Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

[Requests for info on] CD tracker / catalog software [merged]

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

[Requests for info on] CD tracker / catalog software [merged]

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-07, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use Rate Your Music for my cds. It's not just like DVDAf, but it fits my needs well enough.
Old 03-01-07, 01:25 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by onebyone
I use Rate Your Music for my cds. It's not just like DVDAf, but it fits my needs well enough.
talk about being clueless, I totally forgot I had signed up... thanks.
Old 03-01-07, 01:37 PM

Even though it's primarily a trading site, I use La La to keep track of what I have.
Old 04-14-07, 04:38 PM

Music Cataloguing website/software?

Hi guys,

I'm starting to get to point where my vinyl collection is too large to manage easily. I've been using Excel to keep track of it all, but is there any easier way to do this? Any programs that might include track information, different versions, etc... Even a website like DVDAficionado or Profiler would be great.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
Old 04-14-07, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts
www.collectorz.com

You can download track list, running time and cover art. Can edit anyway you like. If never on cd or rare, you can get cover off allmusic and import it. Can edit specific track information also. Can link to websites like allmusic. Can link to songs on harddrive and play them.

There's a trial version, check it out.
Old 03-26-08, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts
Time to bump this thread.

My household is using MediaMonkey Gold to keep track of our thousands of MP3 files, and my wife and I have hundreds of other CDs that haven't yet been ripped or integrated into our database. When one of us is looking for a song that isn't in MediaMonkey, we find ourselves buying and downloading that song when we should be looking at our CD collections to make sure we don't already own it. To be frank, we don't really know what we've got, and we're wasting money downloading stuff that we could just rip.

I'd like to find a simple tool, preferably a standalone program (= not web based) that would let me scan our CDs (either in-drive or via barcode) and build an artist/album/song database. W don't need album art or ratings or collection status or valuation or any of the other cool stuff that Collectorz or other similar tools offer. We just want to know what we've got, and we'd like to be able to access that info without needing to link or login to a third party website.

Anyone have an idea what might work?
Old 08-04-08, 07:46 PM

CD Organizer

Just wondering if anybody knows of a good free online CD organizer like dvdspot, I have Delicious Library but it's not as good as I had hoped. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-05-08, 02:50 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the forums, slipperypete.

Versions of this question tend to be asked fairly regularly, so I've merged your post with a thread wherein a variety of related answers and comments can be perused.

Of course, some of the original suggestions may now require updating/summarising and I see that kenbuzz has yet to receive a reply.