Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Top 100 albums 1983-2008: Discuss

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Top 100 albums 1983-2008: Discuss

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-08, 03:51 PM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by Mordred
Ronaldinho isn't even the best musician on his team.
e-stalker.
Old 06-24-08, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just looked thru the EW issue.. Basically the whole thing is a bit whack. but the Music certainly had the oddest choices and order.

I mean, its like they wanted people to blow if off as soon as they get to #2..... I mean.. if they waited a bit and put it , say...#12, people might have been able to get farther in the list before they went..Oh no,, NO Way! To shocking, too soon.
Old 06-26-08, 10:22 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DonTHX1378
And It Takes a Nation of Millions so low on the list? Everyone pretty much agrees that this is the greatest hip hop album of all time along with Dre's The Chronic which is low also, but they list College Dropout at #4?
Yeah, I counted over a dozen hip hop/urban albums listed before those two landmark albums, just absurd. Seriously... Dangerously in Love and The Emancipation of Mimi at 19 and 21? Both were successful albums loaded with hit songs, sure, but come on...

The other EW lists were heavily flawed as well, but at least I could kind of see what they were attempting this those. This one is just a mess with no apparent clarity in criteria.

Last edited by DRG; 06-26-08 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-27-08, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm starting to come to grips with the fact that in the eyes of many/most, Price albums from the 80's/90's can do no wrong. I have no problem with him or his music, I just find him to be horribly overrated. Yet, I knew before I opened this thread that he'd have the Number 1 album, and surprisingly I'm not that angry.