Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Adam Lambert on the AMA's

Old 11-23-09, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Adam Lambert on the AMA's

They saved the best for last on this show? The performance was laughable and the song, terrible. The audience clearly weren't 100% receptive. And Adam was over the top as per usual. Please PLEASE God let this no talent be gone sooner than later.
Old 11-23-09, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's

God I agree 100%. and I loved him on AI.
the screaming, OMFG.........
and making out hard with Dudes wont sell records.
Old 11-23-09, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think he has plenty of talent. That song sucked, though.
Old 11-23-09, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Aren't you the guy who kept posting in the AI threads week after week to say how horrible Adam was? Why did you even watch his AMA performance or start this thread when you clearly don't like anything he does?
Old 11-23-09, 10:25 AM

I look forward to the OP reviewing Kris Allen's latest busking gig on the NY subway.
Old 11-23-09, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Howiefan View Post
Aren't you the guy who kept posting in the AI threads week after week to say how horrible Adam was? Why did you even watch his AMA performance or start this thread when you clearly don't like anything he does?
Maybe I am. There were several of us posting anti-Adam comments there. So what? Are you the guy who kept posting in the AI threads week after week saying how great he was? I have every right to post whatever I like. And I didn't watch the AMA's for him.
Old 11-23-09, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Daytripper View Post
Maybe I am. There were several of us posting anti-Adam comments there. So what? Are you the guy who kept posting in the AI threads week after week saying how great he was? I have every right to post whatever I like. And I didn't watch the AMA's for him.
He was closing the awards though. It's not like you had to watch his performance so that you wouldn't miss the rest of the show...
Old 11-23-09, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

He was closing the awards though. It's not like you had to watch his performance so that you wouldn't miss the rest of the show...
I didn't watch the whole performance. I switched the channel after a minute or so.
Old 11-23-09, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't watch the whole performance. I switched the channel after a minute or so.
So you start a thread to hate on a performance/song you've only heard a minute or so of?
Old 11-23-09, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So you start a thread to hate on a performance/song you've only heard a minute or so of?

Yes I started a thread based on part of a performance I saw. If you got a problem with that, then too bad. Now get lost.
Old 11-23-09, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes I started a thread based on part of a performance I saw. If you got a problem with that, then too bad. Now get lost.
LOL great, thanks!
Old 11-23-09, 02:20 PM

I am glad he figuratively and literally fell f(l)at on his face.
He was so fake and desperate and out of tune. So much hype for so much failure. For all you haters out there, this is Adam's response
Spoiler:

Stay classy douche-bag.
Old 11-23-09, 04:08 PM
Cool New Member

Geez Howiefan, how about getting out of Daytripper's ass? And stop dissecting everything everyone posts---I came in here to rip on Glittery Glambert publicly fellating himself and you're practically tossing everyone's salad, you creepy bastard.

For fuck's sake, can't you post anything negative around here?

Like most folks with good taste and clear hearing, Adam Lambert's voice makes my toes curl. I'd rather give Justin Guarini a handjob than have to listen to that sissyboy sing his castrated nuts off like he did on the AMA's. That was disturbing. But then again, just knowing I share oxygen with that self-absorbed fruitloop is disturbing enough. His preening glitterfest gives the GBL community such a bad name---total blackface gay!

And if you don't like MY comments Howiefan, suck it. Go off and smell your granny's tuna casserole farts for all I care.
Old 11-23-09, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You guys get your notices yet?
Old 11-23-09, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

NEW YORK – ABC says more than 1,500 people have called to complain about Adam Lambert's sexually charged performance at the American Music Awards.

The network characterized the response as "moderate." Before his performance, Lambert said that he wanted to break down a double standard that existed where female performers are often sexually provocative while men don't do it that often.

There were also hostile comments online about the "American Idol" glam rocker who sang his new song "For Your Entertainment" on Sunday's show with an elaborate, S&M-themed production. Lambert fondled a dancer, led another around on a leash, had a dancer briefly stick his head in Lambert's crotch and kissed a man.
Old 11-23-09, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
You guys get your notices yet?
Huh!? "Guys"?? Who are you referring to?
Old 11-23-09, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by SweetP View Post
Geez Howiefan, how about getting out of Daytripper's ass? And stop dissecting everything everyone posts---I came in here to rip on Glittery Glambert publicly fellating himself and you're practically tossing everyone's salad, you creepy bastard.

Like most folks with good taste and clear hearing, Adam Lambert's voice makes my toes curl. I'd rather give Justin Guarini a handjob than have to listen to that sissyboy sing his castrated nuts off like he did on the AMA's. That was disturbing. But then again, just knowing I share oxygen with that self-absorbed fruitloop is disturbing enough. His preening glitterfest gives the GBL community such a bad name---total blackface gay!

And if you don't like MY comments Howiefan, suck it. Go off and smell your granny's tuna casserole farts for all I care.

Funny stuff
but it seems Howiefan was just protected his boy or girl......

Howiefan

Re: What's the latest CD you bought?
Just bought on iTunes:

Adam Lambert - For Your Entertainment
Susan Boyle - I Dreamed a Dream
Lady GaGa - The Fame Monster

Not ashamed to say I love the albums.

Last edited by tommy28; 11-23-09 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-23-09, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sounds like crap Britney, et al. would pull. I wonder if there would be such an outrage if a female performer did it?

Not a fan of Lambert. I agree SweetP on the "gay blackface" comment.
Old 11-23-09, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Honestly, I thought Lambert's performance was as immature as the Madonna/Britney/Christina lesbian kissing thing a few years back. Not everyone's definition of "sexy" includes blatant sexual acts meant to shock people.
Old 11-23-09, 05:40 PM
Banned

I really think this douchebag is setting back the gay and lesbian movement with shit stunts like this. This guy is the kind of gay that conservatives love to point at when criticizing the community.
Old 11-23-09, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

This would be shocking if it were not involving one of the "singers" from American Idol.
Old 11-23-09, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Never was a fan of Lambert on Idol or now. The performance created some stir but he hasn't made a big enough name for himself to pull off a stunt like there where he's shocking and trying to make a statement. He's nowhere near Madonna's fame at the point of MTV's "Like a Virgin" performance or Britney's when making out with Madonna. I don't think it's a good idea to say screw you to the audience either as he did.

Maybe the next performance will include gloryholes.
Old 11-23-09, 06:55 PM

Not bothered by it. It's the same crap that Titney Spears and her ilk churn out at each awards show. It's a competition to see who can push it the furthest.

If it had been Titney shoving some girl's head into her crotch, most guys would have all had wet knickers so it's a bit hypocritical to slag him off for that.

The screaming was too much and the song was ordinary. Welcome to 2009.
Old 11-23-09, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by SweetP View Post

Best post ever. Bravo.
Old 11-23-09, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Strevlac View Post
Best post ever. Bravo.
was pretty good.

Lambert is a freak, and not in a good way. I'm sure Gays around the world cringe when this douche is in the media.

he is a pathetic no talent loser who will quickly...flame out.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.