't believe this is actually happening.
Old 07-11-01, 09:20 AM

I did exactly the same as you. I included a copy of the delivery receipt (highlined the purchase date and the product), the post card, and a note that states I have fullfilled all the requirements of the rebate and left a phone number to contact me if they need more information. I sent this out right after I received the post card.

The status on the website didn't change (which is the same message as yours) and I tried the phone tracking system which gave me the same ****. I wrote them 4 emails and the last one I questioned if it was a trick for them to get customers to buy their products. The whole rebate process is frustrating and deceiving.

Other than the email, I really don't know how to get my money back, any ideas?

Originally posted by Ben732

I'm in the same boat my friend. I received a post card stating my rebate was invalid because my purchase was made outside the rebate period. I made a photocopy of the receipt (which was faxed to me from officemax) and mailed it in with their postcard as stated on the card. The website still says "postcard mailed on 5/22 requesting more information." I even circled the date of purchase on the receipt and wrote a note saying the Officemax Cust Service Rep I spoke to said the product was purchased, shipped and recieved within the rebate period (Period was 2/18 to 2/21) and I purchased the item on 2/18 and received it on 2/21.)

I'd love to email them, can you email them via RebatesHQ.com or is there another email address? I WANT MY $45!
Old 07-11-01, 09:29 AM

By the way, I emailed them via RebatesHQ.com and click customer services. There you will see a form.
Old 07-20-01, 02:55 AM

Any updates on the Prime Peripherals $45 CD-R rebate? My check was supposedly printed on 6/24, but I still haven't received anything. I would like to hear if anyone else whose checks were printed on or after this date have received their checks yet. Thanks.
Old 07-20-01, 08:00 AM
Cool New Member

iveal, I'm in the same situation as you are...check printed on 6/24 but I haven't received it yet.
Old 07-20-01, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Jasmine
iveal, I'm in the same situation as you are...check printed on 6/24 but I haven't received it yet.
Yeah your check was prob printed on the 24th, but it's sitting in a pile waiting for some minimum wage schlub to put a stamp on it...

I'm in a worse boat. When I received my CDs, there was no packing slip in the box, so I had to have officemax fax me a packing slip, which is what i included, which has the dates of my order and delivery on it. Both of which are within the rebate period.

I have a feeling I'll never see this $45, and if I do, it won't be until december. They're very slow. Lets see Rebates submitted in February and in MAY they finally showed up online.. 3 months later? That means I'll have to wait till October for them to even look at the info i resubmitted...

I should take the CDs (which I haven't opened other than to cut the UPC off the box) back to Office Max and demand a refund.
Old 07-20-01, 02:13 PM

Mine was printed on 6/18, and I still haven't seen it. This is getting ridiculous!
-------
update: I had to call them at 1-877-416-4692; there was no response to the online form that I filled out a couple days ago. They had the wrong address for me. They entered a 5 rather than a 3, so it never got to me. They're going to issue me a new check but said it will take *25* business days for this to happen.

Also, I had them check on another rebate (maxtor ata/100 card). The check has been printed, but they still said to allow 15 days for delivery. What do they do to these checks that slows them down so much?!!

Last edited by wizzy; 07-20-01 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-23-01, 02:25 PM

I have finally received my $45 CD-R rebate check today. For those of you still waiting, I wanted to let you know that it does come.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.