Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

[Requests for info on] CD tracker / catalog software [merged]

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

[Requests for info on] CD tracker / catalog software [merged]

Old 02-25-05, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by benedict
No problem with a bounce, danganet.

Now that you've roadtested them all, what is your evaluation of all the options offered so far in the earlier parts of the thread? And do you have a reply for atlantamoi?
Afterwards I found myself updating my Guzzlefish inventory that I abandoned late last summer on the cd side. Pretty good so far...I did have to submit Chemical Brothers' Push The Button which wasn't listed, we'll see how quick it get's added.

CDComplete.com looks good apart from my pop-up blocker ringing in.

While on the subject here is my Guzzlefish list.
Old 06-28-05, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Website for cataloging CDs?

Is there a website that works as good for CDs as DVD Profiler or Aficionado do for DVDs?
Old 06-28-05, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Well, I thought MediaChest was pretty nifty...until I realized that it may have been abandoned (no late 2004/2005 CDs in the database; I just now checked and the page is gone). Glad I spent so much time uploading my collection.

So, I'm in the market again. I'd like a good recommendation, too.
Old 06-29-05, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 76 Likes on 65 Posts
The only one I have come across is Guzzlefish, but a lot of people will agree that it really isn't a very good website. The stats are cool, but it's never updated.
Old 06-29-05, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ah, here's where my thread went.
Old 08-13-05, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mndtrp
The only one I have come across is Guzzlefish, but a lot of people will agree that it really isn't a very good website. The stats are cool, but it's never updated.
I am bumping this thread because on a lark today I went to Guzzlefish's forums to see if I could find out anything that was happening. To my surprise people were actually giving info and I found out that the site is being closed down and that mp3.com is now allowing you to post your collection there.

I was bored, so I decided to sign up and post my collection there. During the registration process, I noticed who now owned mp3.com in the copyright. C|Net. I thought about this for a minute and remembered that right before the updates stopped happening Guzzlefish was bought by a big online company. That company? C|Net

Essentially, C|Net stole a lot of the code and graphics and now use it for mp3.com. It's actually not that bad, except for having to manually find live albums and not being able to add an album with Various Artists (such as soundtracks) to your collection, it works without a hitch. Oh, and you can't post DVDs in your collection, but DVDaf does a better job anyhow.

You can check out my collection here
Old 08-14-05, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Thanks for the update, I really like the Gamespot collection for games (also by CNet) so I'm hoping the Music Collection will work well for me too.
Old 08-14-05, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wow, what a timely bump. Today I got done cataloging my 1800+ CD collection using the Music Collector program from www.collectorz.com Well worth the price- one of the only drawbacks for some is it's not online- but I believe you can export it to HTML once all is entered if you wish.

It found the correct info for every CD I threw at it, including bootlegs, promo items and the copy of Fiona Apple's Extraordinary Machine I burned from mp3s (that was a surprise) and found cover images for about 4 out of every 5 CDs. Making notes, corrections, and adding your own cover image if you wish are all a snap, and there's some nice stats to check out (could be a little more robust in that area but that's just being picky).

I'm very impressed and can't live without it now.
Old 08-14-05, 12:23 PM
JAA
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm very impressed and can't live without it now.
I felt exactly the same way as you . . . three years ago. I enjoy the program even more today.
Old 08-15-05, 11:26 AM

Here is an update since my last post earlier this year...

I have barely visited or updated my profile at Guzzlefish.

I am using Rate your Music.com which is a more reliable music inventory site. The pages might load a little slower but it's free.

Of the 480 cds I put on there, there was about 5 I had to submit. They were mostly promo material or compliations.

Here is my list

Last edited by danganet; 08-15-05 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-12-06, 04:19 PM
Cool New Member

I'm trying out cd complete dot com right now. It is okay so far. It does load slow sometimes and also some covers for some albums are missing.
Old 04-18-06, 02:22 AM
Suspended

CD version of DVD Aficionado

Is there a cd version of this site or somewhere else that you can keep an inventory of your cds?

Thanks
Old 04-18-06, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Rate Your Music
Old 04-18-06, 02:36 AM
Suspended

Thanks
Old 04-18-06, 10:39 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
oh good grief more hours to waste cataloging my Album collection - thanks, I guess...
Old 04-18-06, 01:33 PM
rhc

www.discogs.com is another one
Old 04-18-06, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bugg
I just tried this out, and I love it so far, because they allow you to sign up and start adding CDs with little-to-no info needed.

The only problem I'm finding with it is that it's very s l o w.
Old 04-18-06, 10:52 PM
Suspended

Site is slow and also if there is another version of some cds they only have the original version.
Old 04-19-06, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bigt7117
Site is slow and also if there is another version of some cds they only have the original version.
That hasn't been true for me. They not only have the original Bob Dylan issues, but also the remasters and the SACD hybrids. I've also seem other artists with remasters listed (Cat Stevens and Nick Drake) and a deluxe version of Belle and Sebastian's The Life Pursuit.

Try clicking on Add/Update and it will show you a drop-down listing if there are other versions.
Old 08-03-06, 10:09 PM

This thread just won't die

I wanted to let you guys know about some software I've been using called blueorganizer. It is a Firefox plugin (so it works on a Mac too) that lets you "bluemark" a CD just by clicking a toolbar button when you are on that CD's page on amazon, towerrecords, etc.

Info such as title, artist, cover art, and tags are extracted from the page. Once the CD is in your collection, there are all kinds of hooks you can follow to discover related music on sites like Pandora. Another cool feature is that you can share your collection via RSS (see: http://s3.amazonaws.com/blueorganizer/bigAndy/music for my music feed) and widgets for your blog or myspace.

You can also track your DVD, book, and video game collections (to name a few) in the tool.

Oh yeah, it is free.

Check it out at http://www.adaptiveblue.com
Old 12-27-06, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Can Anyone Recommend an Online CD Catalog Site?

What I mean is a site where you can list all of the CDs in your collection, like there are with DVDs (a la in my signature)?

Thanks.
Old 12-27-06, 11:52 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
www.cd-tracker.com
Old 12-27-06, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
http://rateyourmusic.com/
Old 02-28-07, 09:54 PM

CD Aficionado

Im not to sure if this has been posted so sorry if it has. I have used DVDAficionado for about a year now and I have been looking for something to put my CD's on. Ive signed up for www.whatihave.com but its not working that well. In short what i want to know its that what i should use or is there something better out there?
Old 03-01-07, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nothing that I've found. I just have mine all in MS EXEL.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.