Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Lisa Marie Presley suffers cardiac arrest [Update: Dead at 54]

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Lisa Marie Presley suffers cardiac arrest [Update: Dead at 54]

Old 01-13-23, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: Lisa Marie Presley suffers cardiac arrest [Update: Dead at 54]

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post

Here's the lyrics to her song Lights out from her 2003 debut album, "To Whom It May Concern." It really hits home this morning.

Someone turned the lights out down in Memphis.
Thatís where my family is buried and gone.
Last time I was there, I noticed a space left next to them, there in Memphis. In the damn backyardÖ.

Lisa Marie Presley - Lights Out - YouTube
She's said in interviews that the space next to her Grandma Minnie in the Meditation Garden is where she is supposed to be buried at.
Old 01-13-23, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 172 Likes on 133 Posts

Lisa Marie Presley to Be Laid to Rest at Graceland

Lisa Marie Presley will be laid to rest alongside her father, Elvis Presley, and other family members. A rep for Lisa Marie's daughter, Riley Keough, tells ET that the singer's final resting place will be at Elvis' former home, Graceland, in Memphis, Tennessee, next to her son, Benjamin, who died in 2020 at age 27.

In addition to Benjamin, Elvis, his parents, Vernon and Gladys, and Elvis' grandmother, Minnie Mae, are all buried at Graceland. There is also a smaller memorial stone for Elvis' twin brother, Jessie, who died at birth.

At the time of her death, Lisa Marie had sole ownership of the Graceland mansion and its over 13-acre original grounds.

During an appearance on The Talk in 2013, she recalled having "the run of Graceland" while living there as a child. "I knew that nobody was going to tell me what to do because they would get fired," Lisa Marie shared. "I was truly a terror, to be honest."

Lisa Marie Presley to Be Laid to Rest at Graceland | Entertainment Tonight (etonline.com)

It's great to hear she will be laid to rest at Graceland with her family.
Old 01-22-23, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 172 Likes on 133 Posts

Lisa Marie's memorial service was held this morning at Graceland. To my surprise Axl Rose was there and sung November Rain. He sounded like crap.

Old 01-22-23, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 4,021 Likes on 2,725 Posts

OMG youíre right. He has to be sick, right? He didnít sound anything like that last Summer when I saw GNR in concert.