Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

A Perfect Circle new album & more!!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

A Perfect Circle new album & more!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-04, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NICE!
Old 08-26-04, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So is the new album completely new or a remix album
Old 08-26-04, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by gmal2003
From what I gather it will be a mix of cover songs and new material.
Old 08-27-04, 12:12 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by gmal2003
They are releasing:

1. a "political album" with new songs, cover songs and apparently this Pet remix is on there as well.

2. a dedicated remix album

3. a live dvd

all in November I think.
Old 08-27-04, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by MJKTool
They are releasing:

1. a "political album" with new songs, cover songs and apparently this Pet remix is on there as well.

2. a dedicated remix album

3. a live dvd

all in November I think.
Yep, except the remix album and DVD will be packaged together.
Old 08-27-04, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

sweet, Im in for all of them. Cant wait for them to tour again and come back to Michigan.
Old 08-27-04, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This was released today.

BTW - check out the video and the e-card of Bush riding the elephant with bare ass and fuel pump in it.
* here is the link http://www.aperfectcircle.com/bodies.html

A Perfect Circle has slated an Election Day release date for a new album, "eMOTIVe." Due Nov. 2 via Virgin, the set of original songs and covers is described by bandleader Maynard James Keenan as "a collection of songs about war, peace, love and greed."

In a statement on the rock act's official Web site, Keenan says APC versions of John Lennon's "Imagine," Marvin Gaye's "What's Goin On" and Fear's "Let's Have a War" will be included.

A full "eMOTIVe" track list was not available at deadline, according to a label spokesperson.

In advance of the album, the group has posted an animated video for the original track "Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums." According to Keenan, who is also the frontman of Tool, the clip "pok[es] fun at our fearless leader. Hopefully, you'll find it as entertaining as we do."

In the video, U.S. President George W. Bush distributes mesmerizing televisions that turn children into sheep. The animals are eventually led off a cliff to a pounding chant of "go back to sleep."

The album will be the follow-up to last year's "Thirteenth Step," which debuted at No. 2 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 854,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. In June, the band closed a world tour's U.S. leg at Colorado's Red Rocks Amphitheatre.

In the balance of his message, Keenan implores APC fans to "Remember... Every single vote counts. Don't let yourself be tricked into thinking it does not. It is important for us all to engage this political system and to be conscious of who is being chosen to speak for us. If you choose not to be involved with decisions that affect your life on a daily basis, in our opinion, you forfeit your right to complain about it later.

"Think for yourself. Question authority," he adds. "Hopefully you will choose to vote on November 2nd."

-- courtesy of Billboard

Last edited by Frank TJ Mackey; 08-27-04 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-27-04, 10:23 PM

WTF? 13th step has only sold 800k? Jeasus christ what is this country comming to? Maynard needs to have a reality show.
Old 08-28-04, 01:51 AM

Originally posted by Willy
WTF? 13th step has only sold 800k? Jeasus christ what is this country comming to? Maynard needs to have a reality show.
I was a little surprised by that number too.
Old 08-28-04, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Mer Des Noms sold over 1.5 million.
Old 08-28-04, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Part of the reason 13th Step didn't sell as well is because the lead single "Weak & Powerless" was not up to par with their best work.

i was less than thrilled to hear it for the first time way back then.
Old 08-29-04, 01:48 AM

Originally posted by Frank TJ Mackey
Part of the reason 13th Step didn't sell as well is because the lead single "Weak & Powerless" was not up to par with their best work.

That's a good point. When I fisrt heard it I just kind of went "Eh". It took awhile for it to really grow on me, but I like it quite a bit now.
Old 08-31-04, 03:56 PM

Originally posted by Frank TJ Mackey

I kinda agree I personally like "Weak and Powersless" but think " Pet " would of been alot better single.
Old 08-31-04, 06:46 PM
Suspended

New Info on DVD & Remix Package:

On November 16th, A Perfect Circle will release aMOTION, a live DVD that includes a remix compilation on CD. This is the live DVD and remix album we have been talking about. Thanks to MOON from aperfectcircle-france.com for the new details.
So:

eMOTIVe - New Political Album - Nov. 2

aMOTION - Live DVD & Remix CD - Nov. 16
Old 08-31-04, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Willy
I kinda agree I personally like "Weak and Powersless" but think " Pet " would of been alot better single.
Old 08-31-04, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I liked the version of Weak and Powerless that was on the underworld soundtrack.
Old 09-02-04, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
There are commericals on CNN during the republican convention for eMOTIVe, watch for them!
Old 09-02-04, 07:57 PM

Sweet! Can you briefly describe what's in the commercial? I imagine I probably won't catch it watching the other channel
Old 09-02-04, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by SomeVoices
Sweet! Can you briefly describe what's in the commercial? I imagine I probably won't catch it watching the other channel
Shows an old man walking a herd of Pigs, and there is somebody in the background talking about marching blindly to war or something to that effect and then the Perfect Circle logo comes on and you can hear part of a song.
Old 09-02-04, 08:09 PM

Originally posted by Lateralus
Shows an old man walking a herd of Pigs, and there is somebody in the background talking about marching blindly to war or something to that effect and then the Perfect Circle logo comes on and you can hear part of a song.
Nice, I'll try and catch it.
Old 09-09-04, 04:54 PM
Suspended

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/ar..._id=1000626795

APC Covers Revolutionary Anthems
On its forthcoming album "eMOTIVe," A Perfect Circle offers a pack of 10 covers and two new songs. Bandleader Maynard James Keenan's description of the set as "a collection of songs about war, peace, love and greed" couldn't be more accurate, as the band has reinterpreted songs of revolution by singer/songwriters and punks and from the worlds of blues, soul and new wave.

As previously reported, the album is due on the U.S. Election Day (Nov. 2) and is preceded by the single "Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums." An anti-war/George Bush animated video is posted on the band's Web site along with a pro-voting message from Keenan.

In addition to previously announced versions of John Lennon's "Imagine," Marvin Gaye's "What's Goin On" and Fear's "Let's Have a War," Billboard.com can exclusively reveal that "eMOTIVe" includes renditions of songs by Joni Mitchell, Devo, Depeche Mode and Black Flag, as well as the original song "Passive."

The set opens with APC's take on "Annihilation" by short-lived, politically charged San Francisco punk act Crucifix and also features a take of Black Flag's snarling "Gimme Gimme Gimme."

Keenan and his bandmates also reinterpret Mitchell's "Fiddle and the Drum," an intimate, war-questioning cut from her 1969 masterpiece "Clouds"; the Nick Lowe-written, Elvis Costello-popularized "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace Love and Understanding"; and the Memphis Minnie blues classic "When the Levee Breaks," most famously covered by Led Zeppelin.

Delving into new wave, APC takes on the title track of Devo's 1980 hit album "Freedom of Choice" and Depeche Mode's breakthrough single about compassion, "People Are People."

Just two weeks after the release of the covers album, A Perfect Circle will release "aMOTION," a remix CD and DVD package with live clips.

Here is the "eMOTIVe" track list:

"Annihilation"
"Imagine"
"(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace Love and Understanding"
"Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums"
"What's Going On"
"When the Levee Breaks"
"Freedom of Choice"
"People Are People"
"Passive"
"Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie"
"Let's Have a War"
"Fiddle and the Drum"
Old 09-09-04, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

eMOTIVe sounds almost as original as mOBSCENE.

anyway, i hope the music isn't as juvenille as the band seems to have become.
Old 09-09-04, 07:24 PM

While I don't necessarily agree with what seem to be their political views, I respect what they're doing and am interested to see what they do with these songs. The is likely to be the last A Perfect Circle release for quite awhile (aside of course of the remix cd/live dvd), and even if it doesn't live up to their original material in terms of quality, I'm sure I'll still be glad to have it.
Old 09-24-04, 01:44 PM
Suspended

A Perfect Circle has just released the new single of 'Imagine' from their new album eMOTIVe today.Imagine
Artwork for upcomming releases:

eMOTIVe
aMOTION
Old 09-24-04, 03:35 PM

Wow, a part of me was worried that this album might suck, but after hearing that song I think there may be no need to worry anymore.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.