Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Motley Crue - Final Tour (then breakup) [Update: back together]

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Motley Crue - Final Tour (then breakup) [Update: back together]

Old 01-15-15, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts
re: Motley Crue - Final Tour (then breakup) [Update: back together]

Originally Posted by dex14
So the ACTUAL final tour is THIS year. Should be announcing soon.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/motley-crue-last-show/

I thought the tour last year was it, but the contract they signed states now touring AFTER 2015.
And next year it will say something else.
Old 01-15-15, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,187 Likes on 1,492 Posts

I saw the Crue way back when on their Girls, Girls, Girls and Dr. Feelgood tours, and Alice on his Raise your Fist and Yell and Trash tours, so I'm good.
Old 01-15-15, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,875 Posts

That didn't take them long.
Old 01-16-15, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Yeah, the good seats at Verizon are way too expensive and I don't do lawn or shitty seats anymore.
Me neither, so I got my free lawn tickets, scanned them in Photoshop and changed the seating assignment to orch. Got my lawn seats scanned at the front, showed my orch tickets to some hourly lackey and - bam - front row for the show.
Old 01-19-15, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

It's still the same tour. What's the controversy?

I remember tours lasting 2-3 years in the early 90s. GNR's Use Your Illusion tour and Metallica's black album tour both went forever.
Old 01-20-15, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by GuessWho
It's still the same tour. What's the controversy?
Because their performance in my hometown wasn't the last one ever?

Spoiler:
I'm more pissed we only got a small portion of the Python (or whatever they called the drum gag). Thought it was cool that it hung out over the first few rows until I saw a video of it in an indoor arena and it went all the way back to the soundboard.
Old 01-20-15, 09:46 PM
Premium Member

Received 690 Likes on 462 Posts

New Motley Crue song - "All Bad Things":

Old 01-22-15, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FREE ON GOOGLEPLAY THIS WEEK!!! Click cover for link!

1. "Too Fast for Love" 3:26
2. "Shout at the Devil" 3:16
3. "Looks That Kill" 4:09
4. "Too Young to Fall in Love" 3:33
5. "Smokin' in the Boys Room" 3:28
6. "Home Sweet Home" 4:01
7. "Wild Side" 4:42
8. "Girls, Girls, Girls" 4:30
9. "Dr. Feelgood" 4:51
10. "Kickstart My Heart" 4:44
11. "Same Ol' Situation (S.O.S.)" 4:14
12. "Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)" 4:40
13. "Without You" 4:30
14. "Primal Scream" 4:47
15. "Sick Love Song" 4:19
16. "Afraid" 4:09
17. "If I Die Tomorrow" 3:42
18. "Saints of Los Angeles" 3:40
19. "The Animal In Me (remix)" 4:16
20. "Girls, Girls, Girls (from Live Around The World 1989-1990)" 5:42
21. "Red Hot (from Live Around The World 1989-1990)" 3:21
22. "All in the Name of... (from Live Around The World 1989-1990)" 4:54
23. "Dr. Feelgood (from Live Around The World 1989-1990)" 6:41
Greatest Hits (stylized as Greate$t Hit$ on the album cover) also known as (Greatest Hits Updated) is a reissue of Mötley Crüe's 1998 compilation of the same name. The album contains a remix version of "The Animal In Me". The jewel case packaging is a red version of the original version's cover.

The track listing is composed of the band's greatest hits, featuring only the original line-up of Tommy Lee, Mick Mars, Vince Neil, and Nikki Sixx. Therefore, songs from the albums Mötley Crüe and New Tattoo are not included, due to the absences of Neil and Lee. It will also be the last album released by the band before their retirement in 2015.
Old 01-23-15, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

The 2-disc Red White & Crue is far superior
Old 01-23-15, 07:06 PM
Premium Member

Received 690 Likes on 462 Posts

So they aren't even including their new song on their last album? I suppose it could be a bonus track, that seems to be the thing to do these days.
Old 01-26-15, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GuessWho
The 2-disc Red White & Crue is far superior
I definately agree with that (I sold the original issue of the Greatest Hits and bought Red, White & Crue) but free is free and this does have a few songs not on the 2 disc set.
Spoiler:
"Live Wire" 3:15
"Piece of Your Action" 4:40
"Toast of the Town" 3:14
"Black Widow" (Previously unreleased) 4:26
"Helter Skelter" 3:12
"Use It or Lose It" 2:39
"You're All I Need" 4:43
"All in the Name of..." 3:39
"Anarchy in the U.K." 3:20
"Home Sweet Home 2005 Version" (feat. string arrangements by David Campbell) 4:01
"Hooligan's Holiday" (Brown Nose Edit) 5:20
"Misunderstood" (Successful Format Version) 4:58
"Planet Boom" 3:23
"Bittersuite" 3:19
"Afraid" (Alternative Rave Mix) 4:08
"Beauty" 3:46
"Generation Swine" 4:40
"Bitter Pill" 4:26
"Enslaved" 4:30
"Hell on High Heels" 4:16
"New Tattoo" (Single version) 4:02
"Street Fighting Man" (Previously unreleased) 3:31
"I'm a Liar (That's the Truth)" (Previously unreleased) 3:11

Originally Posted by The Cow
So they aren't even including their new song on their last album? I suppose it could be a bonus track, that seems to be the thing to do these days.
Yeah Sex wasn't included on a CD either. It was originally released as the first single from their intended tenth studio album, but was dropped when bassist Nikki Sixx announced that there will not be another studio album before the end of their last tour.
Old 01-28-15, 09:28 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Isn't this the exact same as their 2009 Greatest Hits release, only with a modified version of the 1998 Greatest Hits artwork?

On a side note, I caught this tour in November. They still put on a hell of a show... the over-the-top theatrics and 80s-style excess was easily the best I've seen from them (3rd time seeing them live). On the negative, while the band was fine, Vince's voice is shot. He wasn't so much singing as he was straining to get the lyrics out. He was passable enough if you didn't focus on him, but on ballads this became a bit difficult to do.

On the flipside, Alice Cooper still sounded great even though he has 13 years on Neil. His show wasn't quite as elaborate as Crue's, but it had a great carnival spookhouse vibe.

Last edited by DRG; 01-28-15 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-18-19, 09:13 AM

Received 4,551 Likes on 3,087 Posts

“There is no amount of money that would ever make me do it again because I have such pride in how we’re ending it,” Nikki Sixx said in 2014

Mötley Crüe, Def Leppard, Poison Set 2020 Stadium Tour

Mötley Crüe are ripping up their “cessation of touring agreement” and hitting the road next year for a U.S. stadium tour with fellow hard rock acts Poison and Def Leppard, sources confirm to Rolling Stone. While specific dates and venues have yet to be announced, the three acts will perform at stadiums around the country.

Mötley Crüe played 158 shows on their 2014/15 Final Tour, wrapping up with a hometown show at the Forum in Los Angeles on December 31st, 2015. Prior to the tour, the band claimed to sign a “cessation of touring agreement,” which they said was a binding document that would prohibit them from ever playing again after the tour ended. At the time, the group’s management failed to produce this alleged document despite repeated requests.

“Legally, we can’t play again,” bassist Nikki Sixx claimed to Rolling Stone backstage at a 2014 show in Denver. “The only loophole is if all four band members agreed to do it, we could override our own contract. But we know that will never happen. There are people in this band who will refuse to ever do it again, and you’re talking to one of them. There is no amount of money that would ever make me do it again because I have such pride in how we’re ending it.”

“If anybody ever – and I don’t believe anybody ever would – would call any other band members and say, ‘Hey, it’s been 10 years, let’s just do 10 shows. A million a pop,’ it could never happen unless all four band members agreed,” Sixx added. “And if we did agree, the way we’ve set it up – including this conversation right now – we’d have so much egg on our face. We have so much pride that that alone would stop it.”

Reports of a possible Mötley Crüe reunion have been circulating the past few weeks, with the official Mötley Crüe Twitter account sharing a fan petition calling for the band to reunite and adding “This is interesting…” (The Tweet was later deleted.) Reps for Mötley Crüe, Def Leppard and Poison did not immediately reply to requests for comment.

Def Leppard remain one of the most popular touring acts in rock. They stayed largely out of the U.S. this year with the exception of their Las Vegas residency where they broke out extreme rarities like “Die Hard the Hunter” from 1983’s Pyromania and “Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad” from 1992’s Adrenalize. In 2018, they played a highly-successful co-headlining tour of U.S. arenas and stadiums with Journey. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame earlier this year.

“We are having an Indian summer and it’s because we have this integrity,” guitarist Phil Collen told Rolling Stone the night of the induction ceremony. “We never stopped actually in the 40-odd years that the band’s together. We just keep going through thick and thin, all the bad stuff, good stuff. And I think that shows, and we’re just enjoying this Indian summer.”

Def Leppard toured with Poison in 2017, which marked the first outing by the Bret Michaels-led band since 2012. In 2011, they toured with Mötley Crüe and the New York Dolls. It was the first time to two biggest bands of the hair metal era hit the road together. Unlike nearly every other act from that time, both bands still have all of their original members.

Mötley Crüe will join a long list of acts that continue to tour after farewell tours including Kiss, the Who, Black Sabbath, Phil Collins, Ozzy Osbourne, Tina Turner, Cher and LCD Soundsystem.

In February, Sixx reiterated to Rolling Stone that the group had no plans to reform even as he expressed doubts about the decision. “Sometimes I look out at my friends, like the guys in Aerosmith and Metallica, and I’m like, ‘God damn it, did we retire too soon?’” he said. “But there will be no one-offs in our future. Maybe we’ll just get together and jam in Mick Mars’ front room.”
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...m-tour-913823/
Old 11-18-19, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

So, maybe this is not a great idea?

Old 11-18-19, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,875 Posts

Can't say I'm surprised, though I thought they might hold out a little longer.

I am surprised that Mick is (seemingly) up for it. He's seventy years old and seems to be frail and in poor health due to the degenerative bone disease he has. When I saw them fifteen years ago, he looked like he was about four feet tall and sixty pounds.
Old 11-18-19, 01:14 PM

That video is painfully hilarious.
Old 11-18-19, 01:40 PM

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

funniest thing I've seen in a while
Old 11-18-19, 04:27 PM

Now official:
“Almost 6 years after signing a Cessation of Touring agreement, the contract is off the table because a whole new generation of Crüeheads are relentlessly demanding for the band to come back together. Following the huge success of their Netflix biopic The Dirt, Mötley Crüe has seen a massive surge in new audience. And the band best known for breaking the rules has destroyed their cessation of touring contract in true Mötley Crüe-fashion, by literally blowing it up.

After 35 years together on stage, and 30 years since the release of Dr. Feelgood, the members of Mötley Crüe parted ways without speaking to each other after their Final Show on December 31, 2015. Vince, Nikki, Mick and Tommy didn’t come together again until 2018 to participate in the making of The Dirtmovie, which unexpectedly brought them closer together again including seeing them head back into the recording studio after having gone in their own directions for several years. The fuse was lit.”

Old 11-18-19, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,150 Likes on 900 Posts
Re: Motley Crue - Final Tour (then breakup) [Update: back together]

I don’t even know why bands announce end of the road or farewell tours. It seems like so many that do inevitably end up back together sooner or later. I suppose it’s just a marketing thing but still.
Old 11-18-19, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 543 Likes on 338 Posts

Going to wait to catch them on their next farewell tour when they open for KISS at their newest farewell tour.
Old 11-19-19, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts

That video is amazing.
Old 11-19-19, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 475 Likes on 349 Posts

Wow. Motley Crue was a total joke on their last tour (playing with pre-recorded guitar, keyboard, and vocal tracks). I'm sure people can't wait to watch them fake it again!

I'm just not one of them.

When I saw them around 2000 (the tour with Samantha Maloney on drums) the use of backing vocal tracks ruined that show for me - it was so obvious and LOUD. I can't imagine anyone wanting to see a band play to backing guitar & keyboard tracks as well as vocal tracks.

And Mick is old and frail. He can't really be up for this tour. I'm shocked he's going along with it.
Old 11-19-19, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,187 Likes on 1,492 Posts

As I said here nearly five years ago, I saw the Crue twice in the 80's, so I don't need to see this and ruin my memories of seeing them play live.
Old 11-19-19, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 131 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
I don’t even know why bands announce end of the road or farewell tours. It seems like so many that do inevitably end up back together sooner or later. I suppose it’s just a marketing thing but still.
The first official "farewell" tour I recall is "The Who" in 1982 when Roger Daltry was 38 years-old. Thirty-seven years later, they're still going.

With Motley Crue I'll save my $187 and watch the cellphone videos uploaded to youtube from the guys in the front row who paid $700 a ticket.
Old 11-21-19, 10:51 AM

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by orangerunner
With Motley Crue I'll save my $187 and watch the cellphone videos uploaded to youtube from the guys in the front row who paid $700 a ticket.
This

And more popular than ever? I get that they were basking in the limelight once again with the minor success they had with The Dirt and there probably is opportunity to capitalize on that more. Will be interesting to see where they play and crowds they draw. I too likely will not be one of them.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.