Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Jurassic World Dominion (2022, D: Trevorrow)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-18, 02:00 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Almost four months before Universal Pictures unleashes Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, the studio is making plans for a third installment of the rebooted dinosaur adventure movie series.

Jurassic World 3 will be written franchise newcomer Emily Carmichael along with Colin Trevorrow, the director of the 2015 reboot and co-writer of Fallen Kingdom.

And the studio has set a June 11, 2021 release date for the movie.

Trevorrow is returning to exec produce the new chapter along with Steven Spielberg, the filmmaker behind the original movies in the 1990s.

Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley are returning as producers.

Plot details are being kept locked in a canister but Carmichael and Trevorrow will work from a story concocted by Trevorrow and writer partner Derek Connolly. Carmichael co-wrote the upcoming Pacific Rim Uprising and most recently rewrote The Black Hole for Disney and director Joseph Kosinski. She came to Spielberg’s attention when she set up the family action-adventure Powerhouse at Amblin.

“It’s important to this franchise that we welcome new creative voices to keep our storytelling fresh and alive,” says Trevorrow. “I’m thrilled with the tension and beauty J.A. has brought to Fallen Kingdom, and I know Emily will add another layer of emotion to the concluding chapter of our trilogy.”

Jurassic World rebooted Jurassic Park, the popular trilogy that adapted the best-selling Michael Crichton novel. The movie, fueled by the star power of Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard combined with nostalgic hunger, was a roaring success, grossing over $1.6 billion worldwide.

Fallen Kingdom, directed by J.A. Bayona, opens June 22.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...e-date-1086960
Old 02-21-18, 02:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Jurassic World: Dominion (2022, D: Trevorrow)

Let's just see how Fallen Kingdom does before ya start talking about the concluding chapter of your trilogy, eh, Colin?

And Jurassic World was not a reboot.
Old 02-21-18, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts

^ Fallen Kingdom may end up being a terrible movie but it’ll still make a billion dollars. They’re not exactly over extending themselves by already taking about a third movie.
Old 03-30-18, 12:44 PM

Steven Spielberg confirms Colin Trevorrow will direct third Jurassic World
http://ew.com/movies/2018/03/30/coli..._medium=social
Old 12-13-18, 08:06 PM

Trevorrow:

Many assume Jurassic World 3 will feature dinosaurs terrorizing cities and suburbs, and fans are often referring to properties like Godzilla and Planet of the Apes. Are these connections a fair assumption, or do you plan to keep the dinosaurs in the wilder, more untamed landscapes?

I just have no idea what would motivate dinosaurs to terrorize a city. They can’t organize. Right now we’ve got lethal predators in wild areas surrounding cities all over the world. They don’t go pack hunting for humans in urban areas. The world I get excited about is the one where it’s possible that a dinosaur might run out in front of your car on a foggy backroad, or invade your campground looking for food. A world where dinosaur interaction is unlikely but possible—the same way we watch out for bears or sharks. We hunt animals, we traffic them, we herd them, we breed them, we invade their territory and pay the price, but we don’t go to war with them. If that was the case, we’d have lost that war a long time ago.

“Jurassic World 3” or “Jurassic Park 6”? Ultimately a subtitle will replace the numbers, but is there a chance the ‘Park’ branding will return?

Emily and I call it Jurassic Park 6 because it’s fun, and that’s what it is to us. This is the conclusion of a story that began 25 years ago, and I think fans will be fired up when they see how much we’re connecting it to the source material. I know Jurassic World didn’t feel like a sequel in a traditional sense—the title change probably contributed to that—but it was. And so is this.
https://jurassicoutpost.com/exclusiv...assic-world-3/
Old 12-13-18, 09:06 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Biggest tease is that they make it sound like this is the last in the series. If only.
Old 12-14-18, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"We hunt animals, we traffic them, we herd them, we breed them, we invade their territory and pay the price, but we don’t go to war with them. If that was the case, we’d have lost that war a long time ago."

Someone needs to explain the last 200 million years of evolution to this guy.

Our dino-era ancestors were little shrew-like fellows who could do something dinos couldn't... tolerate climate change. Everything between them and us built on that and added to our evolution. For an animal that has little natural protection from the elements, isn't very fast, has no claws, no fangs, and has far less than the best hearing, eyesight, and sense of smell, we've become this world's apex predator.

Dino's don't stand a chance, any more than other animals have. At this point in time, we've driven almost every other larger mammal (as well as smaller ones) to near extinction, and the only reason they aren't is because we've slacked off. Not because they got better at adapting to our predation.

"We'd have lost that war a long time ago" my ass.
Old 12-15-18, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

^ While that last sentence from Trevorrow about losing the war a long time ago is fairly stupid I’m more excited about a JW3 after reading the first part of that paragraph talking about it being unlikely that dinosaurs would attack whole cities.

I’m far more interested in a story where it’s possible to run into a dinosaur on a dark road or in the wild like you would a bear or a shark than having them attack cities.

Of course, I’m sure I’m in the minority here considering this forum has been crowing for dinosaurs with lasers on their heads for years now. Bunch of damn Dr. Evils up in this bitch.
Old 12-16-18, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is the first Jurassic Park/World that I can honestly say the only good thing about it is the dinos.
I honestly feel Chris Pratt was just slumming his way thru this.
Felt very much like a money grab...
Old 12-16-18, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 743 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by melasnus
This is the first Jurassic Park/World that I can honestly say the only good thing about it is the dinos.
So tell me future boy, who's President of the United States in 2021?
Old 12-16-18, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Sorry, my bad.
I thought this thread was referring to JW2.
Old 12-16-18, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Hey, you're the one predicting there WILL BE a United States in 2021 ...

I agree with GoldenJCJ 100%. That's something that has captured my imagination since the original JP. In fact, some of those exact images have run through my imagination. Looking forward to see what Trevorrow comes up with.

Last edited by Abob Teff; 12-16-18 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12-16-18, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Hey, you're the one predicting there WILL BE a United States in 2021 ...
Your point is well taken.
Old 12-16-18, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by melasnus
I don't think it's slumming it per se, but more of a character choice. I think the problem is the original trilogy each had a light hearted character that brought humor to the proceedings. Malcolm in JP1, Nick Van Owen in JP2 and to a lesser extent Paul Kirby in JP3.

The Jurassic World trilogy lacks that comedic element so you are expecting Pratt as Star Lord. Pratt playing the straight man would work better if there was another character to lighten the mood. Instead the audience is just left wanting Pratt to break into Peter Quill from time to time.
Old 12-17-18, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this sounds super stupid
Old 12-17-18, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I don't think it's slumming it per se, but more of a character choice. I think the problem is the original trilogy each had a light hearted character that brought humor to the proceedings. Malcolm in JP1, Nick Van Owen in JP2 and to a lesser extent Paul Kirby in JP3.

The Jurassic World trilogy lacks that comedic element so you are expecting Pratt as Star Lord. Pratt playing the straight man would work better if there was another character to lighten the mood. Instead the audience is just left wanting Pratt to break into Peter Quill from time to time.
In spite of Pratt's brilliant Star Lord characterizations, I wasn't really looking for him to pull it out of his pocket for this franchise.
There were moments in JW2 where it appeared he was bored and putting little effort into his performance.
Old 12-17-18, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Movies often confuse Stoic and Bored
Old 05-01-19, 06:36 PM

After all these years, Jurassic Park is still a career high for Laura Dern.

The 52-year-old actress addressed rumors that Dr. Ellie Satler, her character in the beloved 1993 movie, will make a cameo in the highly anticipated third Jurassic World sequel.

"I don't know, I have no idea actually," she confessed to ET's Katie Krause during a joint interview with her J.T. LeRoy co-star, Kristen Stewart.

That being said, if asked, Dern wouldn't hesitate to return to the film franchise. "I mean, I love Dr. Ellie Satler so I could never say no to that on any level," she admitted. "But I really don't know, I don't even know what they're cooking up yet."

The A-lister also revealed that she only just met Jurassic World leading man Chris Pratt, and it was like they'd known each other for years. "I met Chris recently at a restaurant and we didn't know each other," she recalled. "It was really funny, we ran into each other's arms and hugged each other like we were family, because we're both in the same movie [franchise.]"

Dern added, "He just seemed fantastic and hilarious."

Both Pratt and Dern's Jurassic Park co-star, Jeff Goldblum, have spoken to ET about Dern possibly returning to the franchise -- and they're all for it.

"Anyway she wants to come in would be amazing," Pratt marveled to ET last June. "The fact that she'd be willing to is just another endorsement from one of the original cast members, which is music to our ears."

Goldblum also endorsed the actress. "I don't want to pass on gossip like my character," the 66- year-old actor said, referring to his role in Jurassic Park as the silver-tongued scientist, Dr. Ian Malcolm. "But it would be good news to me and to everyone, [to] millions and billions of people all over the world… all over the universe and cosmos when Ellie Sattler returns."
https://www.etonline.com/laura-dern-...clusive-124294

I would very much like to see her return.
Old 05-01-19, 07:34 PM
Banned by request

I would very much like them to stop making shit franchise movies.
Old 05-01-19, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by E Unit
I would very much like them to stop making shit franchise movies.
That too. Last one was garbage.
Old 05-01-19, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

The first act on the island was phenomenal. They cut themsevles short.

That being said, bring back Ellie. I'm all for it.
Old 05-01-19, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts

If only the dinosaurs just ate everyone in the last movie I might have been entertained.
Old 05-02-19, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Please don't take this as thread-crapping, but I still haven't seen Fallen Kingdom. I'll get around to it, but I've never thought these movies worked well after you take the "Park" out of Jurassic Park. The original and the first Chris Pratt reboot were the only two films I thought were good.
Old 05-02-19, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Please don't take this as thread-crapping, but I still haven't seen Fallen Kingdom. I'll get around to it, but I've never thought these movies worked well after you take the "Park" out of Jurassic Park. The original and the first Chris Pratt reboot were the only two films I thought were good.
I like the franchise and freely admit that I eagerly anticipate each new entry but to be honest, you’re right. Really the only two worth a damn are the original and JW.

Jurrasic World acts as the perfect direct sequel to JP. The other movies are just filler.

I appreciate that they were trying to go a little darker in The Lost World but they still got stuck in the “we have to have a kid in the movie” trap that sinks the story.
Old 05-02-19, 08:32 AM
Banned by request

That's some fattening filler. Again, I go back to my comments long ago, with a premise as dinosaurs living with humans, there should be so much more creativity they can do with this. It sucks and I'm tired of seeing nothing but storylines on the islands (for the most part) and bad guys who only want to capture them and sell them. They exhausted that with The Lost World. Have a shred of originality and do something else with the premise.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.