Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

2021 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

2021 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-21, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 893 Likes on 577 Posts
Re: 2021 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees

Originally Posted by Decker
In all seriousness, in what reality would The Foo Fighters not get right in? They are the last huge arena act, commercially successful, critically acclaimed Classic Rock band in existence.
To complain about them getting inducted into the HoF would be like complaining about Greg Maddox, Derek Jeter or Clayton Kershaw getting inducted into the Baseball HoF on the first ballot. They check every single box. Whether they were the greatest ever at their position is irrelevant. They're getting right in.
not saying they don’t deserve to get in. I’m just sick of all these bands/groups getting in on the first or second ballot leapfrogging acts that have been nominated or eligible for years.
I get it they’re massively popular. I own their first four, but you can’t tell me they were more important or influential than Iron Maiden, Motörhead, Judas Priest, Devo or Warren Zevon. Also why the fuck aren’t the Swampers in there. All these bands should have been in years ago.
Old 05-13-21, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 123 Posts

There is always gonna be a laundry list. Dave himself said he's been pushing for Bad Brains for years. Same with DEVO. He's only one vote.

The issue is, they need a massive catch-up program. Induct an extra two from those that have been nominated multiple times, without winning. Maybe an extra inductees for particular categories (Metal has been overlooked)

As long as there are multiple bands that haven't gotten in like Maiden and Devo, etc., people will bitch about anyone like Foo. (Who are completely fucking deserving)
Old 11-20-21, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,710 Likes on 4,574 Posts

Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony is on HBO tonight then streaming on Max