Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Old 05-10-23, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,131 Likes on 818 Posts
Re: Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

The gold-digger got her gold.
Old 05-10-23, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 466 Likes on 320 Posts

Jonathan Majors' problems are not going away; the DA is continuing to press charges:
https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/09/enter...ing/index.html
During the morning status conference, the DA provided more information regarding an incident that took place on March 25 between Majors and a female accuser. Previously, the complaint stated that Majors had allegedly struck the woman in her face with an open hand, causing a laceration behind her ear. The complaint now states that the woman also sustained injuries to her arm and hand and that she was allegedly pushed into the side of a vehicle by Majors.
[...]
In a statement to CNN following the hearing, Majors’ attorney Priya Chaudhry accused prosecutors of racial bias in the case and reiterated that her team has provided investigators video evidence that allegedly exonerates Majors.

Old 05-31-23, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,050 Likes on 831 Posts

Danny Masterson again found guilty of two counts of rape. Faces 30 years.

https://deadline.com/2023/05/danny-m...gy-1235373452/
Old 05-31-23, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 466 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2

Old 05-31-23, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,829 Likes on 2,744 Posts

Armie Hammer was acquitted of all the charges against him.

Not sure if he will be able to salvage his acting career. Going to be a very challenging road. I assume a lot of his former colleagues may not want to work with him again.
Old 05-31-23, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 905 Likes on 632 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2

Goodbye Wisconsin!
Old 05-31-23, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
Armie Hammer was acquitted of all the charges against him.

Not sure if he will be able to salvage his acting career. Going to be a very challenging road. I assume a lot of his former colleagues may not want to work with him again.
I hope it does not affect his twin brother's career.
Old 05-31-23, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 777 Likes on 633 Posts

I wonder why Bijou Phillips still supports him?

She could could move on and be with a better guy.

I am available if she ditches him

Old 05-31-23, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
It doesn't matter at this point, he's not worth the hassle for anyone to take a chance. Same deal with the Buffalo kicker - even though he's innocent...kickers and young leading men with chiseled looks are easy to find.
Old 06-01-23, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 232 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca

It's probably a scientology thing.
Old 06-01-23, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,347 Likes on 2,138 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca

I am available if she ditches him

Bijou never seemed all that stable to me either. Particularly since her dad was a sick fuck.
Old 06-01-23, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,408 Likes on 1,623 Posts

Originally Posted by joeblow69
It's probably a scientology thing.
That's my thought, those people are all kinds of fucked up.
Old 06-01-23, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cultshock
More money than god. Screwing Katie Holmes and Nicole Kidman. I wanna be that kind of fucked up.
Old 06-01-23, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 190 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
Screwing Katie Holmes and Nicole Kidman..

Old 06-01-23, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 232 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by cultshock
I remember reading something like scientologists can't even call the cops on another scientologist. All disputes are supposed to be handled by super-secret arbitration. If you break up with a scientologist, you will be labeled a suppressive person and completely blackballed, and they will go out of their way to ruin your life. It's a crazy cult.
Old 06-01-23, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 905 Likes on 632 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
More money than god. Screwing Katie Holmes and Nicole Kidman. I wanna be that kind of fucked up.
Yeah, I don't think Cruise did much screwing with Holmes and Kidman.
Old 06-01-23, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Coral
Yeah, I don't think Cruise did much screwing with Holmes and Kidman.
Well, I think he did . . . and I have the pictures to prove it!
Old 06-06-23, 12:10 PM

Received 4,731 Likes on 3,207 Posts

Sounds like a great idea...

Old 06-06-23, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

"Full Monty" Actor Reveals He Was Sacked From Disney TV Series After Runner Saw Him Naked In Trailer

British actor Hugo Speer, who appeared in the hit film The Full Monty, has given his account of how he believes he was unfairly sacked from the forthcoming Disney spin-off television series.

Speer has now told the UK's Daily Mail that Disney terminated his contract after he was seen naked in his trailer by a female runner who had knocked on his door and then opened it without waiting. Speer told the newspaper he hid himself behind the wardrobe and thought no more about it until, six days later, he was told there had been a couple of complaints – referring to this incident and another, when he'd walked naked past his open trailer door.

Speer reports that he was kept away from set while the company investigated and then told his contract had been terminated on the production. His character was then written out for the rest of the series.

A spokesperson for Disney told the Mail: "Last year, we were made aware of allegations of inappropriate conduct by Hugo Speer on the set of The Full Monty. As is policy, an independent investigation was launched. Upon its completion, the decision was made to terminate his contract, with immediate effect."
All joking aside about complaints about seeing a naked man on a show about naked men, it sounds (by his account) that the first incident was beyond his control, the second less so.
Old 06-12-23, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 786 Likes on 567 Posts

‘Black Panther 2’ Actor Tenoch Huerta Calls Sexual Assault Allegation ‘False and Completely Unsubstantiated’

Tenoch Huerta, best known for playing the villainous Namor in Marvel’s “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever,” is firing back against a sexual assault allegation made against him by musician María Elena Ríos. In a statement sent to Variety and published on his Instagram, Huerta called Ríos’ claims “false and completely unsubstantiated,” adding, “I cannot let it go unchallenged any longer.”

“About a year ago, I dated Elena for several months,” Huerta wrote. “It was entirely consensual at all times, as countless others can attest. And throughout it was a loving, warm and mutually supportive relationship. After it ended, however, Elena began to misrepresent our interactions both privately and in front of groups of mutual friends.

“As a result, a few months ago, I engaged a legal team to commence the appropriate actions to protect my reputation and refute these irresponsible and false accusations that can cause great prejudice and damage,” he continued. “Although I am by no means perfect, I know that these allegations are simply untrue. And while I will always work to improve myself, I need to contest claims that are both false and offensive.”

Ríos, a saxophonist and activist, publicly accused Huerta of sexual assault in a Twitter thread in which she called the Marvel actor a “sexual predator.”

Huerta added in his statement: “I am deeply grateful to my family and the people who have supported me and greatly appreciate everyone who is willing to look at the facts and reflect before rushing to an untrue and unjust conclusion.”

Marvel has yet to confirm when Huerta’s Namor will re-appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe following his debut in “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.” A representative for Marvel has not responded to Variety’s requests for comment.
Old 06-12-23, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,121 Likes on 1,632 Posts

First Kang and now Namor, hope the Guardians of the Galaxy 3 bad guy (no spoilers) is doing ok.
Old 06-12-23, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,384 Likes on 943 Posts

Timothy Hutton showed up in the last two episodes of SWAT recently. I told my wife the heat must be off because he wasn't criminally charged.
Old 06-12-23, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Timothy Hutton showed up in the last two episodes of SWAT recently. I told my wife the heat must be off because he wasn't criminally charged.
What did Timothy Hutton do? Or, rather, what's he been accused of?

EDIT: Here it is from last July. Never heard it before:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...te-1235183036/
Old 06-12-23, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,495 Likes on 4,441 Posts

Wes Anderson Stands by Bill Murray Amid Misconduct Claims: ‘He Is Really Part of My Family’

"Bill was such a great supporter of me from the very beginning," the "Asteroid City" director said of his longtime collaborator.Wes Anderson is standing by Bill Murray amid sexual misconduct claims against the actor.

After numerous harassment accusations and a formal complaint on the “Being Mortal” set, Murray chalked up his behavior to the changing state of comedy in the current culture. He added that he is hoping to “make peace with it.”

“Asteroid City” filmmaker and frequent Murray collaborator Anderson told IndieWire’s Eric Kohn that the allegations against Murray will in no way impact their working relationship.

“My experience with Bill is so extensive. Bill was such a great supporter of me from the very beginning,” Anderson said. “I don’t want to speak about somebody else’s experience, but he’s really part of my family. You know, he’s my daughter’s godfather. In fact, he actually baptized her. He’s the one who splashed the water.”

They have worked together on films including “Rushmore,” “The Royal Tenenbaums,” “The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou,” “The Darjeeling Limited,” “The Grand Budapest Hotel,” “Fantastic Mr. Fox,” and more. He is not in Anderson’s new film “Asteroid City,” out June 16.

Anderson continued, “Bill was supposed to be in the movie [‘Asteroid City’]. It’s not a great thing to say, ‘Well this person was supposed to play this part.’ Once someone gets a part, you’re supposed to say, ‘Well, this is their part.’ But in this case, because there was some confusion about what happened with Bill. He was supposed to play the motel manager who Steve Carell plays, and Bill got COVID four days before he was supposed to start shooting. He was in Ireland and in the case of our movie, we had schedules of so many people that are all puzzled around. The people who Bill was supposed to play scenes with were going to be gone by the time he cleared the COVID protocols and stuff. And in fact, he was quite sick. So Bill missed his part and Steve Carell came in quite suddenly. He was great, I loved having him. I met him, he arrived, and we were immediately shooting.”

The “Rushmore” director added, “Then when Bill got better, he came to Spain. At the end of the movie [where ‘Asteroid’ shot], we finished the movie, and Bill and I got in a car and drove to France. It was a great way to finish but it was the first time I hadn’t had him in a movie in a long time.”

Murray has starred in nine of Anderson’s films and had the lead role in “The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou.”

Anderson credited his decades-long personal relationships with actors like Murray for giving his films a distinct flavor.

“You know, the people I work with — Owen [Wilson], Bill, and Jason [Schwartzman] — these are people I have such a long thing with that when I don’t have them, gosh, I feel they’re missing,” Anderson said. “But at the same time, it’s probably not the worst thing in the world. I always love having new people. It just expands the whole range of it. You know, we have other movies.”

Anderson’s upcoming films include Roald Dahl adaptation “The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar” starring Ralph Fiennes, Dev Patel, Ben Kingsley and Richard Ayoade; the film is set to debut on Netflix in Fall 2023. The director additionally confirmed to IndieWire that an unnamed film starring Michael Cera will begin shooting later this year. Jeff Goldblum and Benicio Del Toro are rumored to also be cast; Goldblum appeared in “Asteroid City” and Del Toro worked with Anderson on “The French Dispatch.”
Old 06-12-23, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good for him.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.