Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The Police- 2007 Tour Thread

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

The Police- 2007 Tour Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-07, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisedge
Saw them last night. They were filming for a "Motion Picture" and the nice thing was a big camera was in our seats and we got moved a bit closer. (We had good seats to begin with)
So it's fair to say there's a $550 gap in your bank account?
Old 06-22-07, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by cungar
So it's fair to say there's a $550 gap in your bank account?
Yes...Also the results of the show will be posted at the usual place tonight...
Old 06-25-07, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone hit up the Dodger Stadium show on Sat? Incredible, just an amazing experience. Looks like they were filming for a DVD release (according to signs on entry)

Bootleg is already up on the official Police message board....nothing better than having that on my iPod forever...
Old 06-28-07, 05:02 PM
Suspended

How were the Foo Fighters?

E
Old 06-29-07, 07:51 AM

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts
I'll be catching them tonight at the Toyota Center in Houston. Are they touring with an opening act?? What's their stage setup like?
Old 06-29-07, 09:35 AM

Foo were great. Never seen them live and they really pumped up the crowd before the Police.

The opening act throughout is Sting's sons band which is pretty much crap. Stage setup for the The Police was cool at Dodger Stadium, but that is an outdoor show of course which could be different.
Old 06-29-07, 10:58 PM
Suspended

Stage setup includes large screens to the back of the stage so that those who are seated there can still see. And a large arc above the drummer's space so that Sting can walk around and give those same 'behind stage' fans a close-up look at the action.

And like PJ already mentioned, their opener is Fiction Plane [http://www.myspace.com/fictionplane]. I thought they were fairly entertaining. Maybe I like live music too much.

E
Old 06-30-07, 05:28 PM

Friction Plane was ok, nothing special really. I missed half their set waiting in line to get a shirt!!!

The Police, on the other hand, were great. Having never seen them before I had no idea what to expect. Great stage setup and lighting. Set list was what has been posted. Stewart's rising percussion set was pretty cool. I also though it was interesting to see them play the same instruments thoughout the entire whow (Andy with his red strat and Sting with his beat up natural finish bass).
Old 07-01-07, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chicago press is picking up the story that there is a low demand of tickets and scalpers are now unloading below face value.
Old 07-01-07, 03:42 PM
Suspended

Still sold-out. I don't artists care that re-sellers are left with losses, besides the obvious danger that they don't help sell it out quick the next time around [and this isn't a factor with The Police, there is no next time around for them].

I paid 50$ for a 300$ ticket. Best seat I've ever had at the MGM Grand. Worked for me.

E
Old 07-01-07, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 7,132 Likes on 4,840 Posts
Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4
Still sold-out. I don't artists care that re-sellers are left with losses, besides the obvious danger that they don't help sell it out quick the next time around [and this isn't a factor with The Police, there is no next time around for them].

I paid 50$ for a 300$ ticket. Best seat I've ever had at the MGM Grand. Worked for me.

E
I paid $150 each for two $85 tickets there. I hate you.

Old 07-01-07, 06:43 PM

You can ALL hate me!! 2 $90 tickets were free for me!! Boss couldn't make it so he gave'em to me!!
Old 07-02-07, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by SmackDaddy
You can ALL hate me!! 2 $90 tickets were free for me!! Boss couldn't make it so he gave'em to me!!
Yup. I hate you.

Old 07-05-07, 10:31 AM

I'll be at Wrigley on Friday night, hope it's a good show (and hope the weather is good).

A friend who works for WGN hooked us up with free 5th row center tickets. Wonder what the face value of those will be...
Old 07-05-07, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just looked at Fri at Wrigley and there were Sec G row 4. They are expensive though $295 - ouch. Found a few 200's for tonight. Personally I live close by so I may take a walk up during the opening band and see what is around since it will be a nice night (I think) and not that big of a deal to me if I don't get any.
Old 07-06-07, 01:09 AM

Just got back from the Thursday Wrigley gig. Sat in 208 (not that I sat at all) and had a great view. The sound was good, the only noticeable reverb was during Fiction Plane who were quieter. I was really impressed with the set-list in that they didn't rely on just the hits. A few selections were pleasant surprises.
Old 07-06-07, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Scorpio
Just got back from the Thursday Wrigley gig. Sat in 208 (not that I sat at all) and had a great view. The sound was good, the only noticeable reverb was during Fiction Plane who were quieter. I was really impressed with the set-list in that they didn't rely on just the hits. A few selections were pleasant surprises.
Can you tell me what time the Police took the stage? I have no desire to see Fiction Plane... I would guess sometime around 8:30, or maybe even closer to 9:00.
Old 07-06-07, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^ Yeah... They went off around 8:45 or so in St. Louis... Here's the setlist from Monday if anyone is interested.

Message in a Bottle
Synchronicity II
Walking on the Moon
Voices Inside My Head / When the World is Running Down...
Don't Stand so Close to Me
Driven to Tears
The Bed's Too Big
Truth Hits Everybody
Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
Wrapped Around Your Finger
De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da
Invisible Sun
Walking in Your Footsteps
Can't Stand Losing You / Reggatta de Blanc

Encore 1 - Roxanne

Encore 2 - King of Pain, So Lonely, Every Breath You Take

Encore 3 - Next to You
Old 07-13-07, 08:37 AM
Suspended

Just got back from the Tampa show. Awesome!

http://www.the-watercooler.com/the_w...d-for-a-b.html
Old 07-15-07, 12:45 AM

Literally just got back home from the Louisville show. The set list was very similar to what Johnny posted for St. Louis, although I have to say that Fiction Plane was AWESOME. Well worth the time for the opening act if you can get there early enough.

And I'd heard a lot about how the band didn't sound good thus far. I'm telling you, at Churchill Downs tonight they sounded FANTASTIC and played with all of the zeal and enthusiasm of 20 year-olds. A great show!
Old 07-16-07, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Looking forward to sseing them tomorrow night (but a Tuesday night concert is kinda silly)! Is anyone else here seeing them in Detroit?
Old 07-16-07, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I went to the Louisville show. I thought that the band was on top form musically, but it seemed like Sting's voice was shot, he just couldn't hit the notes like he used to. The crowd here was bad too and kinda hindered the enjoyment for me because I am someone who tries to get into the show and Louisville crowds are the worst (I'm from here, not discriminating).

I think Churchill Downs isn't a good place to hold a concert because even front row (I was in fifth row) is a good 75 feet from the stage.

Maybe if I didn't have 13th row to the right of stage to see Prince barely a week before that I wouldn't have been so spoiled (I was three times closer to him in 13th row than I was to Sting and co. in fifth at Churchill) that I would've been able to enjoy the show better, but I didn't pay $250 for drunken skanks who weren't even supposed to be in my area to be obnoxious
Old 07-18-07, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Quite tired today, but I was expecting that. They played Detroit last night, and it was great to be able to see them!

Of course, there's always the *one* obnoxious person near you, in this case a guy two seats over talking very loudly to his uninterested girlfriend about the songs, the lighting, and complaining how people weren't standing and being as loud as he was. Thankfully they left a little more than halfway through the show.

On the show, the setlist is pretty much the same as has been posted already. I did really like the arrangements for "Wrapped Around Your Finger" (a song I'm usually not overly fond of) and "Walking In Your Footsteps". Stewart looked the most intense, but at the end of the night, seemed the most elated (and especially loved the applause ). "Next To You" was a little slower than I'd have expected/hoped for, but I don't mean that much as a complaint. Over all, it was a great show that I was happy to be able to see!

Now, if only I could afford Genesis tickets....
Old 07-19-07, 07:58 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

will wait for the dvd. then i'll have front row seats.