Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Hot damn!! Tom Waits to tour. Dates announced next week.

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Hot damn!! Tom Waits to tour. Dates announced next week.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-06, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by auto
from pitchforkmedia:

08-02 Asheville, NC - Thomas Wolfe Auditorium

Now I have to be lucky enough to get two tickets!
Old 07-05-06, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im going to attempt to get tix for the akron show. a little steep but i never seen tom waits live before and i love him. honestly, i havent been impressed by the reworkings of his classic songs from the various live recordings i heard over the years but ill still go if i get the chance.
Old 07-06-06, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by scarredgod
im going to attempt to get tix for the akron show. a little steep but i never seen tom waits live before and i love him. honestly, i havent been impressed by the reworkings of his classic songs from the various live recordings i heard over the years but ill still go if i get the chance.
Have the Akron tickets went on sale yet?
Old 07-06-06, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Have the Akron tickets went on sale yet?
Friday July 14th 10am ticketmaster for the akron show.
Old 07-06-06, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Damnit i will be out of town that day with no internet access. Hopefully there will be some left the next day or late that night.
Old 07-06-06, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Woohoo. I've found someone to go to the Nashville show with me if I can get tickets.
Old 07-08-06, 09:15 AM

Just got my tix for atlanta. Wow what an ordeal that was, they really screwed up. They had 'International Will Call' as the only delivery method. I had to say I lived in United States Outlying Islands (United States was not an option).. and THEN it was forcing me to enter my credit card info (even though I have it stored on there), but when I put it in, it would tell me I already had that card stored.. well duh! So I had to go delete my credit card from my account, and then go back thru the process. They were sold out and then not sold out many times, so I bet others are having the same trouble. Good luck to those of you trying..

EDIT: 10:23am they finally fixed the will call options

Last edited by Geminix; 07-08-06 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-08-06, 10:46 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Geminix
Just got my tix for atlanta. Wow what an ordeal that was, they really screwed up. They had 'International Will Call' as the only delivery method. I had to say I lived in United States Outlying Islands (United States was not an option).. and THEN it was forcing me to enter my credit card info (even though I have it stored on there), but when I put it in, it would tell me I already had that card stored.. well duh! So I had to go delete my credit card from my account, and then go back thru the process. They were sold out and then not sold out many times, so I bet others are having the same trouble. Good luck to those of you trying..

Got a couple of tix myself. I never thought that the Tabernacle would be selling actual seats instead of general admission.

Can't wait to see the show!!!
Old 07-08-06, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by MrTerrific
Got a couple of tix myself. I never thought that the Tabernacle would be selling actual seats instead of general admission.
Yeah they've been doing that lately for certain shows. The Beck show I went to there a few weeks ago was like that - general admission on the floor, and reserved in the balcony. I still opt for floor usually, as I like to get right up front..
Old 07-08-06, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How do they do that at the Tabernacle? I don't think there were any identifying labels on the seats I saw when I was there for my one and only concert prior to moving away from the area.
Old 07-14-06, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Geminix

Had the exact same problems. I bet there are some PISSED off people. I just put a new credit card in instead of fooling around trying to cancel and re-submit. The good news....

I GOT TIX!!!

Main Floor - Diamond Circle
Center of the House
Row G
Seats 211-212

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. Any other people here going to the Detroit show?
Old 07-14-06, 12:14 PM

I just got 2 tickets for the Detroit show. Been a fan for a long time but I've never seen him. I heard that he has not come to Detroit in 20 years.

By the way, this show sold out within 15 minutes.
Old 07-14-06, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There are still tix available for the Memphis show. I pulled Row B on the second level. May still be there.
Old 07-14-06, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did anyone get tickets for the Nashville show? My request went through online and was "in line" for tickets with a 15 min wait and then I was booted off. I think it sold out in 10 mins. Pissed me off.
Old 07-14-06, 03:58 PM

I can't believe my incredible luck. I managed to get a seat in Row B of section MF-3 at the Ryman (Nashville). This is the front row of the permanent seats on the lower level. Sometimes the Ryman puts a couple of rows of folding chairs in the "pit" section between the permanent seats and the stage though. I think it probably helped that I only needed a single ticket instead of a pair.

For this show at the Ryman, you had to decide whether or not you wanted to try for the preferred (will call) seating. They didn't let you know how many tickets were available in that section. If the preferred seats were sold out, it didn't automatically give you an available seat in the rest of the auditorium, so you would have to start the selection process over again. If you chose standard tickets you probably had a better overall chance of getting a ticket, but you had no chance of getting the preferred seats. I wasn't crazy about this, but I took a chance on the preferred seats, and it paid off.

Last edited by Dusty Bottoms; 07-14-06 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-14-06, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i got my ticket for the akron show, surprisingly there still seem to be good seats left. i really thought they would sell out fast. i never been there but it looks like i got the 15th row on the floor in the middle. i cant wait!
Old 07-14-06, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i just checked again, looks like akron is now sold out. guess there were just a few singles left, and gone now.
Old 08-01-06, 10:49 AM

TONIGHT for Atlanta!!!

I'm so excited!!!
Old 08-01-06, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Make sure you give us a review MrTerrific!!
Old 08-01-06, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Screw all you bastards who are getting to go to one of the shows.
Old 08-02-06, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Im goin To the Louisville show, and my bloods pumpin' like a train headed toward the carnival. hehe wonder if Dutch Pink will be there... hmmm
Old 08-02-06, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Setlist from Atlanta show:

Spoiler:
Make It Rain
Hoist That Rag
Shore Leave
God's Away On Business
November
Til The Money Runs Out
Blue Valentine
Lucky Day
Tango Til They're Sore
HOuse Where Nobody Lives
Don't Go Into That Barn
New song?
Whistlin' Past The Graveyard
9th & Hennepin
Trampled Rose
Get Behind The Mule
Murder In The Red Barn
Shake It
Singapore
Going Out West
Day After Tomorrow
Heartattack & Vine

Great set. Reaching back for a bit of stuff from Bule Valentines and H & Vine.

Last edited by cdollaz; 08-02-06 at 08:14 AM.
Old 08-02-06, 09:37 AM

Great show!!

The set list that cdollaz posted is dead on.

Tom played for about 2 hours and reached back to Blue Valentine and Heartattack and Vine. He also played a couple of tunes from Mule Variations. Nothing from the early years though. He told stories of dog treats made of bull penis and the bad neigborhoods of Atlanta that now have yogurt shops.

And he played "God's Away on Buisness"

Tom's voice and showmanship were as grand as always!!

This was Tom's first show in Atlanta in nearly 30 years and I got to be there...wow.
Old 08-02-06, 10:55 AM

My first Waits show, and I loved it! The process getting in was definitely not very well thought out, but it was totally worth it. Only one person between me and the stage..perfect view.

The least crappy of my crappy photos with crappy camera:
Old 08-02-06, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

im refusing to look at the setlist, thanks for putting it in a spoiler box. i cant wait for this show and i wanna be surprised.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.