Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

The all things METALLICA thread!

Old 12-10-13, 10:41 PM
  #151  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
gerrythedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inglewood, Ca.
Posts: 6,765
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
That's pretty cool. I like that Asian v-jay or whatever she was. She was speaking Spanish with a Chilean accent I think. Very sexy.
yeah... ok forget what I wrote before, "don't skip the first 31 minutes"
gerrythedon is offline  
Old 12-10-13, 11:55 PM
  #152  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 29,774
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

Why So Blu? is offline  
Old 12-18-13, 10:59 PM
  #153  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
gerrythedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inglewood, Ca.
Posts: 6,765
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

amazing interview with Jason, a bit long but man the honest behind the scenes stuff, especially on the day he quit I'm watching it again





the first 4 minutes is about him becoming a bass player, then it turns to Metallica.
gerrythedon is offline  
Old 01-07-14, 01:39 PM
  #154  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
gerrythedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inglewood, Ca.
Posts: 6,765
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

Grammy Awards Performance

Happy New Year! We are psyched to be kicking off 2014 with a return to the 56th Annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, January 26. We’ll be celebrating the 25th anniversary of being the first hard rock band to ever perform on the show and it will be our first visit to the Grammy stage since 1992.

This will be one of the most unique performances of our career as we will be joined by renowned concert pianist Lang Lang, who has played on stages all over the world including the opening ceremonies at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, a White House state dinner, World Cup ceremonies, and the Nobel Prize concert in Stockholm, among many other acclaimed appearances.

We are also very proud that the Through The Never soundtrack has been nominated for a Grammy for Best Recording Package and we're hoping for another win for our friends from Turner Duckworth, who also designed the Death Magnetic art and took home the mini gramophone in 2009.

Check your local listings for the awards show on CBS or for more information visit www.grammy.com.
gerrythedon is offline  
Old 01-07-14, 04:36 PM
  #155  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 7,924
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

Interesting. Would have been cooler to have chosen Yoshiki (X JAPAN) though.
VHS? is offline  
Old 01-16-14, 10:09 PM
  #156  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
gerrythedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inglewood, Ca.
Posts: 6,765
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

Metallica Eyes Start of Next Album Amid Other Projects

The rockers could start work on the followup to "Death Magnetic" in a few weeks.

Metallica is eyeballing the start of its next album, finally, after a busy couple of weeks ahead -- including guitarist Kirk Hammett's inaugural FEAR FestEvil in San Francisco, a GRAMMYs performance with classical pianist Lang Lang and the DVD/Blu-ray release of "Metallica Through the Never."

Hammett tells Billboard that the quartet will start working on the follow-up to 2008's "Death Magnetic" "in a couple of weeks. When we start, that's going to be our main priority, and we're pretty excited about it because we've been saying we need to start working on this album, but we've been procrastinating greatly with it. We've pretty much come up with every sort of excuse we can not to start work on the album, but we've run out of excuses, so we pretty much have to start work on it now."

Some of the foot-dragging, Hammett says, is the idea of facing a plethora of musical ideas the group has assembled. "We're a band that never has a shortage of ideas," he notes. "You hear about these bands that are sitting in the studio and they don't have any songs, what are they gonna do? That's not Metallica. Metallica's problem is the total opposite. We have too many ideas. James (Hetfield) has, like, 800 ideas. I have 400. Those number alone are just crazy. That's formidable."

rest of article http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...other-projects

While he's gearing up for the FEAR FestEvil, Hammett is also preparing for Metallica's Grammy appearance, during which the group will perform its 1988 single "One" with Lang Lang on Jan. 26 -- two days before the "Through the Never" home video release. "That's going to be really interesting," Hammett says. "It's going to be an arrangement that highlights some of Lang Lang's playing, but we're not lightening up the song just for him. We're still hanging onto all the heavy parts. He's just an amazing pianist; at one point he's going to be, like, weaving in and out of my guitar solo and playing parts of my guitar solo with me. I've never, ever experienced that before with anyone we've ever played with, so I'm going to be pretty psyched to be playing with him, to say the least. It's gonna be amazing."


taken from BILLBOARD.com
gerrythedon is offline  
Old 01-20-14, 01:50 PM
  #157  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
gerrythedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inglewood, Ca.
Posts: 6,765
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!



Through the Never 3D Blu-ray
This Blu-ray version of the motion picture featuring music from Metallica is available in 3D, only at Best Buy.
While supplies last.
gerrythedon is offline  
Old 01-20-14, 03:28 PM
  #158  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 934
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

They just announced the bands that will open for Metallica at the Rome show I'm going to, Volbeat and Alice in Chains. A collective sigh was heard on facebook followed by some pretty upset people. Kinda pissed I payed 130 for the pit tickets for this shitfest but at least I'll get to see Metallica again.
beavis69 is offline  
Old 01-20-14, 09:32 PM
  #159  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,128
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

Originally Posted by gerrythedon View Post


Through the Never 3D Blu-ray
This Blu-ray version of the motion picture featuring music from Metallica is available in 3D, only at Best Buy.
While supplies last.
Holy shit, it's $59.99. The regular Blu-Ray is $20.99.
grenier is offline  
Old 01-20-14, 11:09 PM
  #160  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 9,129
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

Originally Posted by beavis69 View Post
They just announced the bands that will open for Metallica at the Rome show I'm going to, Volbeat and Alice in Chains. A collective sigh was heard on facebook followed by some pretty upset people. Kinda pissed I payed 130 for the pit tickets for this shitfest but at least I'll get to see Metallica again.
Sounds like a great lineup to me. Love me some AIC.
edstein is offline  
Old 01-20-14, 11:24 PM
  #161  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tennessee (but don't hold that against me)
Posts: 512
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

Originally Posted by grenier View Post
Holy shit, it's $59.99. The regular Blu-Ray is $20.99.
no, it's in their ad for $27.99
bearkiss is offline  
Old 01-21-14, 01:23 PM
  #162  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
gerrythedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inglewood, Ca.
Posts: 6,765
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

2D version $15.89 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GYVPJ0A/...=IIXIGSVUMDJNC
gerrythedon is offline  
Old 01-21-14, 02:24 PM
  #163  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Posts: 2,235
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

Originally Posted by gerrythedon View Post


Through the Never 3D Blu-ray
This Blu-ray version of the motion picture featuring music from Metallica is available in 3D, only at Best Buy.
While supplies last.
This is lame. At least give us some special packaging.
Neil M. is offline  
Old 01-21-14, 06:24 PM
  #164  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
DeanoBKN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 5,217
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

It looks like for the extra $30 you also get the Blu-ray of the 2D version, a Bandana, and lithograph poster.
DeanoBKN is offline  
Old 01-21-14, 09:13 PM
  #165  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,128
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

Originally Posted by bearkiss View Post
no, it's in their ad for $27.99
Ooops, I didn't see that version, I only saw the deluxe set.
grenier is offline  
Old 01-22-14, 04:13 PM
  #166  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
dvduser6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,675
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

Originally Posted by gerrythedon View Post


Through the Never 3D Blu-ray
This Blu-ray version of the motion picture featuring music from Metallica is available in 3D, only at Best Buy.
While supplies last.
To clarify, is this BB version include both the 3D and 2D Blu-Ray, or 3D only? This is one instance where I think there are just too many versions of one title...
dvduser6 is offline  
Old 01-22-14, 05:33 PM
  #167  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
DeanoBKN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 5,217
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

Originally Posted by Jippy View Post
To clarify, is this BB version include both the 3D and 2D Blu-Ray, or 3D only? This is one instance where I think there are just too many versions of one title...
The picture looks like just the 3D + Digital Copy. I'm pretty sure the $60 version contains the 2D film as well.
DeanoBKN is offline  
Old 01-22-14, 06:42 PM
  #168  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
dvduser6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,675
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas View Post
The picture looks like just the 3D + Digital Copy. I'm pretty sure the $60 version contains the 2D film as well.
Hmmm. Heard great things about the 3D presentation on this, but I am spoiled by most 3D titles including a 2D version as well. I might just pick up the 2D if the price is that steep for both versions.
dvduser6 is offline  
Old 01-22-14, 08:44 PM
  #169  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,533
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

For those of you in the metclub, they are selling the DVDs from the Fan Can VI right now.

For those of you not in the metclub, you can get one off eBay.

Info:

Standalone DVD from Fan Can VI containing the full show from July 27, 2009 as voted by YOU. Bonus footage of six songs from the other four nights in Copenhagen as voted by YOU, plus band interviews and behind the scenes footage. The DVD is REGION FREE.

Main Feature - Live in Copenhagen on July 27, 2009
That Was Just Your Life
The End of the Line
Ride the Lightning
The Memory Remains
One
Broken, Beat & Scarred
Leper Messiah
Sad But True
No Leaf Clover
Suicide & Redemption
The Day That Never Comes
Master of Puppets
Dyers Eve
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
Last Caress
Phantom Lord
Seek & Destroy

Bonus Features
My Apocalypse (Live in Copenhagen on July 23, 2009)
Disposable Heroes (Live in Copenhagen on July 28, 2009)
The Judas Kiss (Live in Copenhagen on July 22, 2009)
All Nightmare Long (Live in Copenhagen on July 20, 2009)
The Ecstasy of Gold (Live in Copenhagen on July 28, 2009)
Trapped Under Ice (Live in Copenhagen on July 22, 2009)
James Hetfield Interviewed by Matt Rees
Lars Ulrich Interviewed by Jens Shonnemann
Kirk Hammett Interviewed by Dennis Aspeele
Robert Trujillo Interviewed by Dainis Rijkuris
Tuning Room
Band Rehearsal
Behind the Scenes
nodeerforamonth is offline  
Old 01-22-14, 09:39 PM
  #170  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
DeanoBKN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 5,217
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

Originally Posted by Jippy View Post
Hmmm. Heard great things about the 3D presentation on this, but I am spoiled by most 3D titles including a 2D version as well. I might just pick up the 2D if the price is that steep for both versions.
I think i'm just going to get the 3D version myself. I already have 3 other concerts on Blu Ray alone, I can't see myself ever wanting to watch the 2D version of the film in that case, I'll just pop in another show.
DeanoBKN is offline  
Old 01-22-14, 10:15 PM
  #171  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
gerrythedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inglewood, Ca.
Posts: 6,765
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth View Post
For those of you in the metclub, they are selling the DVDs from the Fan Can VI right now.

For those of you not in the metclub, you can get one off eBay.

Info:

Standalone DVD from Fan Can VI containing the full show from July 27, 2009 as voted by YOU. Bonus footage of six songs from the other four nights in Copenhagen as voted by YOU, plus band interviews and behind the scenes footage. The DVD is REGION FREE.

Main Feature - Live in Copenhagen on July 27, 2009
That Was Just Your Life
The End of the Line
Ride the Lightning
The Memory Remains
One
Broken, Beat & Scarred
Leper Messiah
Sad But True
No Leaf Clover
Suicide & Redemption
The Day That Never Comes
Master of Puppets
Dyers Eve
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
Last Caress
Phantom Lord
Seek & Destroy

Bonus Features
My Apocalypse (Live in Copenhagen on July 23, 2009)
Disposable Heroes (Live in Copenhagen on July 28, 2009)
The Judas Kiss (Live in Copenhagen on July 22, 2009)
All Nightmare Long (Live in Copenhagen on July 20, 2009)
The Ecstasy of Gold (Live in Copenhagen on July 28, 2009)
Trapped Under Ice (Live in Copenhagen on July 22, 2009)
James Hetfield Interviewed by Matt Rees
Lars Ulrich Interviewed by Jens Shonnemann
Kirk Hammett Interviewed by Dennis Aspeele
Robert Trujillo Interviewed by Dainis Rijkuris
Tuning Room
Band Rehearsal
Behind the Scenes
That'a

I bought 2 BLU-RAY copies off Ebay last year. One was a perfect bootleg of it, the other is the original from the FAN CAN.
gerrythedon is offline  
Old 01-23-14, 07:32 AM
  #172  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,005
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

Originally Posted by gerrythedon View Post
That'a

I bought 2 BLU-RAY copies off Ebay last year. One was a perfect bootleg of it, the other is the original from the FAN CAN.
how do you tell the difference between the bootleg & the original?
InnocentBlood is offline  
Old 01-23-14, 01:23 PM
  #173  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
gerrythedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inglewood, Ca.
Posts: 6,765
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

Originally Posted by InnocentBlood View Post
how do you tell the difference between the bootleg & the original?
Bootleg
http://www.ebay.com/itm/METALLICA-FA...item4acf1b1004

actual
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metallica-Fa...item27dda6bad3
gerrythedon is offline  
Old 01-23-14, 05:15 PM
  #174  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Posts: 2,235
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

Does the blu-ray have all those bonus features or is that just the dvd?
Neil M. is offline  
Old 01-23-14, 06:12 PM
  #175  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,005
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

thanks gerry! i can't believe how i ended up with the bootleg...
InnocentBlood is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.