Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Uncut Gems (2019, D: Safdie Brothers) S: Sandler, Stanfield, Menzel, Garnett, Fox, Bogosian

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Uncut Gems (2019, D: Safdie Brothers) S: Sandler, Stanfield, Menzel, Garnett, Fox, Bogosian

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-20, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Uncut Gems (2019, D: Safdie Brothers) S: Sandler, Stanfield, Menzel, Garnett, Fox, Bogosian

Originally Posted by TomOpus
This is available on Netflix now.

I was about to highlight the fact that this has been on Netflix for months, only to find out it debuted on Canadian Netflix in January. Strange.
Old 07-01-20, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Re: Uncut Gems (2019, D: Safdie Brothers) S: Sandler, Stanfield, Menzel, Garnett, Fox, Bogosian

Just saw this on Netflix. A tough watch, and I wanted to punch Sandler in the face many times, but the story was so 8nteresting I kept watching. It helped the suspense that I couldn’t remember what exactly happened in those NBA playoffs. Wife hated it, though.
Old 07-12-20, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

recently saw this. from the little preview thumbnail on netflix I thought it was Paccino t first. Didn't know anything about the movie, figured it'd be comedy, or at least somewhat of a comedy since it was sandler. Impressed that it wasn't. Also figured with the colonoscopy opening that he'd have cancer and it'd be a breaking bad situation.

Liked the movie even if it wasn't what I was initially expecting. Good to see Sandler do something different. Yeah, he should have figured his brother in law's goon wouldn't just be like "ok the bet hit pay my boss and we're good" but the whole movie was him making bad decisions so it's not surprising. He should have only bet the amount that was over 100,000, he still would have gotten rich, and paid off the brother in law.

the goons would likely be arrested fairly quickly, they'd have been recorded on multiple cameras. Guess the theme of bad decisions applied to them too LOL
Old 07-25-20, 04:35 PM
Suspended

Location: Indianapolis, IN. Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend. Come inside! Come inside!
Received 551 Likes on 380 Posts

UNCUT GEMS "This is how I win" in Lego
(Language Warning)