Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Little Things (2021, W/D: Hancock) S: Denzel Washington, Jared Leto, Rami Malek

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Little Things (2021, W/D: Hancock) S: Denzel Washington, Jared Leto, Rami Malek

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-21, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 327 Likes on 244 Posts
Re: The Little Things (2021, W/D: Hancock) S: Denzel Washington, Jared Leto, Rami Malek

Malek is an early front-runner for "The Stupidest Movie Character of the Year." (You have to see it to know the stuff I'm talking about.)

Denzel is solid in this...really the only reason to see the film. I liked it, but I'm sure I'll forget it in a month or so.
Old 02-01-21, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 731 Likes on 596 Posts
Re: The Little Things (2021, W/D: Hancock) S: Denzel Washington, Jared Leto, Rami Malek

I have a 2018 4K TV and I could not get this in the 4K stream.
Old 02-01-21, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,306 Likes on 950 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
I have a 2018 4K TV and I could not get this in the 4K stream.
Did you watch ww1985 in 4k?
Old 02-02-21, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 938 Likes on 692 Posts

I liked the film up to the ending. Way to make us dislike literally every character in the film...

Agree with what's been said about Malek though; that first shot we see him in outside the cafe is total cringe.
Old 02-09-21, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

I will pretty much watch anything with Denzel. The only 2 recent ones that I didn't see were Fences and Roman J. Israel. So I am looking forward to this on Friday.
Same here, Fences was really good, not sure if I'll watch it again anytime soon. Have not seen Roman J. Israel yet, even though I found it on DVD at DT.

Malek was so stiff... like he was super distracting when on screen. I was there just for Denzel and his story was the best part of the whole story. lol
Agree, I like a lot of John Lee Hancock movies.
The editing seemed off in some parts. I do not mind the slow burn pace, but this movie was not well done overall.
I could watch a Zahler film again, and not get bored and really enjoy the flick.

Denzel character saying " It's the little things that are important, Jimmy. It's the little things that get you caught.
That I have might have missed something. I got the ending, but still a little confused about the beginning and a few other parts.
I'm also getting older. Have to watch the first part again. Worth a watch for sure, but was hoping for more. 6.5 rating from me.
Old 02-10-21, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,033 Likes on 851 Posts

That’s two mehs out of two from me so far in the HBO Max/WB theatrical initiative.

As a warmed-over version of Seven, it was fine but nothing memorable. This is something I’d never have seen in theaters, so I just ended up streaming it a little earlier.
Old 03-28-21, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by clckworang
This movie felt like it was aping Seven, so I couldn't help but compare them.
I would also add that one small thing that reminded me of Se7en, was the film doesn't overtly tell us what time period it takes place in, outside the use of payphones and a quick shot of a Pager.

Saw this yesterday. As others mentioned, the cast was solid but the overall film was very average.

After a pretty solid build-up, the film stumbles quite a bit in its second-half and clearly isn't sure where it wants to go.

The finale doesn't quite hit like Director/Writer John Lee Hancock wanted it to.