Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The Police- 2007 Tour Thread

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 02-12-07, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

NORTH AMERICAN TOUR ITINERARY

28 May GM Place, Vancouver BC

06 Jun Key Arena, Seattle WA

09 Jun Pepsi Center, Denver CO

15 Jun MGM Grand Garden, Las Vegas, NV

16 Jun Bonnaroo Festival, Manchester, TN

18 Jun US Airways Arena, Phoenix, AZ

26 Jun American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX

30 Jun New Orleans Arena, New Orleans, LA

02 Jul Scottrade Center, St. Louis, MO

22 Jul Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON

25 Jul Bell Centre, Montreal, PQ

28 Jul Fenway Park, Boston, MA

01 Aug Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

03 Aug Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
Old 02-12-07, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thankfully they will be coming back to the U.S. in late October. I'm pretty sure they will eventually hit every major US market before the tour ends.
Old 02-12-07, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just saw Sting and the boys here in Hollywood. There were a lot of famous people at this "practice show" at the Whisky.
Old 02-12-07, 02:33 PM

Received 194 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by Dubya
Thankfully they will be coming back to the U.S. in late October. I'm pretty sure they will eventually hit every major US market before the tour ends.

Is that official? Link?
Old 02-12-07, 02:36 PM

It's official, trust me I was there. Every major US city
Old 02-12-07, 02:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bet that was an incredible show! What songs did they play (besides the hits)? Who did you see there?
Old 02-12-07, 03:01 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by PJsig08
It's official, trust me I was there. Every major US city
every major US city... I laugh, no DC or Philly... what a joke.
Old 02-12-07, 03:14 PM

The dates announced so far are:

Vancouver GM Place (May 28)
Seattle Key Arena (June 6)
Denver Pepsi Center (9)
Las Vegas MGM Garden Arena (15)
Bonnaroo Festival (16)
Phoenix US Airwaves Arena (18)
Dallas American Airlines Center (26)
New Orleans Arena (June 30)
St Louis Scottrade Center (July 2)
Toronto Air Canada Center (22)
Montreal Bell Centre (25)
Boston Fenway Park (28)
New York Madison Square Garden (August 1,3)

Additional North American concert dates in Chicago, Columbus, Detroit, Edmonton, Hartford, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Philadelphia, Tampa, San Francisco, Minneapolis/St. Paul and the Washington/Baltimore area will be announced in the next few weeks.
Old 02-12-07, 03:33 PM

http://www.thepolicetour.com/
Old 02-12-07, 03:36 PM

Received 194 Likes on 131 Posts
Aaah...Houston...thank god! With things like Ozzfest and Gigantour skipping Houston (along with a few other tours) I figured we'd get passed over after seeing that initial list.
Old 02-12-07, 04:17 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
In Chicago, there had been a rumor that Dave Matthews was going to play some dates at Wrigley Field during the All-Star Break -- but Matthews can't play those dated because his wife is pregnant and the baby is due in July. So now they're saying that maybe those dates will be used by the Police instead.

Here's the relevant excerpt from the minutes of the Lakeview Community Council (Lakeview is the Chicago Neighborhood that Wrigley Field is in):

Possible concerts at Wrigley Field – July 6 and July 7th – Mike Lufrano alerted everyone Dave Matthew’s wife is having a baby in July and cannot commit to perform on the dates we had in July. The Cubs explored alternate performers but then heard “The Police” is considering doing a reunion tour. This is a much older demographic and they are apparently interested in the same dates – Thursday July 5th and Friday, July 6th. David reported the Executive Committee has been working very closely with the Cubs to determine the framework under which the Cubs could have concerts over the next 5 years. Neither side wants to have to negotiate the details every year. David stated the number one priority is neighborhood protection. Number two is, because the 2007 concerts fall on the weekend of the Music Fest, how are we going to handle this. Most of the communities have supported the idea of concerts at Wrigley - - the majority is happy with the neighborhood protections that are proposed. Alderman Tunney putting forth legislation next week to City Council as it relates to neighborhood protections for concerts at Wrigley Field. The draft legislation should be available on Friday to the Executive Board. David’s biggest concern then is the fundraising perspective. The Cubs have agreed for 2007 to have the Night at Wrigley, including allowing participants back on the field. David reported there has been a real great partnership. Alderman Tunney is not willing to give a 5-year agreement. If we (LVCC) loose our permits, we do not know what our chances are to get them back in future years. The Music Fest is a major LVCC fundraiser and Bennett Lawson (from Alderman Tunney’s office) is not willing to give us anything in writing at this point. We are in a difficult situation -- we would like to support the concerts but we need to resolve the funding issue, too. Hopefully we can meet with the Alderman before this is introduced at City Hall. There is no action because there is nothing to discuss without the legislation. Jim Ludwig reported the presidents of the neighborhood associations have met and he recalled verbal assurances were provided to bring back the Music Fest but Jim acknowledged the Alderman would not put this in writing. Charlie Schmidt’s perspective was Alderman Tunney was uncertain if City Council would support a 5-year plan. Chester reported there are a number of people who feel the Jimmy Buffet concert did not go well and the issue is to get the City to hold up to their part. David reported the Neighborhood Protection Meeting (January 2007) was very complimentary to the Cubs but the issue was the City and their lack of ability to execute. Arnold Davis inquired what the plan is with the proceeds the Cubs donate. Mike Lufrano reported it is at the discretion of the Alderman but, along with the CubFund, there is a lot of money that could do something significant for the community. Graham Warning brought back the issue to the CTA and said it is a “perfect storm” - - what is going to happen come opening day in April?
http://www.lakeviewcitizens.org/files/minutes020107.doc
Old 02-12-07, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I only wish the band would release soundboard recordings of these shows like Pearl Jam did in the past.
Old 02-12-07, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Awesome.I will be at the Fenway show(if my friend lands the tickets) so it will be cool in 2 ways:The Police AND being at Fenway!
Old 02-12-07, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson
I only wish the band would release soundboard recordings of these shows like Pearl Jam did in the past.
Same here. At the very least I'm sure Best Buy (being the sponsor of the tour) will release one of those dvd sets of several shows like they did with The Rolling Stones and Elton John.
Old 02-13-07, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Chicago
Old 02-16-07, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A second night at Fenway (July 29) has been announced.
Old 02-20-07, 07:05 PM

New dates (including L.A.)

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1101273
Old 02-20-07, 08:33 PM

Anyone have luck with the general sale this morning? I was on ticketmaster the second the MSG shows went on sale, and then again an hour later when the Fenway shows went on sale, and could not get 2 tickets to anything, freaking ridiculous.
Old 02-21-07, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
As much as I thought the performance the Police did on the Grammys was lackluster, they looked great and they convinced a lot of people that with some more rehearsal they can still put on a great show. A great idea for promotion.
Old 02-21-07, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Still no Chicago dates yet. I really hope it is not at Wrigley (although walking distance for me) I hate concerts in these types of places.
Old 02-21-07, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oakland, CA tickets don't go on sale 'til Sunday morning. June 13 is what the paper's saying.
Old 02-21-07, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Here is a preorder code for Seattle. I want to go, but not for $225 per ticket.

RZAD7sVRjZ

If someone uses it you should post that you did.
Old 02-24-07, 06:06 PM

Every major market? Man...to get to see them here in Indy would be un-freakin-real.
Old 02-26-07, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got tickets this morning for Phoenix. I'm stoked.

I was 7 when they called it quits (1983).

Almost a quarter-century later I'm seeing them for the first time.
Old 02-26-07, 12:25 PM

Anyone get lucky for LA? These tickets have sold out RIDICULOUSLY fast. I got 4 somehow at Dodger Stadium (pretty good) and tried again a few minutes later and they were sold out. That was at about 10:07am. Crazy

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.