Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Lollapalooza Canceled!

Old 07-01-04, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by atlantamoi
The sucky thing about this is that nobody else will try and tour in the future with a cool lineup like this. As I stated before I passed on tix because of the festival-type standing room only.
No go for me.
Agreed. I hate big festivals, especially out in the sun, I don't care who's playing it's too much of a headache with the parking, sometimes walking, bathrooms, food, water, people, etc.
Old 07-01-04, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Giantrobo
Good point. Concert going is fast becoming a thing for the rich only.
Or if you are lucky enough to win tix at your local radio station. It seems like half the venue is already "sold out" to people in the industry (who, besides the peeps in retail, don't give a rat's @ss who's on stage) or for radio contests before the tix are available to the public.
Old 07-08-04, 11:09 AM
Suspended

It seems like half the venue is already "sold out" to people in the industry (who, besides the peeps in retail, don't give a rat's @ss who's on stage) or for radio contests before the tix are available to the public
the artists are the only ones to blame for that, so even though the people might not care about the artist, the artist for some reason wants these people in the audience