Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Music (Reverse) Sheep II — Any major dude will tell you, it's a change of the guard

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Music (Reverse) Sheep II — Any major dude will tell you, it's a change of the guard

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-09, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Music (Reverse) Sheep II — Any major dude will tell you, it's a change of the gua

Originally Posted by The Bus
For the Legend question, I will accept songs from the original 14-track release.

No reissues, expanded editions, deluxe editions, Japanese ECDs, etc.
What about my (and by "my" I mean someone elses) originally released casette tape?
Old 07-16-09, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: Music (Reverse) Sheep II — Any major dude will tell you, it's a change of the gua

Originally Posted by orangecrush18
Is it officially a part of their name? Does it show up on their records?
Depends on what country you buy it in.
Old 07-16-09, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good questions. Went against my better judgement and went obscure on some of these...we'll see how it pans out.
Old 07-16-09, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I vote no on WWE wrestlers counting as athelets, they are actors playing a role in a set up match. Just because Slyvester Stallone worked his ass off playing Rocky, that doesn't make him an pro boxer.

Last edited by sauce07; 07-16-09 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-16-09, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

If it came down to voting, I would vote against pro wrestlers. But that's just me talking as a player, not as Sheepmaster.
Old 07-16-09, 02:21 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dictionary.com defines athlete as this: a person trained or gifted in exercises or contests involving physical agility, stamina, or strength; a participant in a sport, exercise, or game requiring physical skill.

I would say WWF/WWE wrestlers falls into that category.
Old 07-16-09, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

is Joey Chestnut (hot dog eating champion) a athlete? He fits that definition.
Old 07-16-09, 02:35 PM
Banned by request

Did he record any albums?
Old 07-16-09, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

EDIT: I will send in a new answer(s) if the definition is changed....

Last edited by Flashback; 07-16-09 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-16-09, 03:10 PM
Banned by request

Well, it does specifically say professional athlete, and the WWF/WWE is a professional organization (supposedly), whereas the hot dog eating champion or Sammy Hagar aren't really part of any professional organizations.

Edit: Actually, Bus, what is your definition of album?
Old 07-16-09, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Well, it does specifically say professional athlete, and the WWF/WWE is a professional organization (supposedly), whereas the hot dog eating champion or Sammy Hagar aren't really part of any professional organizations.
I edited my response ... since I am not sure if Hagar ever was paid to box. If you are paid then you are a professional.
Old 07-16-09, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in. I've been too late to submit answers in most of the recent games, so when I saw this was still open I answered questions quickly with little-to-no strategic thought involved...but I'm in.
Old 07-16-09, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet

Edit: Actually, Bus, what is your definition of album?
Joey Chestnut is part of the International Federation of Competitive Eating, they do have a organization that sanctions official events.
Old 07-16-09, 03:21 PM
Banned by request

And he gets paid to eat hot dogs (not including prize money)?
Old 07-16-09, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Joey Chestnut is a part of this professional organization:

Old 07-16-09, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Joey Chestnut: American Hero

Old 07-16-09, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

I'm in!

This is my first attempt at one of these, so I'm not sure what to expect. I had to guess at 2 questions and for 2 others with multiple possible answers, I could only think of one.
Old 07-16-09, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts

Does the professional athlete need to be a current player when the album is released?
Old 07-16-09, 03:53 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by Mordred
I'm pretty sure the subtitle of this thread should be "Meet the new boss... same as the old boss"
"Meet the new Bus...same as the old Bus."

Or to take it even further: "Meet the new (magic) Bus...same as the old (magic) Bus."
Old 07-16-09, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by wishbone
Does the professional athlete need to be a current player when the album is released?
Nope.
Old 07-16-09, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

I'm in. Thanks to my vast knowledge of useless trivia that will never gain me anything in terms of fame, fortune, recognition, acclaim, or painted, barely legal, nubile clothing-optional Brazilian girls severely lacking in inhibitions of any kind, I might actually do well this time around. Then again, I thought that last time and now I have to sit around thinking up names for offbeat, madcap French-Caribbean martial artists.
Old 07-16-09, 04:05 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by orangecrush18
It is too bad the Chicago lawyer is my sworn enemy and hates America (well more than Sheep anyway).
Hey! I love America. I just love Sheep more.

Quick -- somebody do America Sheep!
Old 07-16-09, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For question 13, are you looking for just a band with a geographical location in their name, or do they actually have to be from there? I'm assuming the later, which makes things difficult.
Old 07-16-09, 04:12 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm particularly proud of my answer to #13.
Old 07-16-09, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonF
I'm particularly proud of my answer to #13.
I think I came up with a pretty good one too.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.