Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The Police- 2007 Tour Thread

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

The Police- 2007 Tour Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-07, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by PJsig08
Anyone get lucky for LA? These tickets have sold out RIDICULOUSLY fast. I got 4 somehow at Dodger Stadium (pretty good) and tried again a few minutes later and they were sold out. That was at about 10:07am. Crazy
I didn't even try. I've given up on getting good seats for big shows in LA when they first go on sale. I wait until a day or two before and see if there are ticket drops. That being said, I will never go to a concert at Dodger stadium or the Colliseum.
Old 02-27-07, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ARRRGH. I got the e-mail from Best buy this morning, telling about pre-sale codes for Reward Zone members. I go through the sign-up process (I've never made an account on their website), and click for the DETROIT show. I get a pre-sale code for DALLAS! I try to go back and correct the mistake, and it won't let me choose a new city.

BASTARDS!!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-07, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 690 Likes on 560 Posts
WTF is Fan Tour Club bullshit? $100? You've got to be kidding me. I assume all that's left for general public sale is crap seats.

Fuck them. Greedy bastards.

And where the fuck are DC/Baltimore dates? If they do play DC, I certainly hope they play at a large venue like RFK or FedEx instead of MCI Center.

Last edited by Red Dog; 02-27-07 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-27-07, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What a fucking Mickey Mouse corporation Best Buy is.

After trying for over 4 hours to get through to the Reward Zone (their phones were down), I was told that the reason I got a code for a concert 1,200 miles away is because "all the codes for your area were taken, so you got bumped to another concert."
Old 02-27-07, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Red Dog, Police tried to book M&T Stadium but could not due to the Ravens. They are still trying to get to DC, but are having issues because of Skins/Ravens/Nationals.

Most likely, I will try to go to Hershey.
Old 02-27-07, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
What a fucking Mickey Mouse corporation Best Buy is.

After trying for over 4 hours to get through to the Reward Zone (their phones were down), I was told that the reason I got a code for a concert 1,200 miles away is because "all the codes for your area were taken, so you got bumped to another concert."
How can that be when I just did mine a few minutes ago and got my code for the Detroit show?
Old 02-28-07, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I got the Best Buy code, but at 10:01 it was saying there're no tickets available. I find this highly unlikely, and I've tried different combinations as well (1 ticket/2 tickets, etc.). Not a very happy camper at present!
Old 03-01-07, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by iggystar
How can that be when I just did mine a few minutes ago and got my code for the Detroit show?
Damned if I know. I was probably told that because I was talking to customer support team Hadji out of freakin' India, where you can barely understand what they're saying and they have no clue what they're talking about.
Old 03-01-07, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PJsig08
Anyone get lucky for LA? These tickets have sold out RIDICULOUSLY fast. I got 4 somehow at Dodger Stadium (pretty good) and tried again a few minutes later and they were sold out. That was at about 10:07am. Crazy
yea i got lucky. i got the presale code email around 9:30am the day before. so i had plenty of time to get ready. as soon as 10am hit on 2/22 i did a search for best seats and got 2 tix.

Last edited by peon73; 03-05-07 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-01-07, 06:54 PM

The other I was looking at Best Buy Reward Zone and was clicking around out of curiousity. Well, I didn't read fine print so now I'm screwed out of a code for Tampa, the only show I'd consider going to. Is it worth calling trying to get them to give me another one/new one?
Old 03-01-07, 10:23 PM

I enter the code at 10:02, it took me three tries to get through the stupid verification...I couldn't read the stupid squiggly letters. By the time I got through about a minute later tickets were gone..all combinations.
Old 03-03-07, 12:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got 2 tickets to the Edmonton show on wednesday morning using the BB code. My first try I got 13th row stage left. Expensive tickets, but i've been waiting for this concert my whole life.

Ian
Old 03-03-07, 01:19 PM

Sold out within one minute. Perhaps there will be another show......
Old 03-05-07, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,989 Likes on 4,744 Posts
Anyone know what happened with the Las Vegas show? There used to be a 6/13/07 date at the Best Buy site; now it's changed to TBD and Ticketmaster doesn't even list the city as part of the tour. I guess there must be some problem with the date as far as availablility or perhaps confilcting with a big fight?
Old 03-05-07, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
WTF is Fan Tour Club bullshit? $100? You've got to be kidding me. I assume all that's left for general public sale is crap seats.

And where the fuck are DC/Baltimore dates? If they do play DC, I certainly hope they play at a large venue like RFK or FedEx instead of MCI Center.
Greetings from the UK. I'm with you on this. Here in Manchester, England they are having 3 days of pre-sales before they go on offer to everyone else. Plenty of time for the ticket touts to sign up and grab all the tickets. There will be fuck all left by the time they go on general sale.

This tour is nothing more than a retirement fund for The Police......the money-grabbing bastards. Well done to the multi-millionaire Sting for his two-fingered salute to the fans!!

I'll wait for the DVD and buy that.
Old 03-05-07, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iggystar
Sold out within one minute. Perhaps there will be another show......
The Detroit one sold out that quick?? Wow! I managed to get tickets (somehow).

...Just checked, and I'm not sure if Det. is what you were looking for, or if you were looking for any particular seat, but some behind-the-stage seats came up for me when I just checked out of curiousity.
Old 03-05-07, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

does anyone not care about this? yes, reunions are good...but the other two members are really nobodies and seeing sting solo playing police songs probably sounds the same.........

edit: well, it's not worth the money!! and i did want to go and im venting about the prices!!
Old 03-05-07, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by paulringodaman
does anyone not care about this? yes, reunions are good...but the other two members are really nobodies and seeing sting solo playing police songs probably sounds the same.........
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... no.
Old 03-05-07, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by Decker
Anyone know what happened with the Las Vegas show? There used to be a 6/13/07 date at the Best Buy site; now it's changed to TBD and Ticketmaster doesn't even list the city as part of the tour. I guess there must be some problem with the date as far as availablility or perhaps confilcting with a big fight?
Actually it was scheduled for 6/15/07 (13th is my b-day) and I am hoping it still goes off as I didn't buy tix for Dodger Stadium based on the Vegas show date/venue.

Edited to add: Still shows up on the official site as a date.
http://www.thepolicetour.com/news/news.php?uid=4879

Last edited by Chrisedge; 03-05-07 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-05-07, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by paulringodaman
but the other two members are really nobodies
Um... Yeah. Dude, have a look at what Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland have been doing (since The Police split) while Sting has been pumping out adult contemporary bullshit. Hell, Copeland alone has 69 film and television scores to his credit... Pretty good for a "nobody".

As for the tour, it's a ridiculous money grab but I'll be at the St. Louis show.
Old 03-05-07, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by reverie
The Detroit one sold out that quick?? Wow! I managed to get tickets (somehow).

...Just checked, and I'm not sure if Det. is what you were looking for, or if you were looking for any particular seat, but some behind-the-stage seats came up for me when I just checked out of curiousity.
This was according to my brother. I'm assuming they went ahead and opened those behind the stage tickets. I'm not sure if I want to shell out $70 for behind the stage seats.

Still considering...
Old 03-05-07, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

well let's just say I was NOT impressed when they reunited for the grammy's.......BUT when simon and garfunkel did, I was blown away....
Old 03-05-07, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by peon73
anybody interested in buying my police tickets for los angeles? 2 in LG144 section. PM if interested
You could definitely eBay those for $$$ closer to the event date
Old 03-06-07, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 123 Posts
Vegas and Staples Center go on BB presale tomorrow....
Old 03-06-07, 10:11 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog

I'd rather see them at RFK or MCI since they are metro accessible, than that clusterfuck parking situation over at FedEx.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.