Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Tool - Fear Inoculum - August 30, 2019 -- IT IS FINALLY HAPPENING

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Tool - Fear Inoculum - August 30, 2019 -- IT IS FINALLY HAPPENING

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-19, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Re: Tool - Fear Inoculum - August 30, 2019 -- IT IS FINALLY HAPPENING

Humorously enough, it's already the 8th best selling album of the year despite it currently being unavailable.
Old 11-18-19, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
They must really want people to pirate this release.
They probably already (correctly) do assume most just pirate the album, so why not fleece those who do not, by adding something "substantial" to it like a screen or a book, in order to increase the profit margins to make up for those who do pirate.

Old 11-20-19, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rival11
?? 60 bucks? I only paid 35 bucks for the first release at a target - you can get this new book version along with 10,000 days and lateralus for 54 bucks.
With shipping and tax on their website - when they "found" extra sold-out stock - it came out to just about $60.
Old 11-21-19, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I bought it this weekend on Amazon for $32.
Old 11-21-19, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

How much is the original version going for these days?
Old 11-21-19, 01:39 PM
Old 11-21-19, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Ok, LOL, I have this version, I'll gladly take $1200 for it!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TOOL-Fear-I...QAAOSw8cxdbZry
Old 10-11-20, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Guess Maynard got the 'Rona back in February, and may have gotten permanent lung damage...

Maynard James Keenan on recovering from COVID-19

How Keenan is dealing with COVID-19

Q: What was it like to have your plans for the entire year upended?

A: Well, I'm not a delicate flower. You make the adjustment. "OK, well, we can't do that. So what are we gonna do? Are we just gonna take this opportunity to unplug and kind of step back and reevaluate everything?" It was good. I mean, I was still recovering from having gotten COVID at the end of February. I'm still dealing with the residual effects. But it was ugly. I survived it, but it wasn't pretty. So I definitely had to deal with that.

Q: Wow. I didn't realize you had COVID.

A: Um... yeah. I kind of didn't want to run around screaming it. But it's real. And there's after-effects. I had to go through some major medications to undo the residual effects. Still coughing. There's still lung damage.

Q: Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear that.

A: Several of my friends, too. Very not old people, young people, in shape, runners, who contracted it as well. And they're still dealing with some of the after-effects. I lost a few family members.

Q: Man, I'm so sorry to hear all that. Are you feeling all right now?

A: Well no. I still have the cough. Every other day, I have these coughing fits because my lungs are still damaged at the tips. And I just got over the inflammation that was going on with my wrist and hands. I had an autoimmune attack on my system in the form of, like, a rheumatoid arthritis. Basically, from what I understand, it attacks weird spots and it's random. So that's what I got. That was my prize.

Q: That is awful. Well, I guess the fact that you’re releasing the album at a time when you can't really tour doesn't make much of a difference if you wouldn't want to be out touring right now anyway, given what you're going through.

A: Yeah, I mean, if we just knew more. That's always the paradox, right? You want to know more. You want to do things. And then when you go out to find out, you end up being sick (laughs) and having to go home. There's so much information out there, some of it not accurate, so you don't really know how to react. I would love to go out on tour. But I wouldn't want to put my family through that if something awful happened to friends or family because of it.

His thoughts on personal freedoms

Q: I definitely understand that. What appealed to you about the title, “Existential Reckoning"?

A: Well, it was a line in one of the songs. I had another title in mind. But that one felt like it fit more. So I made the adjustment. It was just that downtime that we had to reflect. I was hoping that would actually work to our benefit as a collective, to just kind of look at things better, step back, reevaluate our role and think "How can we make the world better today?" And it didn't really happen (laughs). They all started eating each other. Every conversation — online, especially. When you have the luxury of anonymity, every conversation starts with an argument. There's no, 'Hey, can we all figure this out? Let's figure out what we can do to make the world a better place.' It's just a polarized mess. I thought maybe the lockdown would help people kind of reevaluate and see how we can build rather than fight. Maybe there's still hope. I don't know. I feel like there's hope. Maybe that's because I'm an optimistic pessimist, I guess.

Q: It does seem like we're just more polarized than ever now. People even turn whether or not to wear a mask into reasons to hate each other.

A: Yeah, that's ridiculous. It's just an absurdity. We wear seatbelts. We don't smoke in trains, planes or taxis anymore, or even restaurants. There's reasons for those things. I don't know. I feel like there's this twist on the idea of personal freedom where somehow freedom is you being able to walk into anybody's house and take a dump on their meal or shout ugly things at their grandma. That's not what freedom is. Freedom is the ability to pursue your lifestyle, pursue what you want to do for your family, for your future, what education you want to get. And with that freedom comes a responsibility to look out for yourself, for your neighbor, for your family, for everybody. So there are some compromises that come along with freedom. I'm not sure why that's so difficult to grasp.

Q: Right. There always have been reasonable limits on our freedoms.

A: I don't know. It seems like a simple concept. I have friends that disagree, and we have civil discussions about it. That's what you do. You have civil discussions with the understanding that the idea is that we want the best for everybody. So if we disagree, let's have a conversation about it. If we have the same goal, we should figure out if we're just looking at it from different perspectives.
More, non-covid stuff at the link.
Old 10-15-20, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

... It's just an absurdity. We wear seatbelts. We don't smoke in trains, planes or taxis anymore, or even restaurants. There's reasons for those things. I don't know. I feel like there's this twist on the idea of personal freedom where somehow freedom is you being able to walk into anybody's house and take a dump on their meal or shout ugly things at their grandma. ...

This is sadly accurate, but
Old 10-16-20, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

This thread bump reminds me... still no damn vinyl!