Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Your "bathroom break" concert tunes

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 03-15-22, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 752 Likes on 456 Posts

I'm a huge Springsteen fan but knowing that each show should have a performance of "Waiting on a Sunny Day" (complete with a kid from the audience singing a portion), is my cue to hit the bathroom and concessions.

What are your "bathroom" break tunes?
Old 03-15-22, 08:26 AM

Received 3,247 Likes on 2,205 Posts
Re: Your "bathroom break" concert tunes

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian View Post
I'm a huge Springsteen fan but knowing that each show should have a performance of "Waiting on a Sunny Day" (complete with a kid from the audience singing a portion), is my cue to hit the bathroom and concessions.

What are your "bathroom" break tunes?
Ugh... I hate when he does that. And I usually go to multiple shows in the area, so it's just night after night of Sunny Day cringe. I'm usually in GA though, so I don't go to the bathroom.

Not counting two Broadway shows and some other appearances... I can't believe its going to be 6 (and more likely 7) years since I've seen him live.
Old 03-15-22, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 3,787 Likes on 2,551 Posts

Taken directly from the Guns N Roses new song thread:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
I am seeing them at Allegiant Stadium in less than three weeks. I need to learn that opening riff forward and backwards so that the moment I hear it played I can make it to the bathroom before the rush.
Originally Posted by sleepyhead55 View Post
Oof that's cold.
Originally Posted by Obi-Wanma View Post
Or you could just look at setlist.fm, they aren't changing it up very much.

So far it's consistently right after Let Me Be Your Dog and right before Civil War
Forgot to mention : This was great advice. Headed to the restroom at the start of Let Me Be Your Dog (with Duff on vocals -- their equivalent of Keith Richards doing "Happy" during a Stones show), then waited in the beer line, and back to my seats, beer in hand, in time for Civil War.
Also serves as a reminder that I have seen the Stones like six times over the years and have made a bathroom stop during the Keith Richards song (usually “Happy” or “Slipping Away” in the last five of them. If it’s good enough for Mick, it’s good enough for me.
Old 03-15-22, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
Ugh... I hate when he does that. And I usually go to multiple shows in the area, so it's just night after night of Sunny Day cringe. I'm usually in GA though, so I don't go to the bathroom.

Not counting two Broadway shows and some other appearances... I can't believe its going to be 6 (and more likely 7) years since I've seen him live.
Yeah, not to hijack the thread topic, but I'm totally with you. I'd take TWO Sunny Days to be on E Street again.
Old 03-15-22, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

I always think it's funny going to see the Rolling Stones. There is always a point in the show where Mick goes backstage & Keith takes the lead on a couple of his songs. You can see a tide of people flowing to the bathrooms.
Old 03-15-22, 10:16 AM

Re : the sidetrack :
Six years, not counting Broadway? Boo fuckin Hoo. I last saw Springsteen (my second Springsteen show after LA Sports Arena, 1988) in 1999 at the first concert ever held at Indianapolis' then just-opened Conseco Fieldhouse. And they didn't know how to set up the sound system, so it sounded so muddy and terrible that Billy Joel would make a joke about it a few months later ("I've heard even basketball sounds bad in this arena"). Had tickets to another show in 2002 but it got rescheduled due to Clemons eye surgery and moved to a date that I couldn't make because it was my mom's 60th birthday party in LA. Moved to Vegas the next year and he has NEVER come here in those ensuing 19 years. Not once. Maybe now that we have an NFL stadium...
Old 03-15-22, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Six years, not counting Broadway? Boo fuckin Hoo. I last saw Springsteen (my second Springsteen show after LA Sports Arena, 1988) in 1999 at the first concert ever held at Indianapolis' then just-opened Conseco Fieldhouse. And they didn't know how to set up the sound system, so it sounded so muddy and terrible that Billy Joel would make a joke about it a few months later ("I've heard even basketball sounds bad in this arena"). Had tickets to another show in 2002 but it got rescheduled due to Clemons eye surgery and moved to a date that I couldn't make because it was my mom's 60th birthday party in LA. Moved to Vegas the next year and he has NEVER come here in those ensuing 19 years. Not once. Maybe now that we have an NFL stadium...
He just said in a recent interview that a new tour is coming pretty soon so here's hoping you get some Boss Time this year.
The following users liked this post:
Decker (03-15-22)
Old 03-15-22, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

He doesn't play it often live, but "God's Own Drunk" by Jimmy Buffett is definitely that song for me. It is such a boring song live.
Old 03-15-22, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 688 Likes on 533 Posts

"We've got a new album coming out next month, and here's a few songs from it"
tommyp007 (03-15-22)
Old 03-15-22, 12:27 PM

Received 3,247 Likes on 2,205 Posts

Well... at least you now have a reason to come to the east coast and can schedule a visit around tour dates.
Old 03-15-22, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts

Piggy by Nine Inch Nails

Aside from the kinda jazzy ending, I've never liked that song. It's generally played in the middle of the setlist, and a ton of people like it, so I can jet to the bathroom and back in time to catch the last minute or so.
Old 03-15-22, 01:29 PM

Not a song, but when Bono starts talking in his serious voice about the environment or global poverty....
tommyp007 (03-19-22)
Old 03-19-22, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 158 Likes on 104 Posts

I have never once left a show to go to the bathroom. I take care of that during intermission.
Old 03-19-22, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 150 Posts

Any rock band playing a ballad. I wanna rock not listen to that sappy shit.

Last time I saw Nickelback I could have pissed for half the concert...spent a lot of time getting beers.
Old 03-19-22, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Not a bathroom break song, but my favorite band is guaranteed to play their biggest #1 hit as the last song of the night...I hit the parking lot faster than you can say "Chicken Fried" by the Zac Brown Band.