Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Motley Crue - Final Tour (then breakup) [Update: back together]

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Motley Crue - Final Tour (then breakup) [Update: back together]

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-19, 05:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts
Re: Motley Crue - Final Tour (then breakup) [Update: back together]

Just added Kansas City (among 6 other new cities) on June 23rd at Kauffman Stadium. I have to work that day, anyway.
Old 12-19-19, 07:34 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Vince will probably get more lipo again if anything. Sixx looks great for a 61 year old. He just posted some pics of his back flexing and looks fit. I notice Tommy Lee is dying his beard stubble, which make shim look weird. haha
I saw that as well and was surprised how many physical ailments he went through over the years that required either surgery or some type of rehabilitation. I suppose performing for 30 years takes its physical toll along the way.
Old 12-19-19, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

I read that 7 shows have already sold out. I have to admit I am shocked that it is doing this well so quickly. With fees two OK tickets would cost about $400+.
Old 10-27-22, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts

Last time I've checked from the Motley Crie Facebook page they are still doing their Stadium tour that was postponed because of Covid but Mick Mars has officially retired from touring with the band due to his health. https://variety.com/2022/music/news/...ng-1235415269/

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 10-28-22 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-27-22, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

And they have confirmed that John 5 has joined Motley Crue to finish touring. Mike Riggs is with Rob Zombie finishing that tour.
The following users liked this post:
Bluelitespecial (10-27-22)
Old 10-27-22, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

I'm surprised Mick could hold out for as long as he did. Last time I saw them, I think it was back in '05, on the Carnival of Sins tour, he looked really small and frail, and barely moved.

The bone disease he has sounds horrific. All back pain sucks, but when your vertebrae are fusing together...
Old 10-28-22, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I'm surprised Mick could hold out for as long as he did. Last time I saw them, I think it was back in '05, on the Carnival of Sins tour, he looked really small and frail, and barely moved.

The bone disease he has sounds horrific. All back pain sucks, but when your vertebrae are fusing together...
One of my brothers has AS and I have been tested and told that I carry the gene but no signs of it. Pretty rough disease to live with.
Old 11-01-22, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts

Interesting that in Mick Mars' statement, he's retiring from touring... but Motley Crue's statement, he's retired from the band.

Mick's statement
Mick Mars, co-founder and lead guitarist of the heavy metal band Mötley Crüe for the past 41 years, has announced today that due to his ongoing painful struggle with Ankylosing Spondylitis (A.S.), he will no longer be able to tour with the band. Mick will continue as a member of the band, but can no longer handle the rigors of the road. A.S. is an extremely painful and crippling degenerative disease, which affects the spine.
Crue's statement
While change is never easy, we accept Mick’s decision to retire from the band due to the challenges with his health,” they wrote on social media. “We have watched Mick manage his Ankylosing Spondylitis for decades and he has always managed it with utmost courage and grace. To say ‘enough is enough’ is the ultimate act of courage. Mick’s sound helped define Mötley Crüe from the minute he plugged in his guitar at our very first rehearsal together. The rest, as they say, is history. We’ll continue to honor his musical legacy. We will carry out Mick’s wish and continue to tour the world as planned in 2023. No doubt will it take an absolutely outstanding musician to fill Mick’s shoes so we are grateful that our good friend John 5 has agreed to come on board and join us moving forward.

There's nothing in the Crue version about this being for tours only.

Interesting...
Old 11-01-22, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

At this point, I think touring is all they'll be doing. I don't think they'll record any new albums. Maybe a new single every now and then, which Mick could probably guest on if he wanted to.

Guy's 71 and his body has turned against him. If I were him, I'd take all of my money, make a clean break from the band, and enjoy whatever years and health I have left.
Old 11-03-22, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 913 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Interesting that in Mick Mars' statement, he's retiring from touring... but Motley Crue's statement, he's retired from the band.

Mick's statement

Crue's statement

There's nothing in the Crue version about this being for tours only.

Interesting...
Here in Rockford IL, we call that being Bun E. Carlos'ed!
The following users liked this post:
Toddarino (11-04-22)
Old 04-06-23, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts

Apparently Mick Mars wasn't retiring and he was being kicked out of the band and devested from his stake in the profits. He just filed a lawsuit over it. https://variety.com/2023/music/news/...al-1235575521/
Old 05-10-23, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts

If you have SiriusXM... this afternoon on his show, Eddie Trunk has John 5's first live interview since joining Motley Crue.
Old 08-03-23, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

The Crue appears to be finally jumping into the Super Deluxe Edition bandwagon, but this looks like weak sauce, as far as content for the price, to me. At least the KISS and Metallica sets have had tons of previously unreleased demos and alternative tracks along with the various paraphernalia. The few they are including here have already been released previously. Who really wants all three formats in one set, plus 45's?

Motley Crue Announces 'Shout at the Devil' 40th-Anniversary Box (ultimateclassicrock.com)

Amazon.com: Shout At The Devil (40th Anniversary Box Set): CDs & Vinyl Amazon.com: Shout At The Devil (40th Anniversary Box Set): CDs & Vinyl
(currently $235)

The deluxe Year of the Devil box set features the original album on CD, cassette and orange and yellow splatter vinyl, along with the Shout at the Demos & Rarities disc on red and white splatter vinyl. It also includes 7” singles of “Looks That Kill” and “Too Young to Fall in Love,” band member tarot cards, a pentagram seance board, lithograph art prints and more devilish paraphernalia.

Motley Crue, 'Year of the Devil' Track Listing
Shout at the Devil
1. In the Beginning
2. Shout at the Devil
3. Looks That Kill
4. Bastard
5. God Bless the Children of the Beast
6. Helter Skelter
7. Red Hot
8. Too Young to Fall in Love
9. Knock ‘Em Dead, Kid
10. Ten Seconds to Love
11. Danger

Shout at the Demos & Rarities
1. Shout at the Devil (Demo)
2. Looks That Kill (Demo)
3. Knock ‘Em Dead, Kid (Demo)
4. Too Young to Fall in Love (Demo)
5. Hotter Than Hell (Demo for “Louder Than Hell”)
6. I Will Survive (Demo)
7. Black Widow (Demo)

The demos and rarities should be familiar to hardcore Crue fans. Demos of “Shout at the Devil,” “Looks That Kill,” “Too Young to Fall in Love,” “I Will Survive” and “Hotter Than Hell” (which became “Louder Than Hell” on 1985’s
Theatre of Pain) all appeared on the 2003 reissue of Shout at the Devil. The “Knock ‘Em Dead, Kid” demo first appeared on 1999’s Supersonic and Demonic Relics, and “Black Widow” was included on 2005’s Red, White & Crue.

Old 08-03-23, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If I get that, I'm going to use that Ouija board to contact Razzle!
The following 3 users liked this post by Josh-da-man:
emanon (08-06-23), The Cow (08-03-23), Why So Blu? (08-03-23)