Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Adam Lambert on the AMA's

Old 11-23-09, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's

I think the song is a POS.

His lead single should've be "Music Again" -- which rocks.
Old 11-23-09, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SweetP View Post
Geez Howiefan, how about getting out of Daytripper's ass? And stop dissecting everything everyone posts---I came in here to rip on Glittery Glambert publicly fellating himself and you're practically tossing everyone's salad, you creepy bastard.

For fuck's sake, can't you post anything negative around here?

Like most folks with good taste and clear hearing, Adam Lambert's voice makes my toes curl. I'd rather give Justin Guarini a handjob than have to listen to that sissyboy sing his castrated nuts off like he did on the AMA's. That was disturbing. But then again, just knowing I share oxygen with that self-absorbed fruitloop is disturbing enough. His preening glitterfest gives the GBL community such a bad name---total blackface gay!

And if you don't like MY comments Howiefan, suck it. Go off and smell your granny's tuna casserole farts for all I care.
LMFAO Jesus Christ. For this post alone, I give Adam even more credit for his performance.
Old 11-23-09, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I stopped watching the show before this abomination took place. After hearing and reading what everyone was saying I looked it up on YouTube, and my God.

All I could think of is Nightman from IASIP, especially the very end:

Old 11-24-09, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As a gay guy I am mixed. I don't really like Adam's music or voice (and to think this guy compares himself to Bowie and Mercury!!!!) but at the same time, I like that he is being so shocking and offensive and using his status to be out there. Sadly there are a lot of people who hate the gay community and want us to die off from AIDS already (nobody here, but I have been to various boards where there are many people who are proud to think that way) and I believe a lot of people voted for Kris Allen not because they were fans of his, but as a vote AGAINST Adam's sexuality (I remember one of the Fox News guys even urged viewers to do so) and this performance was Adam's way of telling those who wish to silence him to go eff themselves. And for that, I really admire the balls. The people he turned off and alienated didn't vote for him to start with. It's just like Madonna circa 20 years ago when she was pushing people's buttons, most of the people who were really being turned off and infuriated by her were never listening to her from the onset, so it was a win-win situation, where her fans thought she was even cooler and those who hate her would keep talking.
Old 11-24-09, 08:03 AM
Banned

The difference is that Madonna put great music and performances when doing those stunts while Mr. glitzy here doesn't have anywhere near the talent or voice or years in the business to do that crap.
Old 11-24-09, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by big whoppa View Post
Maybe the next performance will include gloryholes.
Old 11-24-09, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dx23 View Post
The difference is that Madonna put great music and performances when doing those stunts while Mr. glitzy here doesn't have anywhere near the talent or voice or years in the business to do that crap.
And to pull it off.
Old 11-24-09, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by nothingfails View Post
I believe a lot of people voted for Kris Allen not because they were fans of his, but as a vote AGAINST Adam's sexuality (I remember one of the Fox News guys even urged viewers to do so)
Link?
Old 11-24-09, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Link?
Yeah. I don't buy that at all.
Old 11-24-09, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i just think its funny that everyone was saying was that adam was so rock and roll when he was on AI. people acted like he was going to save the music world by bringing back 80's rock. i havent heard all of his songs but what i have heard was all just garbage pop like this performance. so he basically is just a male version of britney right? or does he actually have some kick ass hard rock songs?
Old 11-24-09, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

ABC: Lambert's performance draws 1,500 complaints

By DAVID BAUDER (AP) 1 hour ago

NEW YORK Complaints poured in Monday about Adam Lambert's sexually charged performance at the American Music Awards, including criticism of his kiss with a male keyboard player that was left out of rehearsals for the show.

ABC did not expect one of Lambert's dancers to stick his face in the singer's crotch during the S&M-themed performance of "For Your Entertainment," a moment that was cut out when the awards show was broadcast on a tape-delayed basis on the West Coast on Sunday.

During a rehearsal last week that an AP reporter attended, Lambert thrust a male dancer's face toward his crotch, though the dancer did not get as close to Lambert in the rehearsal as he did on Sunday night. At one point during rehearsals, Lambert also caressed a male dancer's upside-down face, but he kept his hands off the dancer's cheeks Sunday night.

"A lot of what I do is kind of freestyle," the singer told The Associated Press last week about the routine's choreography. "That's how it was on 'Idol.' That's how I perform. I like to have a framework, and just do stuff. So that kind of came about because of the connection that I had with that dancer."

Both hostile and supportive comments were posted online about the "American Idol" glam rocker's performance. While prowling an elaborate set during the number, Lambert also fondled one dancer and briefly led two dancers around on a leash. It followed the song's lyrical theme in which the singer warned, "It's about to get rough for you."

"For Your Entertainment" is the first single from Lambert's new album, which went on sale Monday.

Lambert's kiss recalled the MTV Video Music Awards moment in 2003 when Madonna and Britney Spears briefly locked lips. Lambert, who's openly gay, had even talked before going onstage about pushing the envelope on how provocative male performers could be.

He later told CNN that his kiss was "in the moment" and that if people were upset about it, "That's a form of discrimination and it's too bad."

ABC said more than 1,500 people complained, what it termed a "moderate" response, and the Parents Television Council also said it had heard from upset members.

"They're outraged," said Timothy Winters, president of the Parents Television Council. "They just can't believe the nature of the content, the explicit nature, and how much graphic content there was."

Winter said it seemed artists who appear on music awards shows are constantly competing to push the envelope.

"These programs are wholly unsuitable for children now and it's pathetic, given the amount of economic support that children and teenagers bring to the industry today," he said.

Lambert's performance was a subject for the "hot topics" segment of ABC's daytime talk show "The View" on Monday, but apparently too hot: Barbara Walters said it was too racy to be shown on daytime TV.

ABC spokeswoman Hope Hartman and Lynda Dorf, a representative of Dick Clark Productions, which put on the show, did not comment on how producers and network executives felt about the performance. Dorf noted that Lambert had not kissed any of his fellow performers during rehearsals of the song.

The performance was a hot topic online, too. Entertainment Weekly writer Ken Tucker praised Lambert for being "an event unto himself."

"As a TV viewer, I thought Lambert's performance was a gas, a delight, a blast of brash vulgarity in the midst of merely ordinary vulgarity," Tucker wrote.

A Boston Globe television critic called the performance "pretty harmless.

"It's all posing and mugging and selling, not real honest provocation," Matthew Gilbert wrote on a Globe blog.

Lambert said later, "I had fun, my dancers had fun, the audience that was in the Nokia (Theatre) had fun. Anybody else who was watching it and enjoying it, thank you for being entertained."

In an interview a few days before the performance, Lambert had talked about trying to make a statement with it.

"There are a lot of double standards as far as that goes," the singer told the AP. "We've seen female pop and rock performers do that for the last 10 years. They've been very provocative, owning their power and sexuality. You just don't see men doing it very often. And I'm hoping to break down that double standard with this number."

_
Old 11-24-09, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

"They're outraged!"
Old 11-24-09, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't watch or follow American Idol because I'm not a vapid popculture-worshipping douchetard, so I don't know this character or how many turds he's vaporized. But anyone who pisses off the PTC? I'll bite a pillow for you my friend.
Old 11-24-09, 11:33 AM

I don't mind if he kisses other dudes or sticks their faces in his crotch, as long as he does it in a non-gay manner. There are kids watching, after all.
Old 11-24-09, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This is from Drudge, so take it as you will:

ABC cancels Adam Lambert concert...

Given his controversial live performance on AMAs, ABCNEWS was concerned about airing similar concert early in morning... Developing
I'm assuming they are referring to Good Morning America.
Old 11-24-09, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't mind if he kisses other dudes or sticks their faces in his crotch, as long as he does it in a non-gay manner. There are kids watching, after all.
Old 11-24-09, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I couldn't care less that he grabbed some guy and sucked face with him or forced some other dude to go down on him in a simulated BJ. Adam Lambert's singing sucked. He was out of tune and wailed like a banshee. He certainly brought back cabaret and jazz hands ... how unoriginal. The only thing entertaining was him falling on his face. I am happy that GMA canceled him ... no one needs to hear that crap that early in the morning. Too bad it's more publicity for this douche-bag.
Old 11-24-09, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Link?
You couldn't pay me to watch that channel... we're talking the channel that treated Carrie Prejean as a goddess because of that evil Perez Hilton, nevermind the fact that she's Anita Bryant 2.0 and pissed away a fanbase that would be ten times more loyal to her than the base who took her side because she made a stand against the evil homos and then abandoned her when they found out she's a little hypocritical sex-tape making slut.

I found out about the Fox News conspiracy against him on message boards, namely IMDB. One of the guys on Fox And Friends (ironically the same show that kisses Prejean's ass) was obsessed with a photo of Adam kissing another guy and for weeks in advance told viewers to vote for the competition. And from what I've seen on that channel, I believe it. Several people say Adam kissing a guy was directed to that person.
Old 11-24-09, 03:30 PM

That's a pretty long-winded way to say "it didn't happen".
Old 11-24-09, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by redhenry View Post
Titney Spears
I don't know if you made that up or not, but I like it. Simple and funny.
Old 11-24-09, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

like I said, I don't watch that biased crap. If someone else does and can verify what they've posted elsewhere, go for it.

Any station that tries to make Carrie Prejean into a martyr while vilifying Perez Hilton (who I think is obnoxious btw) and painting him as some radical liberal when 99% of the posts on his blog are about entertainment and the only thing he's really political about is gay rights, isn't going to get me to watch.

As long as there are people out there who truly believe being gay is shameful and that we all deserve AIDS and Hell, then I am all for Adam hamming it up and really giving these people something to be offended by.
Old 11-24-09, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm predisposed to dislike "American Idol" and all things associated with it, but I can sort of respect the guy for getting everyone so pissed off at him so quickly.

Sort of wish I would have watched the AMAs. I don't think anything this exciting has happened on there since Slash and Duff accepted an award for Guns 'n Roses and peppered their speech with a bunch of "fucks."
Old 11-24-09, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You doubt the veritas quotient of the IMDB forums?
Old 11-24-09, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy View Post
You doubt the veritas quotient of the IMDB forums?
I've posted over there. That should tell you all you need to know.
Old 11-24-09, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Now it looks like he'll be on the CBS Morning Show tomorrow:

> Update / 1:13pmET: Almost as quickly as GMA canceled Lambert, the CBS Early Show added him to the lineup. Lambert will discuss the controversial AMA appearance and will perform live tomorrow morning.
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/...ert_144103.asp

So if you hear dogs howling at, oh, 8:30ish (ET), you'll know he's on.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.