Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-18, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
re: Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

I thought that was old news. I know I read it before
Old 06-25-18, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

It is old news. Very old news.
Old 06-25-18, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

I couldn't remember who she had the love scene with in that film, so I Googled it and guess what the first thing that comes up is? The exact same post from the same poster, but on a completely different forum:

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/jl...%9D.455052348/
Old 06-25-18, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
I couldn't remember who she had the love scene with in that film, so I Googled it and guess what the first thing that comes up is? The exact same post from the same poster, but on a completely different forum:

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/jl...%9D.455052348/
4 messages there, three of which are threads about this topic and one is a response to one of the topics. Dude really hates Wesley Snipes or something.
Old 06-25-18, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by VHS?
I've always been under the impression that it was common knowledge that Hollywood was a dark place, full of secrets and bad shit. This stuff isn't new. But it amazes me that as long as the internet has been around and it's first form of social interactions, why this stuff is just now coming out the way it is. Did it take someone to turn a pound symbol into 'hashtag'?
I know, right?

It's almost like someone was weaponizing kompromising information and strategically releasing it... as a distraction.
Old 06-25-18, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
I know, right?

It's almost like someone was weaponizing kompromising information and strategically releasing it... as a distraction.
Old 06-26-18, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

So ... is Hardwick “Dead Man Talking”?
Old 06-26-18, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Seems pretty silent on that story since he posted the texts. He is, considering he's been dropped already however we still don't know the truth of the situation
Old 06-26-18, 11:21 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 06-26-18, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Aisha Tyler brought up Chris Hardwick at the start of AMC's "Unapologetic" last night at the start of the show. My DVR cut off in the middle of what she was saying when it switched from Dietland to her show, so I didn't completely catch what she said. I heard her say that Chris has been her friend. I think she said their show wouldn't shy away from discussing the topic, but they didn't bring it up the rest of the show. Hopefully, it pops up on YouTube so I can hear the whole thing. It might be on demand also.
Old 06-26-18, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
Seems pretty silent on that story since he posted the texts. He is, considering he's been dropped already however we still don't know the truth of the situation
Yeah like someone said, he may be Lawyering up and they told him to keep quiet

...or

...he's guilty and knows he fucked up on many levels.
Old 06-26-18, 01:41 PM

Received 51 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Aisha Tyler brought up Chris Hardwick at the start of AMC's "Unapologetic" last night at the start of the show. My DVR cut off in the middle of what she was saying when it switched from Dietland to her show, so I didn't completely catch what she said. I heard her say that Chris has been her friend. I think she said their show wouldn't shy away from discussing the topic, but they didn't bring it up the rest of the show. Hopefully, it pops up on YouTube so I can hear the whole thing. It might be on demand also.
You pretty much caught everything. She began by saying she considers Hardwick to be a personal friend, but that doesn't mean she can't judge him based off an interaction/relationship she wasn't part of first hand. She then went on to say that his show will not air on AMC while they investigate further, and that she will continue to cover this story as it develops.

Nothing new...
Old 06-26-18, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i hope that means AMC is keeping an open mind in the event that things turn out to not be as they seem now.
Old 06-26-18, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

i hope that means AMC is keeping an open mind in the event that things turn out to not be as they seem now.
Why? Did anyone else get a break yet?
Old 06-26-18, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by d2cheer
Why? Did anyone else get a break yet?
No one else has been removed from their jobs due to an un-named report from one person with no details.
Old 06-26-18, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, the guy from MTV's Catfish just got put back to work on the show after they did an investigation and found the accusations against him baseless. I don't know how they can determine what Hardwick did or did not do when most of the accusations seem subjective and happened over a long term relationship.
Old 06-26-18, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, the guy from MTV's Catfish just got put back to work on the show after they did an investigation and found the accusations against him baseless. I don't know how they can determine what Hardwick did or did not do when most of the accusations seem subjective and happened over a long term relationship.
Good thing her BF says their lawyers have proof!
Old 06-26-18, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Terry Crews Says He Won’t Be in ‘Expendables 4’ After Producer Threatened Retaliation Over Sex Assault Allegations

In testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee, the actor said he left the film after being asked to drop his case against agent Adam Venit.
https://www.indiewire.com/2018/06/te...lt-1201978822/
Old 06-26-18, 05:27 PM

Received 51 Likes on 17 Posts

Apparently Janet Varney, another of Hardwick's ex's, has spoken out to the LA Times regarding her time being with Chris.

Actress Janet Varney, who dated Chris Hardwick and remains his friend, says the embattled comic and TV host never abused her during the seven years they were together.

Hardwick has been under fire, and his work life has been affected, since actress and cosplayer Chloe Dykstra wrote a post earlier this month that accused a former boyfriend — widely presumed to be Hardwick — of abuse.

“The last thing I wanted to do was to complicate an already complicated situation, and this statement isn’t intended to weaken or drown out the voices of those who have bravely moved us forward in the fight against all forms of abuse,” Varney told The Times exclusively in a statement Tuesday.

“But I have also only grown increasingly concerned each passing day about the myriad of ways that my silence could be interpreted, and have felt compelled to share my own experience,” said Varney, whose work includes “Stan Against Evil,” “You’re the Worst” and “The Legend of Korra.”

Without naming Hardwick directly in her June 14 post on Medium, Dykstra accused a former boyfriend of abusing her both emotionally and sexually and imposing controlling rules during their three-year relationship. She also accused him of blacklisting her in the industry after they broke up.

Hardwick has denied all allegations while admitting he and Dykstra had a turbulent relationship and weren’t a good match.

Varney had a different experience from the one Dykstra described.

“Over the seven years Chris and I were together, I was never subjected to any kind of sexual abuse or controlling behavior whatsoever,” Varney said. “Since our breakup in 2011, we have remained friends.”
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...y.html#nt=card
Old 06-26-18, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Matto1020
Apparently Janet Varney, another of Hardwick's ex's, has spoken out to the LA Times regarding her time being with Chris.

I've been waiting for her to say something. I remember when she was on @midnight and made it seem like their relationship sucked.
Old 06-26-18, 05:44 PM

No one else has been removed from their jobs due to an un-named report from one person with no details.
AMC has not fired Hardwick (yet). They just are not airing the show at this time, until they look in to the issue further.
Old 06-26-18, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jacinda Barret, who was engaged to Harwick at one point, also is defending him.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/06/jacin...-hardwick.html
Old 06-27-18, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 961 Likes on 668 Posts

Originally Posted by Matto1020

That certainly casts a shadow of doubt on Dykstra's story. Neither side makes sense. It would seem that Dykstra had a terrible time with Hardwick and it seems as if she doesn't have anything to gain by making stuff up against him. But on the other hand two people he had extensive relationships with have come out in defense of him who also have no reason to falsely defend him. Maybe this was just a bad break-up gone really bad?

Jacinda Barret, who was engaged to Harwick at one point, also is defending him.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/06/jacin...-hardwick.html
I think this is really important to make sure that the pendulum doesn't swing too far and that everyone should be heard.

"...what is of supreme importance here is that every woman and every man deserves a voice. Accuser and Accused. Everyone deserves to be heard. A rush to judgement denies the right to due process; the Metoo movement deserves due process."

Old 06-27-18, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dex14
AMC has not fired Hardwick (yet). They just are not airing the show at this time, until they look in to the issue further.
Didn't Nerdist basically remove him completely as well; and before AMC?
Old 06-27-18, 07:09 AM

Didn't Nerdist basically remove him completely as well; and before AMC?
Yes, they removed reference to him on the website, but he hasn't been part of the company for a while.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.